• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

It's literally the identical Saturday schedule as every year. The Live Action at the Walt Disney Studios panel usually about two hours. Walt Disney Studios gets the first HALF of that. Then Marvel and Lucasfilm come out with about 15-20 minutes each. They show an exclusive clip and that's it. Marvel has NEVER done a slate reveal at D23 (because there's no time for that), so all the sites and YouTubers claiming that are just click baiting.

This is the full press release and there's NO slate announcement in it:

The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Parks, and Disney+ Join the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony in the 6,800-Seat "Hall D23" Venue at the Anaheim Convention Center.

BURBANK, Calif., June 6, 2019 D23: The Official Disney Fan Club has announced the lineup of the most highly anticipated presentations at D23 Expo 2019, August 23–25. The Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, hosted by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, will kick off the Expo on Friday morning, August 23. Later that same day, Disney+ will showcase its exciting slate of original films and series coming to the streaming service, set to launch in the U.S. on November 12. On Saturday morning, The Walt Disney Studios will give fans a sneak peek at their collection of world-class film labels, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, and Lucasfilm. And on Sunday morning, fans will get a preview of what's in store at Disney Parks during a presentation hosted by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek.

These Expo favorites will take place in "Hall D23," the 6,800-seat venue located in Hall D of the Anaheim Convention Center. The schedule of Hall D23 Events and Presentations is as follows (all events subject to change and additional events to be announced in the coming weeks):

The Disney Legends Awards Ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. Friday, August 23. The ceremony, hosted by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, will once again honor those visionaries and artists who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy. This year's recipients are:Wing Chao, Robert Downey Jr., Jon Favreau, James Earl Jones, Bette Midler, Kenny Ortega, Barnette Ricci, Robin Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Ming-Na Wen, and Hans Zimmer.

On Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m., the highly anticipated streaming service Disney+ will give guests a first look at some of its original content including Lady and the Tramp, The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and many more during this star-studded presentation.

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what's on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!

On Sunday, August 25, at 10:30 a.m., step into the magical world of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products with Chairman Bob Chapek to find out what's new and what's next for resorts around the globe, including more about the transformational plans for Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Single-day tickets for Friday and Sunday of D23 Expo 2019 are available for $89 for one-day adult admission and $69 for children 3–9. Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $77 for a one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9. Single-day Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2019, visit D23Expo.com.

About D23 Expo 2019

D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. For the latest D23 Expo 2019 news, visit D23expo.com.Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. To join the D23 Expo conversation, be sure to follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.

About D23

The name "D23" pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney's 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.

Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($99.99), Gold Family Membership ($129.99), and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

And they aren't skipping SDCC like some people are falsely claiming (the SDCC schedule won't be out for a month or so).

The last time they skipped SDCC was last year (which was NOT a D23 year).

In 2017 D23 was the week before SDCC. At D23 they showed the Infinity War footage with the cast there.

A week later at SDCC, Marvel announced the Janet casting via the Luis video, showed Captain Marvel concept art announcing the MCU Skrulls, brought out the Black Panther cast, and did a presentation on Thor Ragnarok.

Because at D23 they have time for one clip, while SDCC gives them two hours all to themselves.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The day they permanently skip SDCC forever will be the day they get their own version of Star Wars Celebration.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The day they permanently skip SDCC forever will be the day they get their own version of Star Wars Celebration.

FaithfulLoathsomeAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Real life Stark Expo

MAKE IT HAPPEN FEIGE

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

But speaking of Downey, what does the "Iron Man" director think of early Oscar buzz around the star's performance in "Avengers: Endgame"?

"He has my vote for sure," Favreau declared. "I think he was able to discover and explore dimensions of the character over the course of many, many films, which is a bit of its own category. But I have to say that if you look at, especially how it began and how it ended in his performances between the first one and "Endgame," there was a really thoughtful arc to the character, both in his performance and how all the filmmakers contributed to that character."

He continued, adding "I'm glad I got to be a part of it and be there for those meaningful scenes as an actor, but also to be there as a friend, and to watch him explore things deeply through a character [when] you don't normally have that opportunity. And he took full advantage of it."

