• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
ManaByte

EbGsYLf.jpg

Charlie is a box office insider with access to raw box office data. His projections are pointing out to Endgame topping Avatar around the 07/26 weekend, but honestly? Depending on how well today goes and the actuals come tomorrow, I wouldn't doubt that your prophecy happens and that the Avengers celebrate the record right there, at SDCC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm reading through Eve Ewing's Ironheart run right now, & so far it only proves the "Bendis Characters Improve Dramatically When Taken Out of Bendis' Hands" theory correct.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Yeah, I'm actually really excited for the future. A big chapter has ended but there are so many characters to introduce and so many stories to tell. Just think that Feige has the next three or so years already planned out and the Fantastic Four and X-Men are right around the corner. The MCU can easily go on for thirty years without any need for a reboot.
I think you can safely increase that by a few years (he says five planned out in detail, way more in general; wish I could take a look at what that looks like).

Man, loving the positivity around the MCU. I really hope they nail Falcon's character development in his show. That's really needed I think, because even among the b-listers of the movies he's gotten little to do. Plus I'm really looking forward to what they'll do with Wanda and hope they really tie her back into the movies after her show. So much goodness coming...

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What a year for Marvel. First we had the first flop in Captain Marvel, then Endgame which some thought wouldn't surpass Infinity War due to the great and powerful Pikachu and finally FFH which might be the first Spidey movie to crack a billy.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Jatinder is estimating $566k for Endgame's Sunday, $90k above the studio estimates, for a $1.78m Domestic weekend. That puts Endgame $7.07m behind the worldwide record, actuals come later today.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I really hope they make it look distinct to anything else in the MCU. Some more recent work he has done include Alita: Battle Angel, Baby Driver, The Jungle Book, At World's End and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.

Also, only 5 days till our SDCC panel! Really crossing my fingers for that Shang-Chi casting but I think they're cutting it close. And for more Eternals castings to be revealed.

That sounds like a good choice. Has Pope worked on any other MCU films?
No.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The conspiracy theories have started over at the box office thread. Disney is fudging Endgame's numbers apparently.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta be honest, seeing those guys pile on you and Zatt the last couple of weeks and now this.... I will enjoy reading their meltdowns.

I won't deny it's funny but you guys need to be really careful as Zatt and me already caught a ban for responding in kind. Deception I would strongly recommend treading lightly in the box office thread, they will set you up for a ban for sure.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a celebration thread when the time comes, let them come up with whatever pathetic conspiracy theory they like. History will be written.

It really is bizarre. James Cameron will be polite and congratulatory when it happens-but these posters will just be curmudgeons and bitter. I don't get it.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Edit: IMPORTANT UPDATE

Jatinder is now saying that the ETA for the record went from July 26th to July 24th.
tucci.png

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
There's been excitement for a while in China now, and this report just backs it up with it trending on Weibo.

Seems like these are the mainland actors the Chinese audience would like to see cast:

Most of the online chatter about Shang-Chi at present is about whom users would love to see in the role. Age notwithstanding, some of the more popular names bandied about have been Eddie Peng ("Operation Mekong"), Zhang Jin ("Ip Man 3", Wong Kar-Wai's "The Grandmaster"), Wu Jing ("Wolf Warrior 2"), Huang Jingyu ("Operation Red Sea"), Ashton Chen Xiaolong ("Ip Man 2"), Li Xian ("The Founding of an Army"), rapper Jackson Wang, Leo Wu Lei (TV series "Nirvana in Fire"), and Liu Haoran ("Detective Chinatown 2"). Peng, who is starring in the upcoming big-budget Dante Lam blockbuster "Rescue," is a clear favorite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.