• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing about Guardians 3 is it will be after Thor's next movie
Yeah, I wonder if someone will ask Thor about the Guardians in Love and Thunder.

I'm sure we will never know but I'd love to know just how much stuff James Gunn will have to re-write to make the new timeline work.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wonder if someone will ask Thor about the Guardians in Love and Thunder.

I'm sure we will never know but I'd love to know just how much stuff James Gunn will have to re-write to make the new timeline work.
Chris Pratt intimated he'd be in another Marvel movie before Guardians, most likely being Thor.

I wonder too when James Gunn knew Gamora was being killed off.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Are they really going to make a power pack D+ show before a moongirl+devil live action one????? WHY!

Also do you guys think elsa bloodstone will be apart of the hulu shows? I'm gonna be really disapointed if they do that, i want her to interact with characters like wanda and steven :(

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finally we have a full HQ image of the WandaVision D23 art:

wandavision-d23expo-pxrjn5.jpg

And The Falcon and the Winter Soldier:

falcon-and-winter-solcyjto.jpg

Suit looks red, white and black to me, but I'm on a phone.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Are they really going to make a power pack D+ show before a moongirl+devil live action one????? WHY!

Also do you guys think elsa bloodstone will be apart of the hulu shows? I'm gonna be really disapointed if they do that, i want her to interact with characters like wanda and steven :(

I don't think Disney has any incentive to divide up the marvel universe. Characters will always find their way together at some point

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Bucky really needs some goggles or sunglasses as a tribute to the domino mask. Ah well, I'm just happy he'll have short hair in the comics again now.

Supposedly, Marvel Studios has plans for Doctor Doom, maybe making a Disney+ series for him.

I wonder if they'll use the Noah Hawley series that he's been pitching to Fox? Supposedly he's been talking with Feige about it.

Sounds like a good plan, using a different FF villain is a smart way to actually signify that it's a fresh start for the first MCU movie. A Doom show alongside it will get people hyped anyways.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with Spider-Man being in Sony's universe, but it would be nice if further down the road they could negotiate his return. Right now, everything else Marvel Studios has on the way is just making me way too excited for that alone. Just please, keep Tom Holland, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon no matter the studio.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Great. Time to move on then. Sony has a great template and cast to work with. Let's see what they can do.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Sony, FFH making a billion was probably the nail in the coffin.

'We can make a billion without that Feigi nerd.'

Won't be seeing whatever spittle they produce.

Oct 31, 2017

Supposedly, Marvel Studios has plans for Doctor Doom, maybe making a Disney+ series for him.

I wonder if they'll use the Noah Hawley series that he's been pitching to Fox? Supposedly he's been talking with Feige about it.

Wow! I'm surprised! No one on the internet has been asking for a Marvel Studios led Doctor Doom movie/series! Why are you doing this Feige????

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Sony, FFH making a billion was probably the nail in the coffin.

'We can make a billion without that Feigi nerd.'

Won't be seeing whatever spittle they produce.
In the Variety article they mention the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and The Boys on Amazon Prime reassured them they got competent folks in their own fold.

I would generally love for Marvel Studios to give villains their solo movies.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Yea they don't need their most popular character. Do you work in Sony Pictures' PR department or something? That's the same BS they're spewing by saying Kevin Feige doesn't have time for Spider-Man.
I'm sorry you took it that way.
What I mean is that MCU has more than enough "projects" going on right than ever.
It's not a total loss if we are taking a huge break from Spiderman going forward.
We got plenty of things in the MCU to look forward to in the years to come.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
"For now"

There's still hope I guess but aside from that cliffhanger, I'm good, especially knowing Kamala and Jen are coming and maybe the Pack now.

NOW WHERE'S MY ANTMAN/WASP 3!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yea they don't need their most popular character. Do you work in Sony Pictures' PR department or something? That's the same BS they're spewing by saying Kevin Feige doesn't have time for Spider-Man.

They could always use Spider-Man, but objectively, they don't NEED him in the MCU. Sure he's their most popular character, but they have plenty of other popular characters, and characters who are rapidly growing in popularity.

Kevin Feige "not having time" is a half-truth. He doesn't have time to keep doing Sony's movies for essentially free - not when Marvel has a ton of other properties that will actually generate a profit for Disney.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It doesn't. Every update that isn't a clear sign of ongoing negotiations will be met with a lot of pushback. I still think they'll work something out.

said this before and in the other thread, but: while I'm definitely not saying it's a foregone conclusion, I'm not losing any sleep over it until/unless Sony takes more concrete steps toward starting production of a new Spider-Man solo film on its own

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
said this before and in the other thread, but: while I'm definitely not saying it's a foregone conclusion, I'm not losing any sleep over it until/unless Sony takes more concrete steps toward starting production of a new Spider-Man solo film on its own

The lack of any release date announcements from Sony and no similar public statements from any of the higher-ups at Disney like Bob Iger or Alan Horn so far makes me feel the same way.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't there rumors of talks beginning again next week? I don't know where those were from so who knows how credible that might be, but I still don't think that a Sonyverse Spider-Man 3 is a foregone conclusion.

Of course, it might ultimately result in that and don't want to just be in denial, but we should remember that it's been a little over two weeks since the initial story of the deal breakdown came through. The window for a deal is nowhere near close to being sealed for good and there's still plenty of time for cooler heads to prevail and deal to be made that both sides are satisfied with.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
You're probably not going to see spidey in the MCU again, not Tom Holland's anyway. It's pretty clear that Sony just wanted take their ball and go home. A Venom-Spider-Man movie will sell alot of tickets, regardless of how shitty it is.

There's alot in the MCU to look forward to, but it's a huge blow.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If Sony reboots the IP again after FFH, everyone is gonna just say NAH, regardless if it's Venom-Spidey. You can't burn down on big shot just because you decided the other bigger shot wasn't worth keeping.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Weren't there rumors of talks beginning again next week? I don't know where those were from so who knows how credible that might be, but I still don't think that a Sonyverse Spider-Man 3 is a foregone conclusion.

Of course, it might ultimately result in that and don't want to just be in denial, but we should remember that it's been a little over two weeks since the initial story of the deal breakdown came through. The window for a deal is nowhere near close to being sealed for good and there's still plenty of time for cooler heads to prevail and deal to be made that both sides are satisfied with.

Some people say Sony is just posturing for those negotiations

But I'm ready to move on

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Sony being so blunt with their statements makes it seem like they really have no interest in making a deal happen unless they walk away like bandits.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I love these movies and I especially love Tom Holland as Spidey, but I am at peace with the idea that we were lucky as heck to get the ones we got.

The MCU has an absurdly deep bench of characters available and almost too many hours of new shows & movies coming in the next 2-3 years. It sucks that Spidey might not be part of that. But given everything else going on in the world, I can't get heated about it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

There have been 18 MCU movies without Spider-Man, and six more non Spider-Man movies have been officially announced, all in a movie universe that is all but guaranteed at least $1B a film at the box office now. It's going to be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.