• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I'm using it right now and they even have the Marvel Television shows, like Aos and Runaways.

Edit: LOL they have Inhumans.

Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
the issue with making mag a holocaust survivor in the mcu is he would be atleast 75 and thats if they make him born in 1945

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If only there was some place in the MCU where time works differently...

Regarding Magneto and Charles being POC...yeah imma pass on that.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

One step closer to Lance Reddick as Professor X

tenor.gif

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lance Reddick as Professor X I think would be legit amazing but yeah Magneto should stay a Jewish Holocaust survivor.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't make sense for Magneto to still be a holocaust survivor. He'd have to be like 90.

Oct 25, 2017
I get wanting Magneto to stay a holocaust survivor, since he's one of the few (prominent) Jewish characters. It's tough to change him without leaving behind a huge representation gap.

No reason for Charles to stay white though.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Magneto needs to be a Holocaust survivor and Jewish. It's easy to say "well, just replace the Holocaust with another genocide", but that's kinda missing the point.

The issue of time, though, gets stranger and stranger as, well, time goes on. The comics move past this with deaging him because Plot™, but I can see him having some slow aging due to his powers or something in the MCU.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's really easy to accept that magneto doesn't age/ages slower due to his powers

they shouldn't change his backstory

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They could also just have Magneto be hella old and kill him off in the first movie.

Then make, like, Polaris their "new Magneto" to face off with X-Men.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Make him a 35 y/o Rwandan genocide survivor that hates Wakanda for not getting involved to stop it.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
What even is "Full Circle Cinema" and why should we believe any rumor from them?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

I think they'll end up keeping Magneto's backstory the same except they'll have it so he ages slower somehow. There'd be a ton of bad press if they did anything other than that.

I also think they'd probably wait a little longer before introducing Magneto.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Another possible explanation to why some characters didn't age: Mr. Sinister did some fucked up experiments with them. There you have it. Lazy as shit but it'll do the trick.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Possible explanation: The doctor who invented the super soldier serum, Erskine, defected to the US from Germany after he saw experiments on children (among other things), experiments which used an imperfect version of his serum. One of those subjects was Magneto, and the only thing he got from it was slowed ageing.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
"It gives me a lot of hope," Cameron told Deadline. "Avengers: Endgame is demonstrable proof that people will still go to movie theaters. The thing that scared me most about making Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 was that the market might have shifted so much that it simply was no longer possible to get people that excited about going and sitting in a dark room with a bunch of strangers to watch something."

This maybe the greatest achievement of Endgame, as its directors have pointed out some time ago.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to make a new thread since I haven't found reliable source but is it true Sony and Disney are back in talks again? 30% revenue for Disney and Venom in MCU lol?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I honestly can suspend my disbelief in a comic book movie when it comes to Magneto being beyond ancient yet still alive and well for whatever reason. I wouldn't love him not being a Holocaust Jewish survivor (he can be the race they want him to be within that background, evidently).

And I know it's basically a meme to cast actually bald actors for characters that are bald, but fuck yeah, you're right: Lance Reddick as Charles is genius. I love the guy so damn much.
tumblr_inline_pe3ngvlyMM1selhrj_250.gif

Last edited:

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
I wonder how they'll manage the X-Men inclusion in the MCU...
Start from the beginning, with the creation of the school, first team, etc... ? Or find a way (possibly multiverse linked) to have an already established team in the MCU ?
Maybe have a small original team already working undercover in the MCU, and start the movies with Xavier recruiting the new team (more diverse, international characters) to rescue the original X-Men like in the comics ?

And I know it's basically a meme to cast actually bald actors for characters that are bald

Vin Diesel for Xavier, or The Rock

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you hearing this from a new source, with a date other than sometimes last week?
or are you just referring to the rumors from last week?
It's not a personal source. Just some articles on the internet. From the last 24 hours, Google Spiderman Disney Sony
If the rumor doesn't come from THR, Deadline, or Variety then you may as well ignore it.
I couldn't find a source like those which is why I asked if anyone heard anything about it.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
So the MCU won pretty big at the Saturn Awards.

9cfogqt1iim31.jpg

They also showed this deleted scene from Iron Man:

Holy fucking shit...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
https://torontosun.com/entertainmen...alk-mosul-and-sonys-tragic-spider-man-mistake

Joe Russo: " I think it's a tragic mistake on Sony's part to think that they can replicate Kevin's penchant for telling incredible stories and the amazing success he has had over the years. I think it's a big mistake."
"If you let my Spider go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will buy you out."

UrNYPPe.jpg

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Sony better enjoy these results because they're not gonna see them again.

The next film will be a huge hit regardless, even if it's terrible. The first two have built up enough goodwill with audiences that people are going to want to see the conclusion to the trilogy. Spider-Man 3 outgrossed the first two films, so did X3 and The Dark Knight Rises.

The problem is keeping audience interest going beyond that. They can burn through that goodwill real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.