• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting

So a reverse pyramid where F is for fantastic and S+ is Shitty +?

I mean you have the best MCU film Thor 2: The Dark World in the F section so I have to assume you're changing things up!

I like it

I assume by your statement, you also think the hulk movie is the one of the best MCU movies. You do you, I guess.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Strange 2 seem to have gotten a cinematographer. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier got a cinematographer as well.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit that's a dream casting right there! I hadn't pictured her as Kate Bishop, but Hailee is one of my favorites. Almost as good as Florence Pugh as Yelena and Gemma Chan as Sersi.

h189ktj.gif

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Day 19 of no Spider-Man...
My thoughts as of now on the whole situation:
I still have hope that they will come to an agreement, but as time passes, I have started to prepare for the worst
If they really can't reach one, of course I'd be depressed about it for a while, but I'd get over it, MCU will keep making $1, $2, and maybe even $3 billion dollar movies without him, and Sony may damn well come crawling back just as they did after ASM2 disappointed. Me personally, I probably won't be watching any Spidey or Spidey-adjacent movies without MCU intervention that aren't Lord and Miller Spider-Verse joints, I've been waiting for Peter to team up with other Marvel heroes for all my life, and I'm not interested in going back to the way it used to be
As far as the MCU goes, of course I'll get hyped and excited about all the upcoming projects with everyone, but I'll always lament what could've been...
611463.jpg

51I7MekS-7L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

38de9a4db24f469a52e6b67a9665813b.jpg

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Holy shit that's a dream casting right there! I hadn't pictured her as Kate Bishop, but Hailee is one of my favorites. Almost as good as Florence Pugh as Yelena and Gemma Chan as Sersi.

h189ktj.gif

Hmm probably a coincidence, but interesting timing with this 4chan post i saw only just a few days before. Also with what's been said about additional eternal roles to be announced.

>Black Widow's father is played by Ray Winstone. Isabela Moner plays a new KGB recruit, mentored by David Harbour's Red Guardian.

>The main plot of Eternals is Black Knight and Sersi's relationship. Adam Scott and Brendan Gleeson are cast as Eros and Zuras.

>Shang Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is set before Endgame but after Infinity War. Little to no connection to the MCU besides the Ten Rings. Steven Yuen, Kelly Marie Tran, BD Wong, Jamie Chung, and Donnie Yen are being offered roles.

>Doctor Strange into the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio's number one choice for Nightmare.

>Spider Man 3 was planned to come out in July 2021 before the Sony/Marvel deal fell apart

>Thor: Love And Thunder takes place 95% in space. Peter Dinklage returns as Eitri. Chris Pratt has a small appearance as Quill. Taika Waititi wants Ryan Gosling and Finn Wolfhard for roles in the film.

>Fantastic Four is the February 2022 film.

>Black Panther 2 is about Namor taking over Wakanda. Micheal B Jordan has a minor role as Kilmonger.

>Guardians of The Galaxy Vol.3 is set to be released in July 2022. Lucas Till, Dacre Montgomery, and Zac Efron all met with James Gunn about playing Adam Warlock Mark Hamill is in the film as The High Evolutionary.

>Blade and Captain Marvel 2 are set for 2023.

>The X-Men reboot is a high priority for Disney, with them wanting it to be released no later than 2023.

>Feige has met with Ewan McGregor, Millie Bobby Brown, Keanu Reeves, Himesh Patel, Collin Farrell, Hailee Steinfeld, and Henry Cavill for future MCU roles.

The post mentioned Hailee Steinfield before the article went up, which probably is a lucky guess. Still, gotta say I would fucking love to see David Tennant again, and Nightmare seems an unexpectedly perfect casting based on his Purple Man. Mark Hamil as High Evolutionary is also pretty damn cool.

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts as of now on the whole situation:
I still have hope that they will come to an agreement, but as time passes, I have started to prepare for the worst
If they can't really can't reach one, of course I'd be depressed about it for a while, but I'd get over it, MCU will keep making $1, $2, and maybe even $3 billion dollar movies without him, and Sony may well come crawling back just as they did after ASM2 disappointed. Me personally, I probably won't be watching any Spidey or Spidey-adjacent movies without MCU intervention that aren't Lord and Miller Spider-Verse movies, I've been waiting for Peter to team up with other Marvel heroes for all my life, and I'm not interested in going back to the way it used to be
As far as the MCU goes, of course I'll get hyped and excited about all the upcoming projects with everyone, but I'll always lament what could've been...
611463.jpg

51I7MekS-7L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

38de9a4db24f469a52e6b67a9665813b.jpg
Spider-Man is done. Night-Monkey is the future.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Destin Daniel Cretton said this about the Mandarin in an interview with the Observer:

"I think [Leung] brings a humanity that we need for that character," the director explained. "We are not looking to contribute anymore to the Asian stereotypes that we have seen both in cinema and pop culture. We're hoping to just show some different sides to both Asian-Americans and Chinese-Americans and Mainland Chinese characters. Tommy is such an incredible actor and I'm excited to have him help us break some of those stereotypes because that villain could easily become a punchline."

Makes me really hopeful.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The moment we saw that casting I said Tony Leung is gonna eat in this movie. You don't cast one of the Tigers to play a joke role.

(Ok, fine, HK still does it plenty, I guess.)
Yeah definitely. I just want them to avoid stereotyping as much as possible. Also, I need to get around to more of Tony Leung's movies.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
No he's 55. Assuming there is a build up to him appearing (and it won't be a one and done appearance), he'll be pushing 60.

It's as absurd as Sony casting Woody Harrelson as Carnage.

Honestly a 60 year old Cletus Kasady isn't that far out of the question based on his characterization in the past decade. I mean he loves Lynyrd Skynyrd haha.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Silver Surfer would be cool for Keanu. He's probably going to be mostly CG and mocap anyways, age isn't really a factor.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Do you know how old Paul Rudd and Chadwick are?
Not approaching 60? Chadwick is 42/Rudd is 50. If we don't get Silver Surfer for maybe 4 years, Keanu will be turning 60.

I don't know, he seems fit, but if Silver Surfer is going to appear in more than one or two films, I'd cast younger. Ed Skrein for example.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
HOLY SHIT SON

DISNEY+ DELIVERING ALL THE GOODS

Man, I just want Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney Plus and a Season 3 revival by Chris Yost. Best Hawkeye and Janet out there.

Speaking of Hawkeyes, I really hope Kate cracks a ton of jokes and is sassy as hell like in the comics. She also needs her purple aviator glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.