• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh shit, he didn't even keep her number? Fuck.
The universe handed him a big-ass L, especially for not saving his contacts to the cloud (if he had that for his phone at the time).

If I make it on Broadway & meet her, I'll explain the situation in his stead. It's the least I can do for my friend. Also, I wonder if she still has the keychain.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I...I want "Smart Hulk" to eventually start evolving into Maestro Hulk. Sure he's dabbing and behaving like a goofball now. But something seemed off about him throughout Endgame. Even Cap and Widow seemed uneasy around him in the diner. Like in the comics where Doc Green was slowly becoming aware of his Maestro persona coming. An intelligent Hulk eventually runs the risk of becoming Maestro. Give it to me, do something interesting with Banner.

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like Ms. Marvel may start filming sooner than expected (the previous rumor was September 2020, if I recall).

If nothing else, at least Ms. Marvel could very well be on Disney+ by the end of 2021. No word on She-Hulk or Moon Knight, though.

Doubt it. If the rumor is true then filming in April 2021 pretty much confirms a 2022 release. Probably Spring 2022. All the other TV shows are getting about a year from filming to release. IIRC I think Wandavision is supposed to start filming this year as well as Falcon Winter Soldier. Loki early next year.

You do NOT want another Inhumans/Scott Buck situation where they filmed to release in about 6 months IIRC.

EDIT: I read the tweet as filming in April 2021. Ignore everything I said lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Doubt it. If the rumor is true then filming in April 2021 pretty much confirms a 2022 release. Probably Spring 2022. All the other TV shows are getting about a year from filming to release. IIRC I think Wandavision is supposed to start filming this year as well as Falcon Winter Soldier. Loki early next year.

You do NOT want another Inhumans/Scott Buck situation where they filmed to release in about 6 months IIRC.
The report states that they're filming in April 2020, not 2021. That puts them on track for a Late 2021 release after you factor in editing.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I...I want "Smart Hulk" to eventually start evolving into Maestro Hulk. Sure he's dabbing and behaving like a goofball now. But something seemed off about him throughout Endgame. Even Cap and Widow seemed uneasy around him in the diner. Like in the comics where Doc Green was slowly becoming aware of his Maestro persona coming. An intelligent Hulk eventually runs the risk of becoming Maestro. Give it to me, do something interesting with Banner.
I've been kinda hoping something like this goes down ever since Endgame. I always got kind of a vibe that his personality was more than just Banner alone in the film. It might be (and I would bet likely) that it's just due to his newfound comfortability as the Hulk. Still, he definitely acts significantly different, being far more assertive and outspoken than usual.

I guess we'll have to see what they're plans are for Banner/Hulk in the future, if there is much of anything. I could see him being mostly gone outside of a few minor support appearances with his arc completed, but he wasn't written out the way Steve, Tony and Nat were. It might depend on how much longer Ruffalo wishes to continue with the role.

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I've been kinda hoping something like this goes down ever since Endgame. I always got kind of a vibe that his personality was more than just Banner alone in the film. It might just be to do with his newfound comfortability as the Hulk, but it seemed to me that he acted significantly different; far more assertive and outspoken than usual.
I mean, certainly and of course. He wasn't Banner, he was merged.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, when the Ancient One separates Banner from Hulk, he reverts to his nervous, less confident self compared to Professor Hulk.

Oct 31, 2017
The report states that they're filming in April 2020, not 2021. That puts them on track for a Late 2021 release after you factor in editing.

Yeah I misread it. I guess they can add another show and have 4 films and 4 live action shows in 2021 to go along with the animation What If. I wonder if that's the volume they will try to output going forward or if they'll slow down.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Hell yeah. I really enjoyed Ant-Man and the Wasp, I don't care what anyone else says.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully AM3 is more like AM2 and less like the first. I really, really disliked the first movie but found the second to be pretty enjoyable and light-hearted in the right ways.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Antman & the Wasp especially felt like the modern equivalent of the 90s Disney live-action family movies, like Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Soft, wholesome romps.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Actually thought they'd go ahead and do a Wasp movie and shift focus to her. But this is nice.

