• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
From what I can make out, that costume reminds me more of Darkhawk or Night Thrasher than Taskmaster. But obviously, neither of those characters would make much sense, so Taskmaster is as good a guess as any.

You know what I really would have liked? A second series of Defenders that takes place in imminently post-snap NY. I know it never would have happened, just think it would have been a really interesting setup for those characters.

None of them would have survived the snap, at least not with their sanity intact, because I don't think anyone in the Netflix Marvel Universe is capable of comprehending the existence of powers that aren't variations on "punching things really hard."

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Props to Sony for telling people that they are confiscating phones at the FFH screenings before hand unlike the last they did this where they just took your phone when you checked in.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Taskmaster in Black Widow sounds great. I hope he sticks for more than just this movie and ends up being a part of Thunderbolts or Spidey.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
New Black Widow set photos might reveal the villain and OH BOY:
black-widow---photo-de-tournage-30-desktop-211477.jpg

black-widow---photo-de-tournage-31-desktop-211478.jpg

black-widow---photo-de-tournage-29-desktop-211475.jpg
Wait is this maybe David Harbour?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My God

I forgot that in Homecoming it's not just eight years later in the opening, Vulture references eight years too later on

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So Marvel Studios wants Angelina Jolie, Keanu Reeves and Salma Hayek for the Eternals? That would be a seriously impressive cast.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This suits featurette for Spider-Man: Far From Home was shown at the Red Carpet Premiere yesterday:

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Florence Pugh has also talked about Black Widow for the first time, with Vanity Fair.

"Black Widow is so needed," she said. "Every one of Black Widow's fans have been so desperate for it. This story needs to be made. Her story needs to be glorified, and I think everybody's just ready for it. Whether or not I'm attached, I'm excited to watch it. It's about women, and it's got an amazing female director, and there's this whole story line that hasn't been done before. And I think people are pumped for it, so I will say that. It's very exciting for the Marvel Universe. And if I am part of it, if I'm not part of it—God,what a lucky girl."

There's new set photos and videos from Black Widow out there as well:

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Doctor Strange 2 casting and filming info:

'Doctor Strange 2' is currently in development with Scott Derrickson set to return to direct and C. Robert Cargill set to write the screenplay. We have previously exclusively reported that 'Doctor Strange 2' is eyed to begin filming in January 2020 and it seems they have begun to make the first casting steps for the film.

We have learned that they are looking to cast a mid-20s Chinese American male codenamed "WILL" who must be able to do a standard American accent. The film will also wrap in May 2020, this seems to indicate that 'Doctor Strange 2' will be one of the three films in 2021 with 'Shang Chi' also likely to release in February 2021.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking to Comicbook.com, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and creative executive Eric Carroll discussed how this cameo almost came to pass, but ended up not making it so the focus on this newest film would be on Spider-Man having to "step up and do it himself."

"We briefly talked about bringing in Falcon as Captain America at the end, like maybe once Peter's arced, and he's sort of like leading the team, like maybe he calls in a favor," Carroll explained. "But we also thought it was really important to the arc of this movie that there not be other Avengers available to Nick Fury or Peter, so he'd have to step up and do it himself."

"Ultimately, Spider-Man: Far From Home is Spider-Man's journey, whether any other heroes appear in it or not. It's all about Peter stepping up," Feige added, "And Peter getting out of the shadow, not just of Tony but of the Avengers in general. Because by the way, he's Spider-Man. He doesn't need to be in the shadow of the Avengers. So other than Maria, and Nick, and Happy, and the emotional presence of Tony... You hear, he asks about Thor. He asks about Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel."

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

At the 5:00 mark Holland makes a joke about Anthony Mackie not shutting up, and Frosty can't take the joke. The look of pain on his face is hilarious.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Goose ate those Kree soldiers. Fury said "are those bad guys still in there?" To Goose playfully. I though he just whipped them all around. 😳

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I just realized Goose ate those Kree soldiers. Fury said "are those bad guys still in there?" To Goose playfully. I though he just whipped them all around. 😳
Kree soldiers are organic material and the Tesseract isn't and has an infinity stone: that doesn't seem comparatively digestive. ;)

I also wonder, since Captain Marvel was in the 90s, and the current timeline is at least 30 years in the future, hows that gonna work for Rambeau or her daughter? Another 90s set movie?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Kree soldiers are organic material and the Tesseract isn't and has an infinity stone: that doesn't seem comparatively digestive. ;)

I also wonder, since Captain Marvel was in the 90s, and the current timeline is at least 30 years in the future, hows that gonna work for Rambeau or her daughter? Another 90s set movie?

Pretty sure it will be modern day and we see Monica all grown up as Photon. Not sure where her powers would come from.

Nov 1, 2017
It's not really a spoiler and but is this the first time that marvel acknowledges that spider-man would lead the avengers in phase four? I was always a bit concerned what would happen once holland's Deal was up.

Nah, I think spidey will be featured prominently in mcu for the next 10(?) years but he is too young and inexperienced to lead the avengers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.