Oct 29, 2017
We finally rewatched Endgame today and for our shock the showing it was full, we almost did'nt get to watch it. Man, it's such a good movie, you don't feel those 3 hours go by.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

We heard that in one cut, Jean Grey dies, which wasn't received well. But overall, the major ending change-up, executed in reshoots, entailed going from an intimate ending with Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) against Jessica Chastain's Vuk. The feeling from the audience in testing was that they wanted to see all the X-Men heroes fighting in the end. There have been reports out there that the ending was changed-up because it was too similar to Captain Marvel. This isn't true: No one on the Fox/Dark Phoenix production side had any intel of what Captain Marvel would be like before it was released. It was the all-team reshoot that pushed Dark Phoenix from its original Nov. 2 release date (which went to ultimate 4-time Oscar winner and Fox blockbuster finale pre-merger Bohemian Rhapsody) to Feb. 14. We understand Kinberg got to make the film he wanted to make, and was flexible about reshoots with the studio. But we also hear Fox production brass didn't ride herd early enough, and by the time they did, production was too far down the road.

so either Fassbender and McAvoy were referring to a different superhero movie, or they were misinformed, or (my current guess) it was just a lie but it's what PR told them to say in that interview for whatever reason. Don't ask me why (Kinberg himself gave an explanation for the third-act reshoots that more or less fits with Deadline's reporting), but PR can do some weird stuff sometimes.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
What if Marvel is worried about the damage for the Xmen brand in movies and instead make a TV show out of them?

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What if Marvel is worried about the damage for the Xmen brand in movies and instead make a TV show out of them?
I'm quite confident that Feige has some Disney+ ideas involving the X-Men but there's no way we won't see them on the big screen some time in the future. Give the franchise a solid 5 year gap to wash away all this shitstorm, announce a rock solid cast and attach a good director to it and BAM we back in business baby.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Far From Home tickets are very weird. It's already unique in that it opens on a Tuesday, which means that there should be Monday night showings at 7pm and 10pm.

But there are absolutely no Monday night showings up yet for me, despite tickets for Tuesday and after being up.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Far From Home tickets are very weird. It's already unique in that it opens on a Tuesday, which means that there should be Monday night showings at 7pm and 10pm.

But there are absolutely no Monday night showings up yet for me, despite tickets for Tuesday and after being up.

For all the theaters near me, the showtime listed for Monday is 12:05am. Looks like for once, they're actually only doing a midnight show. Forget that noise, I'm seeing it at 7pm opening day. Good enough for me.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
... Everyone who has Marvel contacts, go confirm that now.

... I need to know if that's happening. So I can scream in joy.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

so either Fassbender and McAvoy were referring to a different superhero movie, or they were misinformed, or (my current guess) it was just a lie but it's what PR told them to say in that interview for whatever reason. Don't ask me why (Kinberg himself gave an explanation for the third-act reshoots that more or less fits with Deadline's reporting), but PR can do some weird stuff sometimes.
That is just so bizarre. Has that ever happened before with PR leading up to a movie; actors repeating what has become an apparent lie about reshoots? (Let me add that I'm not too knowledgeable in film shoots, etc.)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
That is just so bizarre. Has that ever happened before with PR leading up to a movie; actors repeating what has become an apparent lie about reshoots? (Let me add that I'm not too knowledgeable in film shoots, etc.)

I'm sure other folks could dig up specific examples, but it's far from unheard of for people on the press tour to lie about problems in production or post-production.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I suppose a Disney+ show for Ms. Marvel would be her origin story, and then she would get a movie? At least that's what I hope.

I don't see her getting her own movie, honestly, in large part because I don't think a practicing Muslim lead character is something Marvel Studios is willing to do; a less expensive Disney+ series followed by using the character in team films strikes me as a more likely approach. Would love to be wrong, though.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
No way. Feige is the guy who was planning extended X-Men franchises when he was producing the original Fox movies. He isn't going to relegate some of Marvel's most popular characters to a TV series, now that he was the opportunity to do them properly

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Not joking. Kamala is an Inhuman. Feige doing Kamala on Disney+ would be a way for him to do Inhumans his way in the MCU.

