• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
IMO if youre going to put Fantastic Four on there, then you should have Xmen as well. Or have neither. They were both teased in the same way with real announcement made. We have no idea what phase they fall into. (Other than not being in 4, obviously.)
It'll supposedly be about 6 years total from the last Fantastic Four film until MCU's FF and since the last X-Men film is still in theaters, they could be in the mind set of letting people forget about that movie for a few years before announcing the MCU X-Men movie. I'm fine to wait 6-7 years for an MCU X-Men film. There's plenty to enjoy before it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I regret to inform y'all that I'm going to die the second we get a hero shot of Thor and Jane fully powered.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I wish we can wrap up the Antman trilogy at least. Also Deadpool is kinda in limbo for now which sucks.

F4 for 2023 seems very likely, same with Blade.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I regret to inform y'all that I'm going to die the second we get a hero shot of Thor and Jane fully powered.

I wonder if we'll get 2 Jane's on screen. This comes out after Dr. Strange. I'm going to believe that Might Thor (Jane) comes from the Dr. Strange movie from a universe where Thor died and she took responsibility to protect Earth during the original Thor movie.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
WandaVision has been mentioned to have a 50's aesthetic. What if Wanda is actually warping reality around her to live her idea of an idilic life with Vision?

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
HQ image of the slate:

hwtdje6.jpg

I feel so spoiled as a Marvel fan <3 2021 looks crazy full wow
Eternals with Ma Dong Suk (Don Lee) as Gilgamesh has me really excited!

I wonder if Loki will tie in or connect at all to Thor 4 since it comes out just before hmm

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel so spoiled as a Marvel fan <3 2021 looks crazy full wow
Eternals with Ma Dong Suk (Don Lee) as Gilgamesh has me really excited!

I wonder if Loki will tie in or connect at all to Thor 4 since it comes out just before hmm

Sony might want Spidey 3 for summer of 2021 as well. That would mean 4 movies and 3 live-action Disney+ series in a single year.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
F0OBEgP.png

Turns out Blade is phase 5 so boop

also, any feed back on the design of the thing is appreciated, trying to figure out how else to organise this banner. Might have to redo it from scratch...

My suggestion is to section off the first three phases under the header "Infinity Saga". Allowing you to make a final poster for the Infinity Saga.
Let phase 4 start a whole new poster, for a whole new series in the MCU.

Marvel Cinematic Universe
I N F I N I T Y S A G A
phase 1 | phase 2 | phase 3

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was curious and listen to some of the comicgate responses. And I can't understand how people listen to it, ignoring the content, the presentation is just fucking annoying. Listen to one woman and every other word she said was "woke" and forced laughed

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was curious and listen to some of the comicgate responses. And I can't understand how people listen to it, ignoring the content, the presentation is just fucking annoying. Listen to one woman and every other word she said was "woke" and forced laughed
In the immortal words of 9VOLT, they only have one joke.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Simu Liu. Just seeing that charm and down-to-earth aura from him on stage, to seeing him fight against the desexualization of Asian men and calling out the audience for even laughing at the "Asian man." This guy is my man, and I'm gonna cry in the theater when I've finally seen my first big Asian-cast Hollywood superhero production. I cried multiple times by just witnessing the symbolism out of that famous Mahjong scene in Crazy Rich Asians. I hope Marvel can break some stereotypes, and although the martial artist is pretty stereotype, at least we're not the sidekick, dorky nerd or doctor. They better not make Awkafina a love interest.

He even knows how to handle them nunchucks.

Simu Liu alongside Florence Pugh and Mahershala Ali are definitely my favorite actors in the MCU currently.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
IMO if youre going to put Fantastic Four on there, then you should have Xmen as well. Or have neither. They were both teased in the same way with real announcement made. We have no idea what phase they fall into. (Other than not being in 4, obviously.)

It's hard to imagine X-Men not getting a cooldown given that they just crapped up the silver screen with Dark Phoenix. FF was four years ago, gives people time to forget.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see Marvel actually following through on the promises they've been making for years re: diversity. Feels like now that they've wrapped up the first batch, they are leaning in heavily on that front.
When I wrote that, I actually thought it was just the character that would be deaf. But of what I can understand of reading a little about her background, she's even deaf herself, and is married to a deaf husband, and has two deaf children. I'm just so incredibly happy that Marvel Studios are giving this woman this opportunity to be part of something big, to give her a platform to raise awareness even further.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
When I wrote that, I actually thought it was just the character that would be deaf. But of what I can understand of reading a little about her background, she's even deaf herself, and is married to a deaf husband, and has two deaf children. I'm just so incredibly happy that Marvel Studios are giving this woman this opportunity to be part of something big, to give her a platform to raise awareness even further.

