• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Variety reports Millie Bobby Brown is cast in Eternals. Interesting since Kevin Feige denied having a role for her. And she herself denied it as well, but Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Rudd also denied their castings initially.

I guess she could be Sprite.

I also just came out of a X-Men: Dark Phoenix showing, and that was really bad. It wasn't even entertaining. But at least I liked the visual effects, the soundtrack was decent and I got some Cyclops action. Script was outright bad, and so was the dialogue, story and acting. Such a drab ending to a 19 year old franchise.
But isn't the end! There's still New Mutants!

Oct 31, 2017
Mod Edit: Content removed due to inappropriate source

Take it with a grain of salt as the author even mentions it's a rumor, but this video makes sense to me. It touches on the different aspects of the contract and - as one of 3 people in this forum who probably read the 2011 contract - they are spot on even if they skip over a couple of things.

Helps explain why all the characters are so different than their comics counterpart and whatnot. Also the rumor from the video is that MCU Spidey films do NOT count for Sony to keep the license as per the agreement, so Sony NEEDS venomverse. Those movies ain't going nowhere. If they don't keep venomverse going the license reverts to Marvel.

And if the video is right, Spider-man came within months of reverting back to Marvel. Amazing Spider-man 2 released on 05/02/2014 or 03/31/2014 (if you count first release). Venom's principal photography began 10/23/2017 (3 years and 5 months or 3 years and 7 months after the previous release, depending on which one you count). Had Sony missed this deadline Spider-man would have reverted back to Marvel. Very close to a Daredevil like situation with Fox.

If for nothing else, the video shows how awkward Kevin Feige is when Amy Pascal is talking.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Take it with a grain of salt as the author even mentions it's a rumor, but this video makes sense to me. It touches on the different aspects of the contract and - as one of 3 people in this forum who probably read the 2011 contract - they are spot on even if they skip over a couple of things.

Helps explain why all the characters are so different than their comics counterpart and whatnot. Also the rumor from the video is that MCU Spidey films do NOT count for Sony to keep the license as per the agreement, so Sony NEEDS venomverse. Those movies ain't going nowhere. If they don't keep venomverse going the license reverts to Marvel.

And if the video is right, Spider-man came within months of reverting back to Marvel. Amazing Spider-man 2 released on 05/02/2014 or 03/31/2014 (if you count first release). Venom's principal photography began 10/23/2017 (3 years and 5 months or 3 years and 7 months after the previous release, depending on which one you count). Had Sony missed this deadline Spider-man would have reverted back to Marvel. Very close to a Daredevil like situation with Fox.

If for nothing else, the video shows how awkward Kevin Feige is when Amy Pascal is talking.

This has already been made into a thread here (and locked) because the source on this is The Ankler, who was the same guy who said Kathleen Kennedy would be FIRED right before she signed a three year contract extension:
"While Kathleen Kennedy worked wonders relaunching this property from the abyss of the Lucas prequel trilogy and turning it into a bigger than ever all-devouring cultural force, there has to be more than some thought that it's time for new blood at the helm. The talk out there is of a September changing of the guards. We'll see."

Also, that channel is one of the YouTubers posting near-daily anti-Brie Larson videos:
screenshot2019-07-10akfkce.png

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Purposefully promoting an inappropriate source
This has already been made into a thread here (and locked) because the source on this is The Ankler, who was the same guy who said Kathleen Kennedy would be FIRED right before she signed a three year contract extension:

Also, that channel is one of the YouTubers posting near-daily anti-Brie Larson videos:
screenshot2019-07-10akfkce.png

I saw the locked thread. The video brings up other points. As I said, take it with a grain of salt.

The content that he talks about on the 2011 contract is spot on though. 95% of people are wrong when talking about the contract. This dude isn't. The fact that he might be a bigot is irrelevant when talking about the points he brought up for the SM rights IMO. Again, it's fair to say he's full of shit. I do think the video makes sense and some good points, especially when it comes to characters and why they are all different.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I saw the locked thread. The video brings up other points. As I said, take it with a grain of salt.

The content that he talks about on the 2011 contract is spot on though. 95% of people are wrong when talking about the contract. This dude isn't. The fact that he might be a bigot is irrelevant when talking about the points he brought up for the SM rights IMO. Again, it's fair to say he's full of shit. I do think the video makes sense and some good points, especially when it comes to characters and why they are all different.
I don't understand why different character interpretation has anything to do with contracts. Sony did it all the time with their own Spider-man movies. His argument only work for MCU MJ which is Michelle and not Mary Jane. But other character like Vulture, Hot Aunt May and even Peter Parker are still the character from the comic.

If Sony take Spider-man out of MCU, they can't use these version of characters because the new Sony made movies are not MCU, even if Sony keep Tom Holland as the actor for their Venomverse Spider-man. That is still not going to be the same character as MCU character. It will be like JK Simmon playing a different version of J Jonah Jameson.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys watch Jessica Jones Season 3?

Daredevil gets all the accolades, but I lowkey feel like this show takes the cake on Netflix in a lot of ways.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Midnight Edge is an openly racist and sexist alt-right channel. Why are you posting this and helping generate ad revenue for someone who pushes alt-right bigoted views?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
images

I don't know, I seriously thought this was an actual image of the production. Do you think it's conceptual art? It seems like a production still to me.

It's just concept art. There's no director yet, just the Rick and Morty writer.. Falcon and Winter Soldier has a director, is hiring writers, and starts filming next month.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they got plenty more to cast if that casting sheet from last November is anything to go by.

Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, Makkari, Elysius, Thena, Zuras, Eros, Margot, Sprite and Druig.

And they got Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Ma Dong-seok, Salma Hayek and Millie Bobby Brown so far.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll cast Ana de Armas in any role, I could see her as Margot.
Who is Richard Madden rumored to be playing?

giphy.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Wonder if Disney+ is going to go the Netflix release style or more traditional weekly release like Hulu.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

They are aiming for an August 2020 release.

That's actually super nice, having it between Black Widow and Eternals in May and November.
Just saw this, wasn't following the discussion closely. This is fucking big. I love how Marvel keeps getting people involved with John Wick to their projects. This show might be my most anticipated passive entertainment thing coming in 2020.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Spider-Man: Far From Home just broke $700m worldwide this Thursday.

Through 11-07-2019

Domestic: $229.4mn
Overseas: $472.25mn

Worldwide: $701.65mn

Source: Charlie Jatinder

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Was Endgame's theater count confirmed for this weekend?
1,443 theaters in the USA. You can always check out theater counts here:

It's updated every Thursday and posted on BOM around 5-6pm. And don't worry, Avengers: Endgame isn't leaving movie theaters anytime soon.

I have my countdown going on Twitter now:

Jatinder is reporting that all films performed over or higher this Thursday in the domestic market compared with Wednesday. So what this means is that we are already around $13.8m, not accounting whatever it's doing overseas.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
1,443 theaters in the USA. You can always check out theater counts here:

It's updated every Thursday and posted on BOM around 5-6pm. And don't worry, Avengers: Endgame isn't leaving movie theaters anytime soon.

I have my countdown going on Twitter now:

Jatinder is reporting that all films performed over or higher this Thursday in the domestic market compared with Wednesday. So what this means is that we are already around $13.8m, not accounting whatever it's doing overseas.

That's fantastic, thanks! Also, I can't wait for SDCC, I really want to know what comes next.

Status
Not open for further replies.