• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The look on Dr Strange's face during that deleted scene... He knows that he willingly sacrificed Tony. Benedict Cumberbatch is one hell of an actor.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That deleted scene is okay but combined with the funeral and hologram it maybe would've been too much. I get why they cut it. Plus the funeral drives the point home more elegantly, everyone taking a bow is a a bit cheesy for me. Also:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it wasn't in the movie, it's cheesy as fuck, and not in a good way. It's cool and all seeing it in the context of it being deleted footage, but they definitely made the right call in cutting it out. Funeral scene works much better.

Also Gamora's exit makes it even more awkward lol

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, everyone taking a bow is too much. The funeral scene drives the point home much better.

Btw, you guys think we may get Beta Ray Bill in Love and Thunder? I'd really like to see a team of Thors running around.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I think the scene works well. The only issue is that it's redundant and the movie had to make cuts somewhere for time.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
tbh would have liked to see Pepper's extended farewell along with Steve and the other Avengers acknowledging the moment like they are here, but the funeral lineup is a way more impressive moment than the kneeling, especially after the voice message because of Tony talking about all the families he wanted to bring back together, and seeing that realized in that funeral scene.

This is a great moment, but it's unnecessary so it's clear why it was cut.

Also, I assume Peter is not in this scene at all because of unfinished CG work for his suit? Noticed him, Hulk and Rocket being absent

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feel like the funeral doesn't make it redundant because they could say the funeral was for Morgan to say bye to Tony, same for Fury and the others who weren't at the battle.

I understand why they cut it though.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Coolest kneeling moment remains the people of Minas Tirith kneeling to the hobbits.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Posted this in the MUA3 thread but maybe this is a more fitting place
GvxkuW7.png

Oct 30, 2017
Weird ? they are giving respect to a dead father who sacrificed himself to save the world. What's weird?
Though i just like last scene of current version better with Happy talking to Tony's girl about burgers.
damn

The visual of them all kneeling one by one is communicating a different concept to me. It feels more like supplication to a monarch rather than respect for death.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Someone leaked the Black Widow stuff from comic con on the twitters.

But it's mostly audio and less than half the corner of the screen.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Weird ? they are giving respect to a dead father who sacrificed himself to save the world. What's weird?
Though i just like last scene of current version better with Happy talking to Tony's girl about burgers.
damn
In no world would everyone express their sadness at a death like this by all kneeling in the identical fashion.
That scene is so corny lol

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
In no world would everyone express their sadness at a death like this by all kneeling in the identical fashion.
That scene is so corny lol

Sorry but no. There's a lot of variations of unified salutes, kneeling, lining up the boots of soldiers who died in battle, etc... It's a show of respect from fellow soldiers to those who fought with them and made the ultimate sacrifice. It's incredibly common when someone dies in the line of duty. Be it soldiers in war, police departments, etc...

You don't have to like it of course. But it absolutely does happen. Just typically not exactly where the death happened. Of course, in real life wars/battles/etc.. don't tend to end so completely decisively in a single moment either.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but no. There's a lot of variations of unified salutes, kneeling, lining up the boots of soldiers who died in battle, etc... It's a show of respect from fellow soldiers to those who fought with them and made the ultimate sacrifice. It's incredibly common when someone dies in the line of duty. Be it soldiers in war, police departments, etc...

You don't have to like it of course. But it absolutely does happen. Just typically not exactly where the death happened. Of course, in real life wars/battles/etc.. don't tend to end so completely decisively in a single moment either.

And that would maybe make sense if the Avengers were a uniformed army.... but while they might be soldiers they aren't that.

And you just said it "not exactly where the death happened" that's the key.

The scene is completely emotional manufacturing rather than natural.

You get a kind of that thing at the funeral with everyone standing in mourning. A much more natural thing.

I'd also point out the framing of the scene makes the battlefield look incredibly tiny.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
And that would maybe make sense if the Avengers were a uniformed army.... but while they might be soldiers they aren't that.

And you just said it "not exactly where the death happened" that's the key.

The scene is completely emotional manufacturing rather than natural.

You get a kind of that thing at the funeral with everyone standing in mourning. A much more natural thing.

I'd also point out the framing of the scene makes the battlefield look incredibly tiny.

I disagree that it's emotional manufacturing. It doesn't happen on the spot in a typical battlefield because a typical battlefield isn't safe. There's no one action that completely defeats the opposing force with such finality in a real battlefield like what we see in Endgame. Most wars continue to have battles and skirmishes for awhile even after one or both sides capitulate.

I think the surroundings do enough to show the widespread destruction* and the framing insinuates the intimacy of the moment.

The scene is absolutely redundant with the funeral scene. But it isn't a bad scene in and of itself.

*Edited for auto-correct correcting.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Seeing people freaking out on Twitter at Marvel making Blade the MCU's "first Muslim superhero" lol

I haven't even seen any shitty articles about this where's it coming from

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That was a smart scene to cut. There's already the giant funeral scene. I already think they went over the top with the Stark worship compared to other fallen avengers. Then they show all the Stark shrines in Far From Home, but nothing for the other Avengers.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
That was a smart scene to cut. There's already the giant funeral scene. I already think they went over the top with the Stark worship compared to other fallen avengers. Then they show all the Stark shrines in Far From Home, but nothing for the other Avengers.

Most people don't know who black widow or vision are. Tony Stark is the most famous person alive in the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.