• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Ideally you have some/all of the Guardians at the beginning... but I can see them doing the split off-screen and just drop Thor back in New Asgard like he just got home from college.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I think if they are going with the Jane Thor cancer route than it would make sense to keep the Guardians around initially since Peter has the back-story of losing a loved one to cancer and that would be a good character moment between himself and Thor.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Ideally you have some/all of the Guardians at the beginning... but I can see them doing the split off-screen and just drop Thor back in New Asgard like he just got home from college.
I think if they are going with the Jane Thor cancer route than it would make sense to keep the Guardians around initially since Peter has the back-story of losing a loved one to cancer and that would be a good character moment between himself and Thor.

I saw online that Taika and/or Gunn stated that Thor4 takes place before GotG3, but we know Gunn had originally planned to release the movie next year before Thor4 would've taken place. So maybe the Gunn script always planned to use Thor, and maybe that hasn't changed.

so, I also thought they could also have a post credit scene at the end where Thor uses the bi-frost to teleport around, from place to place, where he finally lands in the spot where he sees the GotG ship.
pan over to Starlord in a slow-mo shot at a nearby establishment looking shocked, then down to Rocket who begins to smirk, then Thor all oblivious to the conflict between him and Starlord as he waves them down and walks over.

then queue the title card with music!!!!

FjdUP37.png
but now it says Vol. 2

this also sets up a good joke about the next title card for James Gunn being the above, with the Vol.3 since it'll be the third time we see it should they use it in GotG Vol.3

Nov 1, 2017
With FFH reaching billion, jon watts becomes the 8th director in MCU to have a movie gross over $1 billion!

463j2bajjhc31.png

1. Jon Watts - Spider-Man: Far From Home
2. Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck - Captain Marvel
3. Ryan Coogler - Black Panther
4. Russo Brothers - Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame
5. Shane Black - Iron Man 3
6. Joss Whedon - Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Black Widow is described as gritty with raw and brutal fights. And they've been inspired by films like The Fugitive, Terminator 2 and Logan. I really think this one's gonna surprise a lot.

I think Black Widow is gonna bring me more of the kinds of battles I prefer. Where as Shang-Chi will be stylish and have supernatural elements to it and bringing you the beauty of it, Black Widow will bring the down low raw material that will hit you hard. I love that we will possibly get both variants of battles.

Simu Liu talks about landing the role of Shang-Chi

luca

Oct 25, 2017
ET Canada has an interview with Simu Liu, where he talks about receiving that call from Kevin Feige among many other things:

If you wanna get to know him more, here's also some articles on his fight for representation:

And a bullet points overview:

And here Simu talks about why getting the role of Shang-Chi is so important to him:

Simu Liu also seem to have been fond of both Sunfire from the X-Men and Namor:

So one is Sunfire," Liu began. "So Sunfire is one of the way back, OG member of the X-Men, he just never made it into the movies, for some reason I can't imagine why. But his name is Shiro Yoshida, he has a really cool backstory where he is basically raised as a terrorist with very anti-American values and then goes to America to plan an attack. It fails and then he realizes what he's doing is wrong and he kind of reforms himself into a superhero. Actually when I first started out in this industry, because I knew the film roles wouldn't just fall into my lap, I started just writing things on a whim. And I sketched out this 12-part series of a Sunfire perspective show, and I still have those files. It's very bad, but I put a lot of time into it when I was 22 and just getting started.

And before he became Shang-Chi, he was a stock photo model.

stockvtjd9.jpeg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017

luca

Oct 25, 2017
My poor Scarlet. :( I think we all know a thing or two about tripping ugh.

I can't remember if anyone has posted the Avengers: Endgame blooper reel in here.

scarlet4mkdz.gif

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
ET Canada has an interview with Simu Liu, where he talks about receiving that call from Kevin Feige among many other things:

If you wanna get to know him more, here's also some articles on his fight for representation:

And here Simu talks about why getting the role of Shang-Chi is so important to him:

Honestly, you can't help but love the guy. He's honestly an inspiration to not hesitate to shoot your shot.

My poor Scarlet. :( I think all we know a thing or two about tripping.

I can't remember if anyone has posted the Avengers: Endgame blooper reel in here.

scarlet4mkdz.gif
Even goddesses fumble on occasion.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Simu Liu also seem to have been fond of both Sunfire from the X-Men and Namor:

And before he became Shang-Chi, he was a stock photo model.

stockvtjd9.jpeg

holy shit that's awesome. Every interview with this guy shows he maxed out his charisma. He's insanely likable and charming.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
With FFH reaching billion, jon watts becomes the 8th director in MCU to have a movie gross over $1 billion!