How does a Marvel Studios produced Disney+ series prevent her from being in a movie of her own?
As it stands, people will associate anything getting a Disney+ series as being relegated to the service only and not in consideration for a feature film. I think until it happens, it's not really an unreasonable assumption unless we see the popularity of these series really take off.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
They have said over and over again that D+ and the movies will actually impact each other and that the characters that appear in D+ can appear in movies too. Considering the D+ shows will actually be produced by the same team as the movies and not a completely different team who still reports to a doink, I believe that. So if Kamala ends up debuting in a D+ show it's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean she's getting shafted.

Though judging by Mindy Kaling's full comments in that video, it seems like it's not really definite yet whether she'll be in a movie or a show first...For all we know Kamala could be introduced in CM 2 or something (if CM2 takes place in the 'present day').

Last edited:

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
As it stands, people will associate anything getting a Disney+ series as being relegated to the service only and not in consideration for a feature film. I think until it happens, it's not really an unreasonable assumption unless we see the popularity of these series really take off.

All we know thus far is that Disney+ is being used to flesh out characters who won't be getting films of their own, it's not an unreasonable suggestion.

People really think the new Captain America is stuck on a streaming service when the guy who RUNS MARVEL STUDIOS says that the series will interact with the movies?

"I can promise you that each of the series will be equal to the movies in quality and storytelling. These shows are immensely important. They will change and evolve our existing characters, while also introducing new ones in ways that deepen the mythology and significantly impact the future of the MCU. A post-Endgame MCU will be extremely different and focused on Disney+ tying into our future movies. This is only something that Marvel Studios can do and it can only be done on Disney+."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
People really think the new Captain America is stuck on a streaming service when the guy who RUNS MARVEL STUDIOS says that the series will interact with the movies?
That's not to say that someone like Falcon won't be featured in an upcoming film, but I highly doubt we'll be getting a solo Captain Falcon film any time soon. If anything, seeing that they are pairing Falcon and Bucky, i'd wager it would be an ensemble film heavily featuring the pair.

The same can be said for Loki or Wanda + Vision.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
That's not to say that someone like Falcon won't be featured in an upcoming film, but I highly doubt we'll be getting a solo Captain Falcon film any time soon. If anything, seeing that they are pairing Falcon and Bucky, i'd wager it would be an ensemble film heavily featuring the pair.

The same can be said for Loki or Wanda + Vision.

"A post-Endgame MCU will be extremely different and focused on Disney+ tying into our future movies."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
"A post-Endgame MCU will be extremely different and focused on Disney+ tying into our future movies."
That doesn't really go against with what I said. I am not saying that being a part of a Disney+ series means you will NOT be in the MCU films. I am saying, until it happens, the perception of starting on Disney+ will come with the expectations of not getting your own solo feature film.

Could we see Ms. Marvel get her own mini-series that ties into her eventual solo film? Sure, and I would love that but until something like that happens, I don't think it's unreasonable to remain apprehensive.

Edit: I could certainly see them using Disney+ to test pilot characters for future solo films but then it would really be up to how well received the series is. As I see it, every Disney+ series will be put into two categories:
A. Additional Story for Film Characters who otherwise wouldn't get the screen time to properly develop in their tentpole films (Falcon, Wanda, Loki, Hawkeye, etc)
B. Story for minor characters who might be interesting and could potentially become a larger part of future films (ie. Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, Ravagers, Nova Corp, non-flagship X-Men, etc)

Certainly, some characters are going to remain more focused on in either the films or Disney+ as there is only so many movies that can be made and screentime is valuable. That becomes less of an issue with Disney+.

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no doubt that if Ms. Marvel gets a Disney+ series she would be incorporated into the films, but exclusively as part of an ensemble or teaming up with someone else in their solo film. Introduce her in Disney+ and I think you can kiss the actual prospect of a Ms. Marvel solo film goodbye outside of a much later down the road thing like Black Widow and considering how much Ms. Marvel hinges on her age like MCU Peter does that wouldn't be a very ideal.

I'm not interested in a Ms. Marvel miniseries that pushes her into Young Avengers films as part of an ensemble cast, I want to see a Ms. Marvel solo outing on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.