• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
People (and even movie studios) are super pissed over Grace spoiling that.

She basically spoiled the ending there. AFAIK he's just seen in shadow.

I don't know much about Marvel, but I've heard talk about Osborne buying the Stark Tower a couple of times on this forum and just assumed it was something that happens in the comics. Is it really such a spoiler? After all, it's just a real estate transaction.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
We getting Magic in this shit now?

S2 seemed to be hinting in a few places at retconning out the dumbass "the Staff of One is just advanced science" exposition from S1, but didn't make it explicit.

anyway, Morgan le Fay is a weird choice given that she has no history at all with the Runaways in the comics, and while not an A-list villain, I would have thought Marvel Studios would have dibs on her. interesting, though

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Morgan le Fay is being introduced because of Ghost Rider, Helstrom, and many other supernatural characters headed to Hulu. It's gong to be full 70s Marvel horror.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hulu being the place for Marvel Netflix 2.0 is kind of weird, but I mean, it makes sense if Disney is positioning it as their own more mature streaming service. Runaways would absolutely be the odd one out though - it and Cloak and Dagger should really be growing into a "MCU YA" corner all it's own.

Not sure how much they could adapt there though assuming Young Avengers and X-Men stuff is tied up with Feige's division. Marvel doesn't have much else that would be suited to the "soft R" type of stuff that Cloak and Dagger gets into.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Hulu being the place for Marvel Netflix 2.0 is kind of weird, but I mean, it makes sense if Disney is positioning it as their own more mature streaming service. Runaways would absolutely be the odd one out though - it and Cloak and Dagger should really be growing into a "MCU YA" corner all it's own.

Not sure how much they could adapt there though assuming Young Avengers and X-Men stuff is tied up with Feige's division. Marvel doesn't have much else that would be suited to the "soft R" type of stuff that Cloak and Dagger gets into.

Ghost Rider
Helstrom
Glyph
Spirits of Vengeance

Those four were trademarked at the same time for audio/video recordings (TV shows). So those are at least four and the first two were officially confirmed for Hulu. Spirits of Vengeance in the comics is Ghost Rider, Helstrom, Satana, and Blade.

Today's Morgan le Fay casting, after the Ghost Rider and Helstrom news, is just part of it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Rider
Helstrom
Glyph
Spirits of Vengeance

Those four were trademarked at the same time for audio/video recordings (TV shows). So those are at least four and the first two were officially confirmed for Hulu. Spirits of Vengeance in the comics is Ghost Rider, Helstrom, Satana, and Blade.

Today's Morgan le Fay casting, after the Ghost Rider and Helstrom news, is just part of it.

Yeah, that's what I mean by Netflix 2.0 - dark and mature series that are technically in the MCU but not under Feige so they're kind of a side thing.

But Runaways being plugged into that group, rather than kept its own separate thing, is weird, because there's no real connection there. Outside of Nico occasionally popping up in magic crossovers there's no direct, or even thematic, link being made. Unlike Marvel Netflix which was four "no duh" properties to group.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah, that's what I mean by Netflix 2.0 - dark and mature series that are technically in the MCU but not under Feige so they're kind of a side thing.

But Runaways being plugged into that group, rather than kept its own separate thing, is weird, because there's no real connection there. Outside of Nico occasionally popping up in magic crossovers there's no direct, or even thematic, link being made. Unlike Marvel Netflix which was four "no duh" properties to group.

They probably wanted to introduce Morgan le Fay right away before the Ghost Rider shows started and that was the most logical place since it was their main show on Hulu.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Really hope Peyton doesn't get it. Both Ant-Man movies are already quite average. Don't need more of that. Please give it to someone fresh.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
not buying the 1960s part until/unless the Hollywood trades start reporting it (it doesn't make much sense for MCU continuity), skeptical about the Black Knight part (why in an FF film of all things?), who the hell knows about the rest

Hall H will be interesting, though

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This goes along with them saying quite often that they don't have any plans for the X-MEN in the five year upcoming period.

Nobody said anything about the Fantastic Four though!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad she got her coins, but I just realized they really acted like Danai was all up and through EG lol. She had a bigger role in IW.

This goes along with them saying quite often that they don't have any plans for the X-MEN in the five year upcoming period.

Nobody said anything about the Fantastic Four though!

They fooled absolutely nobody with that proclamation. We all figured F4 was coming soon.

I hope it's not a period film, personally.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Sounds good to me.

Happy they're "fast tracking" it. If they reveal a logo at SDCC that Hall H is gonna lose its fucking shit

2022 isn't exactly fast tracking.

They have Black Widow (filming now), The Eternals (filming in August), Shang-Chi (filming at the end of the year), Doctor Strange 2 (filming in January), Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 all lined up before it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't know much about the Fantastic Four, but are they immortal? Why set the movie in the 60's if they would just have to recast for present day?

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much problem with Reed directing the Fantastic Four (though I would certainly like someone else), but they gotta make sure they have someone great at the writer's desk. I feel like the more interesting aspects of Ant-Man and the Wasp took a backseat to a more mediocre story, and the last thing I want is for FF to be shying away from the crazy and out-there aspects of the franchise.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Damn if this is true, Seems like Feige has no plans to dive further into the mystic side of Marvel, aside from Dr.Strange...
The TV division/Loeb is scooping them all up....
Loeb right now
giphy.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
2022 isn't exactly fast tracking.

They have Black Widow (filming now), The Eternals (filming in August), Shang-Chi (filming at the end of the year), Doctor Strange 2 (filming in January), Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 all lined up before it.

I recall a lot of talk about how the Fox properties weren't part of the 5 year plan for phase 4. I like the sound of F4 and Deadpool via Spidey 3 to get some of those characters into phase 4, then go all out with X-Men in phase 5.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I recall a lot of talk about how the Fox properties weren't part of the 5 year plan for phase 4. I like the sound of F4 and Deadpool via Spidey 3 to get some of those characters into phase 4, then go all out with X-Men in phase 5.
Weird to think we might see Deadpool in the MCU before the X-Men even shows up, but it makes sense business wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.