If you want to see her act with her deafness as a focus, you should watch New Amsterdam S01E19. It's a great episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Did all of the rumored Disney+ shows get officially announced or was there still one more?

I think Hawkeye was the one that wasn't announced at that Disney+ reveal a few months back, but I'm trying to remember if there was another rumored one.

there were rumors of Sif and War Machine series, but those were from extremely dubious sources. Hawkeye is the only one that had been credibly reported on but hadn't been officially announced prior to Saturday.

No doubt there are more live-action Disney+ series in development for 2022 and beyond, but info on those is likely a ways off.

It's great to see Marvel actually following through on the promises they've been making for years re: diversity. Feels like now that they've wrapped up the first batch, they are leaning in heavily on that front.

I'm extremely skeptical that they'll actually deliver much on the LGBT front, but I guess we'll see.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm most excited for the earth-based/street level IPs in Phase 4 right now.
Hawkeye, Shang-Chi, and Falcon/Winter Soldier.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they plan to do 4 Disney+ shows every year after 2021.

Seems like a lot but I figure they want to flex their IP muscles as much as possible while getting the service off the ground, i'm sure. There's going to be no shortage of Star Wars stuff on there in year 1 and 2 either, and Marvel has the far richer back catalogue to pluck from when it comes to potential show ideas.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely skeptical that they'll actually deliver much on the LGBT front, but I guess we'll see.

I have been hesitant-but-optimistic this whole time about all of the stuff Feige's said about representation, with a "well, ok, you're saying the right things and I want to believe you but..."

Given these announcements, in casting & direction, I'm more optimistic than I was a week ago. Hopefully they really follow through. Given the scale they operate at, it'll mean a lot.

I don't want to hear another "we shot this scene that confirms it, but we had to cut it for pacing!" kind of thing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just imagine, what if the New Avengers end up being...
  • Captain America (Sam Wilson)
  • Thor (Jane Foster)
  • Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Scarlet Witch

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
am I the only one tripping out trying to understand where Thor goes post-Endgame? We have:

- A completed Guardians of the Galaxy 3 script as per June 2018. I can only assume this was written with the ending to Endgame/Thor's future in mind, and thus Thor plays at least a minor role in the story, if not a major role.

- A Thor 4 confirmed for November 2021 where Jane becomes Thor. I can't imagine Gunn had any knowledge of this story as he was writing Guardians 3.

- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 itself coming 2022 at the very earliest. Somehow, that script will have to play nice with the Thor 4 story, OR it takes place before Thor 4. Which could be a bit confusing. Then again we're about to get a Black Widow that takes place right after Civil War so who knows? If Guardians 3 takes place after Thor 4, Thor's powers would have to transfer back to Thor, which means only 1 movie with Jane Thor. Alternatively, we get a powerless Thor in Guardians 3. Alternatively alternatively, Love and Thunder ends with somehow both Jane and Thor having Thor powers. whew.

Right now I'm thinking Guardians 3 releases after Love and Thunder, but takes place chronologically before, just after the events of Endgame. It'll be a cosmic focused story that doesn't really have much of an effect on the Love and Thunder story. I could see a fit Thor just showing up at the start of Love and Thunder with a line about "those guys", a little wink to the audience that basically tells us "Asgardians of the Galaxy coming soon!" and then completely ignoring it for the rest of the film.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
  • Thor (Jane Foster)
  • Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Scarlet Witch
I could see Shuri, White Wolf Bucky, and Shang-Chi added to the roster. Maybe Kate and Yelena (if she becomes new BW) too. Maybe not Scott and Wanda though.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
am I the only one tripping out trying to understand where Thor goes post-Endgame? We have:

- A completed Guardians of the Galaxy 3 script as per June 2018. I can only assume this was written with the ending to Endgame/Thor's future in mind, and thus Thor plays at least a minor role in the story, if not a major role.

- A Thor 4 confirmed for November 2021 where Jane becomes Thor. I can't imagine Gunn had any knowledge of this story as he was writing Guardians 3.

- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 itself coming 2022 at the very earliest. Somehow, that script will have to play nice with the Thor 4 story, OR it takes place before Thor 4. Which could be a bit confusing. Then again we're about to get a Black Widow that takes place right after Civil War so who knows? If Guardians 3 takes place after Thor 4, Thor's powers would have to transfer back to Thor, which means only 1 movie with Jane Thor. Alternatively, we get a powerless Thor in Guardians 3. Alternatively alternatively, Love and Thunder ends with somehow both Jane and Thor having Thor powers. whew.

