• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
Oh so Sony is gonna pull a dick move I see.

Again, a deal can still be made but this is Rothman already prepping some bullshit.

It just sounds like more PR to me, just like the statements at D23 and that other convention. Until Sony announces the release date for a non-MCU SM3, there's always a chance for another deal to be made.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

39-gun-to-head.png

16539.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
What are you guys expecting Tom to say? "My bosses are a bunch of fuck ups, please don't watch the movies that I'm going to star in?"

You guys are like a complete mood whiplash. Just yesterday you come storming in here talking about some rumor from somewhere (no one is saying where?) that Sony and Disney are going to be talking again next week or something, and then you come in with some random Tom Holland PR quote that's basically identical to everything he's been saying about the situation since D23 and the sky is falling again.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
What are you guys expecting Tom to say? "My bosses are a bunch of fuck ups, please don't watch the movies that I'm going to star in?"

You guys are like a complete mood whiplash. Just yesterday you come storming in here talking about some rumor from somewhere (no one is saying where?) that Sony and Disney are going to be talking again next week or something, and then you come in with some random Tom Holland PR quote that's basically identical to everything he's been saying about the situation since D23 and the sky is falling again.
Seriously
I don't want to reply to as good of a post as this with this brief of a response but....seriously, just calm down lol, and I want Spider-Man back as much as anyone here (maybe even more)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

it's like clockwork, I swear

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
If it was totally done and dusted, Sony would have announced Spider-Man v Venom: Dawn of Lobsters or something by now. We won't know for sure about the outcome of any further negotiations until either that happens or they announce a new deal with MS/Disney. Tom's not going to know for sure either what is going to happen, and he can't really openly call execs doinks, so he has to give generic "I trust whatever they do will be good" kind of statements when asked about it.

Basically...

a6ba44d6d719ab4aecd1644b8907b987.gif

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Anyone who expects him to bad-mouth the people who sign his checks is delusional. Andrew Garfield blamed Sony in the press for fucking up ASM2 (he was completely right) and what happened next? Spidey got rebooted. Hell Sony was about to recast Tobey after the first Spider-Man movie when he started to play hardball with contract negotiations.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Random aside:

If you want to get an idea of just how much of the Marvel Universe has still been untapped in the MCU, check out these new comics:

cleangjktn.jpg

They're a really easy and fun read. So far they are at issue #2 and it goes up to the formation of the Fantastic Four (which is basically where shit REALLY begins lol).

Sometimes it scares me just how much material there is to pluck from. We're only just scratching the surface, even if they start cranking out these Disney+ shows every year.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Random aside:

If you want to get an idea of just how much of the Marvel Universe has still been untapped in the MCU, check out these new comics:

cleangjktn.jpg

They're a really easy and fun read. So far they are at issue #2 and it goes up to the formation of the Fantastic Four (which is basically where shit REALLY begins lol).

Sometimes it scares me just how much material there is to pluck from. We're only just scratching the surface, even if they start cranking out these Disney+ shows every year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Siancong plays a part in Shang-Chi.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I can already imagine the scene were a hurt Hardy asks Venom to go help Peter so that he can dramatically get the Black Suit like it's this huuuuge amazing never-seen-before combo of iconic hero powers....

Ugh.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone who expects him to bad-mouth the people who sign his checks is delusional. Andrew Garfield blamed Sony in the press for fucking up ASM2 (he was completely right) and what happened next? Spidey got rebooted. Hell Sony was about to recast Tobey after the first Spider-Man movie when he started to play hardball with contract negotiations.
I have never respected an actor more than Garfield giving Sony the finger over ASM2.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching Garfield in other movies like Silence and Hacksaw Ridge and somehow he captures the spirit of Spider-Man in those movies better than in Spider-Man. He could have been a really good older Peter Parker like in the PS4 game.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

You take the people in this thread too seriously. Most are joking.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah Tom's quote doesn't mean much

Not sure what other people's sources are but I heard about the talks from WeGotThisCovered, which people are probably going to want to turn out is often untrustworthy but apparently it's from the same source as the one who leaked on WeGotThisCovered Taskmaster in Black Widow and Black Knight, both of which were real scoops.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah Tom's quote doesn't mean much

Not sure what other people's sources are but I heard about the talks from WeGotThisCovered, which people are probably going to want to turn out is often untrustworthy but apparently it's from the same source as the one who leaked on WeGotThisCovered Taskmaster in Black Widow and Black Knight, both of which were real scoops.

The rumored meeting takes place next week apparently.

Let's hope for the best

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You mean so Holland's version isn't ruined?

Nah, so that audiences don't get confused.

I'm used to having like 25 Batmen running around in Comics, Joe Moviegoer isn't so the MCU and Sony's movies could get hit with fatigue really fast.

But if we have "Spider-Man: X Home" and say "Spectacular Spider-Man" we can get two different products easy to differentiate

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
We would be seven-ish months ago from Guardians 3 but then the alt-right happened.

Spider-Man is dead.

Life is pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.