• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Policy
  1. Use spoiler tags for text or pictures containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies or TV shows.
  2. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies and TV shows.
  3. Use spoiler tags when discussing or posting images from newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  4. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information for newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  5. Do not use spoiler tags for casting announcements, unsubstantiated rumors and speculation, nonspecific impressions of released movies and TV shows, or your meaningless headcanon.

Last edited:
Recent news from previous thread; Kate Bishop show in development for Disney+
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: Thanos is gonna get jumped by 100 billion people simultaneously when the Avengers undo the snap and everybody he dusted reappears surrounding him.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Can anyone recommend a decent video or set of videos that recaps the events of the MCU so far? Preferably without being too snarky or stereotypically YouTube-y? I'd like to refresh my and my girlfriend's memories leading into End Game and I don't think a full-on marathon is in the cards right now. Hopefully this is in right place to ask.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend a decent video or set of videos that recaps the events of the MCU so far? Preferably without being too snarky or stereotypically YouTube-y? I'd like to refresh my and my girlfriend's memories leading into End Game and I don't think a full-on marathon is in the cards right now. Hopefully this is in right place to ask.
Road to Civil War
Road to Infinity War

Both by MCU Exchange on YouTube.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: Thanos is gonna get jumped by 100 billion people simultaneously when the Avengers undo the snap and everybody he dusted reappears surrounding him.
If this doesn't happen, I'm boycotting the MCU. The hardest choices requires the strongest wills.

There's stuff like this if you've already seen the movies and just need a refresher:

Although I would recommend the 'Road to Infinity War' one, since the 'Road to the Endgame' has lots of IW stuff in it.

Last edited:

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I have been rewatching all the movies in order over the past two days or so. I'm up to Ant-Man.

Watched Ultron last night and I like it a LOT more than I remember.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Dang. I was on the fence about Disney+ but I'm adding the Hawkeye show to Falcon/Winter Soldier and the Mandalorian as shows I'm interested in. Getting harder to resist.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, what does Feige know about what phase the movies belong to. It's not like he's running the whole show, or anything.

Road to Civil War
Road to Infinity War

Both by MCU Exchange on YouTube.

I'd add in Road to the End, as well. That contains scenes from the trailers released for Endgame.

ETA:

I just want to add this for anyone complaining bout the length of Endgame:

The longest movies require the strongest bladders.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Hawkeye series sounds cool.

It's also a fucking spoiler. Come on, guys. Jesus.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
so is Feige really going to pretend like the BW film isn't a thing that exists until SDCC when the actors have been running around London in costume for a month
Yes.

They can always talk somewhat about it. Marvel execs are talking about Eternals, Feige himself too, but you won't get formal announcements until their slate-reveal.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
[QUOTE="bliggup, post: 19719675, member: 49549"

Watched Ultron last night and I like it a LOT more than I remember.[/QUOTE]

It's a great film. When I read people running it down in forums it's almost as if they were watching a completely different one.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Watched Ultron last night and I like it a LOT more than I remember.

It's a great film. When I read people running it down in forums it's almost as if they were watching a completely different one.

I think it's aged fairly well. As with all the Avengers movies thus far, expectations were high and the movie did feel like it was bursting at the seams with content (mostly good but some bad). I saw it twice in theaters at the time and didn't understand the negativity.

I also think it has benefited from some perspective on the part of the viewing audience. At the time, we were squarely in the middle of the MCU and didn't exactly know where it was headed in terms of story (other than movie titles from that massive Phase 2 and 3 reveal). Now that we know where the story and characters ended up, it's fun to look back on the movie and see the growth and connections to other movies that weren't apparent at the time.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
2658786-thanos_gets_pwned_2.png

(Don't read this comic though its trash)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
random thought: when Thanos snapped his fingers, hopefully he made an exception for the planets he already decimated. kinda unfair to Gamora's homeworld if they only have a quarter of their population left now

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
random thought: when Thanos snapped his fingers, hopefully he made an exception for the planets he already decimated. kinda unfair to Gamora's homeworld if they only have a quarter of their population left now

He didn't. I believe the Russo's said half of the asgardians got snapped, after already having half killed on the ship.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So is there a cheap way for me to buy any of the phase 1/2 MCU films digitally? Or am I better off finding them for the cheap physically?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
So is there a cheap way for me to buy any of the phase 1/2 MCU films digitally? Or am I better off finding them for the cheap physically?

The HD versions go on sale occasionally for $15 but I've rarely seen anything lower, save for the Incredible Hulk which goes a bit lower to around $12 (not sure why).

Hard to tell when the sales will be, though. I ended up buying most of mine last Spring during the build-up to Infinity War when they were on sale. If you don't want to wait, you could try hunting the blu rays down.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The HD versions go on sale occasionally for $15 but I've rarely seen anything lower, save for the Incredible Hulk which goes a bit lower to around $12 (not sure why).

Hard to tell when the sales will be, though. I ended up buying most of mine last Spring during the build-up to Infinity War when they were on sale. If you don't want to wait, you could try hunting the blu rays down.
That's a bummer then lol I wanted to start up my rewatch of the MCU films only to realize that none of the phase 1/2 films are free to stream on any streaming services. I'm good on buying all of them at $15 a pop.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Hulk goes lower because it's a Universal movie and not Disney.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
That's a bummer then lol I wanted to start up my rewatch of the MCU films only to realize that none of the phase 1/2 films are free to stream on any streaming services. I'm good on buying all of them at $15 a pop.

Iron Man 2 is currently on Hulu and Amazon Prime. Iron Man 3 is on the FX App (if you have a cable/live TV subscription). Avengers 1 and 2 and Ant-Man are on SyFy (again - cable/live tv sub needed).

That's just from doing a quick search on JustWatch. I didn't see the Captain America movies (1 or 2), Thor movies (1 or 2), Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk, or Guardians 1 available anywhere. Still, with the above, you could save yourself a bit of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.