• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
BossLogic posted this:

Pretty interesting if true, especially since we know Ryan Coogler wanted Kraven in Black Panther.

EDIT: They can have Kraven using vibranium weapons and even the heart shaped herb to have him be able to take down Spidey.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Jatinder is reporting the Monday box office numbers and while Spider-Man: Far From Home is amazing and puts right on track for breaking $400m domestic with $5.56m, Avengers: Endgame numbers are down right absurd, let me explain why:

Endgame's Monday is estimated at $310k. That's insane because that's a -18% drop from last Monday's $381k numbers. What a fucking insane box office run this film is having, what a fucking ride.

tucci.png

BossLogic posted this:

Pretty interesting if true, especially since we know Ryan Coogler wanted Kraven in Black Panther.

HOLY SHIT
tucci.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I will never understand the ManaByte worship around here. dude sometimes has legit sources and gets stuff right, and I've never disputed that, but he also demonstrably gets a shit-ton of stuff wrong on a regular basis and never, ever owns up to it. like all insider types, he should be taken with a massive grain of salt

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I will never understand the ManaByte worship around here. dude sometimes has legit sources and gets stuff right, and I've never disputed that, but he also demonstrably gets a shit-ton of stuff wrong on a regular basis and never, ever owns up to it. like all insider types, he should be taken with a massive grain of salt

As someone that actually engaged with scoopers and trade reporters irrc three years ago, I can guarantee you that you are being unreasonably harsh on Mana. He does get to break some real scoops and has raised his game considerably for a good while now.

As someone that is very weary on "scoopers", Mana has proven to have an work ethic that I never saw from other scoopers before, El Mayimbe comes to mind. While he doesn't really spoil stuff, at the top of my head I'm pretty sure that he was the one that broke The Eternals film, Hawkeye's Disney+ series and I'm pretty sure I'm missing other stuff.

If you go at my conversations with Mana when it just started, I was one that even doubted his sources. But you can't argue with facts, he does a fucking excellent job with this and it's far more concerned in not spoiling uneeded shit like other scoopers had in the past. If he keeps going like he is doing, he will only get even bigger. Can't really argue with facts, man. The scooping game is hard, but Mana does play his cards right.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
As someone that actually engaged with scoopers and trade reporters irrc three years ago, I can guarantee you that you are being unreasonably harsh on Mana. He does get to break some real scoops and has raised his game considerably for a good while now.

As someone that is very weary on "scoopers", Mana has proven to have an work ethic that I never saw from other scoopers before, El Mayimbe comes to mind. While he doesn't really spoil stuff, at the top of my head I'm pretty sure that he was the one that broke The Eternals film, Hawkeye's Disney+ series and I'm pretty sure I'm missing other stuff.

If you go at my conversations with Mana when it just started, I was one that even doubted his sources. But you can't argue with facts, he does a fucking excellent job with this and it's far more concerned in not spoiling uneeded shit like other scoopers had in the past. If he keeps going like he is doing, he will only get even bigger. Can't really argue with facts, man. The scooping game is hard, but Mana does play his cards right.

Just looking at Far from Home alone, here's ManaByte, pointing to a plot point on Agents of SHIELD of all things as proof that Mysterio was actually from another universe

Here's ManaByte saying that FFH would singlehandedly explain why Marvel Studios wasn't announcing anything for 2020 and beyond until SDCC. (yes, the post-credits scene could hint at some major plot point going forward, but there's absolutely nothing in the film that could conceivably have spoiled their 2020-22 slate if they had wanted to announce it earlier)

There's tons and tons of other stuff like this I could point to, and that's without getting into outright false stuff like Avengers Annihilation, or his occasional amplifying of obviously false clickbait rumors. These are just a few that stand out about the most recent movie.

Now, do other insider types get stuff wrong? Sure, and that's why I said to take them with a grain of salt, but they at least don't state their own speculation as fact nearly as often, and they're generally actually capable of admitting they're wrong.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
How are box office totals tabulated? The studios publicize data? The theaters?

BossLogic posted this:

EDIT: They can have Kraven using vibranium weapons and even the heart shaped herb to have him be able to take down Spidey.