463j2bajjhc31.png

1. Jon Watts - Spider-Man: Far From Home
2. Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck - Captain Marvel
3. Ryan Coogler - Black Panther
4. Russo Brothers - Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame
5. Shane Black - Iron Man 3
6. Joss Whedon - Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron
Whenever I see that Captain Marvel pic all I can think of is how great Mendelsohn looks in that suit.

Glad for Watts, he's done an amazing job with Spider-Man. He's been perfect for the Spidey they want portrayed in the MCU. We'll see if he's still directing them when Pete can grow a beard.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I love how Black Widow is described as gritty with raw and brutal fights. And they've been inspired by films like The Fugitive, Terminator 2 and Logan. I really think this one's gonna surprise a lot.

I think Black Widow is gonna bring me more of the kinds of battles I prefer. Where as Shang-Chi will be stylish and have supernatural elements to it and bringing you the beauty of it, Black Widow will bring the down low raw material that will hit you hard. I love that we will possibly get both variants of battles.

That sounds absolutely great. This is my favorite type of action scene, I don't like tightly choreographed action scenes that seem like people are going through the motions.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That sounds absolutely great. This is my favorite type of action scene, I don't like tightly choreographed action scenes that seem like people are going through the motions.
One of the action setpiece is fight with taskmaster where he mirror Black Widow's moves. I think that will require a very tightly coreographed action. Also, all of Black Widow action in MCU have a lot of over top flip and throws etc. Not sure if they will suddenly drop that kind of action style

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
One of the action setpiece is fight with taskmaster where he mirror Black Widow's moves. I think that will require a very tightly coreographed action. Also, all of Black Widow action in MCU have a lot of over top flip and throws etc. Not sure if they will suddenly drop that kind of action style

I hope they do. As much as I like MCU films I don't much care for the action in them.

Edit: I'll elaborate. I am not a fan of weightless action. For me a big part that sells me on an action scene is the proper weight and force of the hits. Martial arts-style combat lacks the feeling of an actual fight, it seems more like a dance than actual combat.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I love Widow's fighting style. It's quite unique and consistent in every film. One move she does is grabbing her opponent by the neck with her knees and start punching the motherfucker. I'll never forget the first time I saw Civil War, she tried this on my man Bucky and ended poorly for her I was like "damn that usually works".

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Thus far, black window has the best fight choreography in the MCU films. I'm glad I'll get to an entire movie worth of it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I take it open spoilers for Spider-Man: Far From Home is allowed now, and has been for a week.

Quite a few images from the film has released, and ComicBook.com has collected them in one place.

s13uj5x.jpg

And a new clip released from Avengers: Endgame. I never noticed Spidey's mechanical arms were ripped off.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Seems like Chloe Zhao will be shooting most of Eternals on 16mm Ektachrome film, and is being given creative control to shoot on actual sets instead of mostly green screen like they usually do. Doctor Strange also had one scene shot on film.

I don't know if we post about Marvel TV properties in here anymore, but Hulu released the desciption for Runaways S3 during the TCA. The description and video (which totally just spoiled the end of S2 for me has made me intrigued. Might binge S2 this weekend.

Season 3 of Marvel's Runaways finds its heroes frantically searching for their captured friends Chase, Gert and Karolina. The kids go head to head with an unstoppable enemy who has targeted Leslie — or more accurately, the child she's carrying. Nico draws them all into a dark realm where its ruler, Morgan le Fay (Elizabeth Hurley), is much more nefarious than anyone the kids have yet to face.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Seems like Chloe Zhao will be shooting most of Eternals on 16mm Ektachrome film, and is being given creative control to shoot on actual sets instead of mostly green screen like they usually do. Doctor Strange also had one scene shot on film.

Interesting indeed. Maybe Marvel Studios isn't crushing directors' creativity and vision like some seem to think.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a new deleted scene from Avengers: Endgame, showing the fallout of Tony Stark's sacrifice:

And the Russos talking about the Thor scene:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Here's a new deleted scene from Avengers: Endgame, showing the fallout of Tony Stark's sacrifice:

I can definitely see why this scene was cut; including both this and the big funeral tracking shot would have felt awfully redundant, and I think the latter works better. This just feels like it's trying a bit too hard to wring (even) more pathos out of Stark's death.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you need either that scene or the funeral scene, not both, and the funeral scene serves the purpose better.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely a cool scene to see though. Maybe it wouldn't fit in the movie but I like it. Neat that Hawkeye kneels first.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I take it open spoilers for Spider-Man: Far From Home is allowed now, and has been for a week.

Quite a few images from the film has released, and ComicBook.com has collected them in one place.

And a new clip released from Avengers: Endgame. I never noticed Spidey's mechanical arms were ripped off.

Rocket jumping on top of Groot to protect him got me choked up lmao how they hell did Marvel get me this invested into the feelings of a talking Rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.