• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The guy has an Uatu on his desk.
That Uatu must be watching over my heart too.
giphy.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Man, after watching Chernobyl and all the nuclear power plant stuff, I would love for the first F4 villain to be Molecule Man caused by a 1960s meltdown. Would be the perfect setup for the next event film too.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
2022 isn't exactly fast tracking.

They have Black Widow (filming now), The Eternals (filming in August), Shang-Chi (filming at the end of the year), Doctor Strange 2 (filming in January), Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 all lined up before it.
Isn't Eternals shooting in the fall and Shang-Chi early next year? Falcon and Winter Soldier is shooting in August.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Possible for Shang-Chi to come next year if they are filming in 2019?
(I know the current slate is still 2 films in 2020)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Disney has announced their full D23 schedule:

"The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what's on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!"

Sounds to me Marvel Studios are revealing their Phase 4 slate at this event.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
My mind is just teeming with ideas for the F4 now. My wishlist for F4 themes.
  1. Fantastic Four (2022) - Molecule Man as the main villain, defeated but will return
  2. Fantastic Four 2 (2024) - Doctor Doom tries to defeat the F4 single handily but fails, realizes he needs help.
  3. Fantastic Four 3 (2027) - Doctor Doom uses Molecule Man to tap into his full potential which unknowingly has them travel to the Negative Zone which unleashes Annihilus onto the universe. Doom and Molecule Man get trapped in the Negative Zone. F4 fight Annilhus with help from the New Avengers (Spidey, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain Falcon) in the 1st cross-over film with the First Family. They banish Annilhus back the Negative Zone but release Doom and Molecule Man which then starts the events of the Secret Wars arc.
  4. Secret Wars pt 1 (2029) and Secret Wars pt 2 (2030)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They've NEVER revealed aMarvel slate at D23. They show footage from one or two movies. The slate is at SDCC, and Feige announced that last year.
Makes sense really. They're probably revealing the slate at SDCC, and then bringing a few things for D23 attendees.

Can they just reveal it all next week, please.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Makes sense really. They're probably revealing the slate at SDCC, and then bringing a few things for D23 attendees.

Can they just reveal it all next week, please.

They do the big slate blow out at SDCC, and then they bring exclusive footage for one or two movies to D23. They don't have much time at D23 for a slate reveal. They're just one part of a larger presentation.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they really need to just start live streaming the Hall H panels. the full thing. It's impossible to avoid bootleg recordings in this day and age.

I know they want to make it SPECIAL for the people there in person, but... the NBA finals airs out to millions of people on TV and I'm pretty fucking sure it still feels special to be there in person. I say this as someone who was AT Hall H for Marvel's panel in 2014.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
More set photos from Black Widow:

And some older ones we didn't post back then:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
https://www./tvshowbiz/article-7112...sson-appears-set-filming-begins-spin-off.html

More photos here. Also shows O.T: Fagbenle on set.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Are we thinking Black Widow or Eternals for the May 2020 spot?

I feel like which one they choose to start phase 4 will be super interesting. Iron Man, Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Civil War started the other phases. While Iron Man 3 is kinda ehh, it's still big shoes to fill.

I feel like if Black Widow is first, it'll certainly tie into to the future of the MCU in a big way. I'm still in denial, so I like to think that the movie ends with Nat waking up on Vormir, setting up for Guardians 3, but I know that's me being stubborn.

More likely, I can see them introducing another assassin character that we can introduce in the New Avengers.

I do think Eternals makes a lot of sense since Phase 4 will have that "cosmic focus", which I will admit scares me a little bit. I really like having Earth to ground the Avengers. Sure we've got the Guardians and Thor: Ragnarok which are awesome space movies, but something about Earth makes them more familiar and relatable.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm personally hoping it's fake, if only to not get a FF movie directed by Peyton Reed lol (I like Ant-Man & AMATW, but someone different pretty please)

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty amazing to see so many projects at the same time. On top of the ones we already know like Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, Black Widow, Eternals, Guardians 3, Captain Marvel 2 there were also rumors about Nova, Thunderbolts and now Fantastic Four?

I'm super excited to see what they do with the Avengers, Guardians and select personal favorites but I'm certainly not going all in on everything. Hoping we see an Avengers movie in phase 4.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So this is kind of unbelievable, Tuesday is our cheaper day at the movie theater in Canada and it looks like Far From Home opening on a Tuesday will still be cheaper.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Even if the rumor is fake, there is no fucking way F4 is not making their entrance into the MCU some time in the next 5 years...
It will happen, it's only a matter of when.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Are we thinking Black Widow or Eternals for the May 2020 spot?

I feel like which one they choose to start phase 4 will be super interesting. Iron Man, Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Civil War started the other phases. While Iron Man 3 is kinda ehh, it's still big shoes to fill.

I feel like if Black Widow is first, it'll certainly tie into to the future of the MCU in a big way. I'm still in denial, so I like to think that the movie ends with Nat waking up on Vormir, setting up for Guardians 3, but I know that's me being stubborn.

More likely, I can see them introducing another assassin character that we can introduce in the New Avengers.

I do think Eternals makes a lot of sense since Phase 4 will have that "cosmic focus", which I will admit scares me a little bit. I really like having Earth to ground the Avengers. Sure we've got the Guardians and Thor: Ragnarok which are awesome space movies, but something about Earth makes them more familiar and relatable.

Black Widow will happen first.

Worth noting that GOTG3 was originally meant to kick off the Phase 4 wave of films. The 2020 slate initially had one movie in May (which Gunn said was Guardians), one in July (Widow), one in November (Eternals). When GOTG3 was delayed on account of Gunn's temporary firing, the July date was scratched and Widow was moved up into May. So it wasn't exactly the plan to start things with Black Widow, though given how big a role Natasha had in Endgame, it still kind of works out.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Black Widow will happen first.

Worth noting that GOTG3 was originally meant to kick off the Phase 4 wave of films. The 2020 slate initially had one movie in May (which Gunn said was Guardians), one in July (Widow), one in November (Eternals). When GOTG3 was delayed on account of Gunn's temporary firing, the July date was scratched and Widow was moved up into May. So it wasn't exactly the plan to start things with Black Widow, though given how big a role Natasha had in Endgame, it still kind of works out.
This is why I hate Twitter BS. GotG 3 had the most immediate setup from the ending of EG and I can not wait to see what happens with that team but because of BS we'll have to wait to likely late 2021 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.