On the surface, this doesn't interest me much. Seems like too much of a retread of Kilmongers story in BP1.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it'd be too soon to do another Mysterio like reveal, but I'd love if they gave Kraven this tragic back story about being from Wakanda only to find that he's actually just an upper-class douche who just really likes to hunt things.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Ah, lovely. Hopefully they go even more all out than in Ragnarok. Ragnarok is top 3 MCU for me, so... can't wait.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That project, which was penciled for a May 21, 2021 release and had Waititi testing actors in a worldwide search for talent, is being put on pause indefinitely as the two projects' production dates began to bump up against one another. Script development concerns caused Akira to push back its shooting start and while some of those have been addressed, say sources, the dates were now too close for comfort.

Akira was originally supposed to start production on August 19. This makes it sound like Thor 4 could start production around then. That's quick. But as Tessa Thompson told us back in April to LA Times they already have a pitch.

So this could be what Variety talked about. Marvel filming in at the Fox Studios Australia. And probably this August/September/October. Eternals starts production next month. Shang-Chi starts this January. And Doctor Strange 2 in Spring 2020. I wonder if Marvel Studios could surprise us at SDCC and announce 3 films for 2020. Or if it'll just end up with Black Widow and Eternals or Thor 4 for 2020, and then Eternals or Thor 4 for 2021.

[edit] Apparently Akira's production was delayed last month together with its release date delay. So production could start in 2020 for a 2021 release.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So we have for Phase 4...
  • Confirmed by Marvel Studios/Trades/etc.
    • Black Widow
    • Eternals
    • Doctor Strange 2
    • Black Panther 2
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    • Shang-Chi
    • Thor 4
    • Spider-Man 3 (MCU)
  • Rumored
    • Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts
    • Young Avengers
    • Ironheart
Did I miss anything?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
    • Black Widow
    • Eternals
    • Doctor Strange 2
    • Black Panther 2
    • Shang-Chi
    • Thor 4
    • Spider-Man 3 (MCU)
  • Rumored
    • Young Avengers
    • Ironheart
Did I miss anything?

no real reporting or even specific rumors on Captain Marvel 2, but it's obviously happening given that the first movie broke a billion

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
no real reporting or even specific rumors on Captain Marvel 2, but it's obviously happening given that the first movie broke a billion
I don't doubt you there. But even though Captain Marvel 2 is a foregone conclusion at this point, it hasn't been mentioned by Marvel Studios, any of the respected trades, or in any rumors yet.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
    • Black Widow
    • Eternals
    • Doctor Strange 2
    • Black Panther 2
    • Shang-Chi
    • Thor 4
    • Spider-Man 3 (MCU)
  • Rumored
    • Young Avengers
    • Ironheart
Did I miss anything?

No way they're announcing that much at SDCC are there? I don't see them uncovering their whole slate but just a couple of upcoming films this time.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's also nice to know that Taika Waititi will be writing the script from the bottom this time around.

No way they're announcing that much at SDCC are there? I don't see them uncovering their whole slate but just a couple of upcoming films this time.
They'll probably announce 8-9 projects. Like 3 years worth of content.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Infinity War and Endgame really backtracked on a lot of what Ragnarok did, so I'm curious how Waititi will tackle that. Curious whether he's in GOTG3 or not.

I don't particularly care about that, either way. Waititi's greatest talent is comedy, and he can take whatever situation he's landed with and turn it into happy audiences and money in the bank. If Loki isn't going to be around in Thor's life, though, the audiences may miss him. Perhaps he'll come back in some form, perhaps they'll think of something else.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Guardians could dump him in the first five minutes, because he's bored, or find a new mission (leading to Thor 4), or Starlord abandons him behind...
This is what I'm thinking too. My guess is that either the Guardians will be in the opening scene of Thor 4, or Thor will be in the opening scene of Guardians 3 (depending on which movie comes first), and that'll be the extent of what they do with the Asgardians of the Galaxy stuff.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Its been a wild ride and I love the universe that has been built up. I frankly don't even care what Marvel announces for Phase 4 this weekend, I'll trust them with whatever they announce, just as I have these last few years. I've had my worries during my time watching all of these movies, but I don't even have worries anymore.

I just fucking love Marvel guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.