Right now I'm thinking Guardians 3 releases after Love and Thunder, but takes place chronologically before, just after the events of Endgame. It'll be a cosmic focused story that doesn't really have much of an effect on the Love and Thunder story. I could see a fit Thor just showing up at the start of Love and Thunder with a line about "those guys", a little wink to the audience that basically tells us "Asgardians of the Galaxy coming soon!" and then completely ignoring it for the rest of the film.

Gunn actually confirmed yesterday that GOTG3 is after Thor 4.

p1WKs6w.jpg

I've always assumed that Thor is going to have a cameo at best in GOTG3, but now I'm thinking it might be the other way around - the story starts on Earth with Valkyrie and Jane, Thor shows up later in the film courtesy of a Guardians cameo and heads back to Earth. He might join up with them again at the end of Thor 4, but I don't think there's really enough room for him in GOTG3 if the rumored plot stuff all turns out true.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Eh. I'll see Shang Chi and Doctor Strange, but that's kind of it. Thor I'm very skeptical about, and What If is a wait and see.

The logos are nice though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

p1WKs6w.jpg

I've always assumed that Thor is going to have a cameo at best in GOTG3, but now I'm thinking it might be the other way around - the story starts on Earth with Valkyrie and Jane, Thor shows up later in the film courtesy of a Guardians cameo and heads back to Earth. He might join up with them again at the end of Thor 4, but I don't think there's really enough room for him in GOTG3 if the rumored plot stuff all turns out true.

oh god whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

these fucking legends had it all planned out before Infinity War even released!!!

So now I'm totally expecting the opening act of Love and Thunder to feature the Guardians. Taika Guardians y'all. what the FUCK.

I kinda like it, though. Guardians 3 had enough cosmic stuff to cover without having to fit Thor into the narrative. The post credits scenes from GOTG2 are still mindblowing and I'm hoping he touches on that stuff in Guardians 3.

Also I'm really curious how they'll reintroduce Jane into the MCU after she was so non-chalantly dumped after Thor 2. So many questions.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
  • Thor (Jane Foster)
  • Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Scarlet Witch

I like your team, but I won't accept an Avengers team without Yelena Belova and Shang-Chi moving forward. I would move Ms. Marvel to the Young Avengers.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

p1WKs6w.jpg

This is what I figured would happen after all announcements landed on Saturday night. Its not what we initially expected by it makes sense now that we know the release order. And it allows Gunn to tell his story without worrying about Thor.

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
oh god whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

these fucking legends had it all planned out before Infinity War even released!!!

So now I'm totally expecting the opening act of Love and Thunder to feature the Guardians. Taika Guardians y'all. what the FUCK.

I kinda like it, though. Guardians 3 had enough cosmic stuff to cover without having to fit Thor into the narrative. The post credits scenes from GOTG2 are still mindblowing and I'm hoping he touches on that stuff in Guardians 3.

Also I'm really curious how they'll reintroduce Jane into the MCU after she was so non-chalantly dumped after Thor 2. So many questions.

Jane dumped Thor. He was very upset about it.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
With the script apparently already written for Thor 4 (according to Taika on stage since he said only he knows plot details since the actors haven't read the script), they must have had Portman on board a while back which is probably why she looked so excited at the Endgame premiere a couple of months ago. And Taika must have been on board with the project during the production of Ragnarok.. maybe he even could have been the one to push for it being made judging by his comments at the panel. Everything makes sense now why they reintroduced Jane in Endgame with the previously unused footage of her and Thor talking about her during the time heist planning.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Black Widow prequel is out of place in phase 4. If her character arc is ending here, it doesn't feel like the film will do much for the overall picture. Don't get me wrong I am still very excited for the film, I just feel like it is late to the party and should have been made before Endgame.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Black Widow prequel is out of place in phase 4. If her character arc is ending here, it doesn't feel like the film will do much for the overall picture. Don't get me wrong I am still very excited for the film, I just feel like it is late to the party and should have been made before Endgame.
Introduce new villains, a new Black Widow, maybe set up stuff for the Hawkeye show

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Guardian 3's delay is so annoying because now it makes no sense for Endgame to end with fat Thor joining the Guardians AS a Guardian, then for him to have a solo film with Jane, then go back to the Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.