Ideally, we get a Wasp trilogy after this while Stature headlines Young Avengers movies and gets her own series down the road.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think they're probably going to use AM3 to set up cassie as stature or the new Ant-man (otherwise, why age her during the snap?) I do like how some people are assuming that marvel can make an infinite number of movies, and thus everyone gets a trilogy now.

Oct 31, 2017
So BP 2, AM/W2-3? and Guardians? Or Captain Marvel 2?

I would think CM 2 is 2023.

Thor 3 -> Thor 4 = 2017 -> 2021
Strange -> Strange 2 = 2016 -> 2021
Panther -> Panther 2 = 2018 -> 2022

If this rumor pans out and they start filming in 2021, then that's probably the July 2022 date. AM2 -> AM3 = 2018 -> 2022. Solo movies seem to be on a 4-5 year gap except Spider-man presumably due to Sony.

The better question is will they add a 4th movie in 2022 and go with 4 movies a year going forward for most years? There's room in November if they want it and that's enough time away from SS for Guardians 3 to make that November date in 2022. I can see Feb 2022 being Blade or Deadpool 3.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm cool with Antman 3 even though I hated AMaTW. Admittedly, I probably got the most choked up when Scott was reunited with Cassie in Endgame so I would really like to see more of how that storyline plays out. Maybe it'll eventually lead to a Stinger Disney+ show for the Young Avengers.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how reliable that source is but I would love a third Ant-Man movie to close the trilogy out and introduce Stature.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ant-man wasn't my favorite movies, but I'm certainly okay with them finishing the trilogy, especially if they set up Stature. Marvel doesn't really make bad movies anymore (only the incredible hulk is bad, with DS and IM 3 being merely mediocre), so any Marvel movie is something (for me) to look forward to. Can't wait for Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Wandavision, DS2, and even Black Widow.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
About time I updated THE FUCKING TIMELINE™

fullupcomingmcutrevisq1kgz.png

Sounds like maybe Antman 3 could drop in that July 2022 spot? Then Blade or Captain Marvel 2 in Feb 2022. Kinda hoping it's Blade just to break up all the sequels.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I liked DS when I saw it, but it has diminished since then. If it had been the first movie in the MCU in 2008, it would have been amazing. But origin movies are wearing on me now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm in the minority here but I REALLY dug Doctor Strange, I loved all the magic shit.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked DS when I saw it, but it has diminished since then. If it had been the first movie in the MCU in 2008, it would have been amazing. But origin movies are wearing on me now.
I know I'm in the minority here but I REALLY dug Doctor Strange, I loved all the magic shit.

Like I appreciate the trippy visuals (which at the time felt fresh at the beginning of Phase 3), as well as the unique way the villain was handled in the 3rd act, but outside of that it just felt like Iron Man, but with magic lol

Of course, as seen in both Infinity War and Ragnarok, I know that my issue is with the movie, not the character, so that's good. Just really didn't care for his origin story. Glad to see him doing all this advanced shit now, on top of having a sequel where Scarlet Witch is co-starring. Very hyped for that.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly divide Phase 3 into two columns - cool, original movies with a unique voice and identity (GOTG2, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War/Endgame) and sort of bland, paint-by-numbers superhero origins/sequels (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Homecoming, Captain Marvel).

I'm sort of expecting a similar split for Phase 4 (with Eternals/Thor 4/Shang-Chi in the first column and Black Widow/Strange 2/Spider-Man 3 in the second) but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Taika has finished a draft of the script for Love and Thunder. And we may be losing Fat Thor:

"This is an ongoing debate that we're still having at Marvel," Waititi told us during an interview promoting his new festival-winning comedic WWII drama Jojo Rabbit. "'Cause we're trying to figure out how long — how many months or years — this is after Endgame, at what point does this take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.