• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It just sucks we'll either see a watered down conclusion or no conclusion to the FFH stinger.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
It just sucks we'll either see a watered down conclusion or no conclusion to the FFH stinger.
Biggest narrative dead end in the MCU film series.

"Oh yeah you know Tony Stark, the savior of the entire fucking universe? Tony's chosen heir? He was just outed as the murderer of the interdimensional hero Mysterio and was using an army of Stark drones for nefarious purposes. What happens to him?"

"He just disappears."

lol

fuck

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Spider-Man is gone from the MCU, he's gone. I've made peace with the idea, I just don't think things are quite as definitive as some others feel. It's still been a very short amount of time since results of the talks went public, and I wouldn't be surprised if a new deal ultimately got forged, as there's still quite a bit of time before Spider-Man 3 ever goes into production. I'm honestly pretty cynical about the actual prospects of the deal being renewed, but I still think the window for one is pretty open.

I'm less disappointed about Spider-Man being separated from the MCU than I am about the expectation that Sony is likely gonna bungle Spider-Man as a live-action film franchise yet again. Additionally, any Spider-Man 3 separated from the MCU is gonna feel somewhat mangled if only because of how interconnected this Spidey is to many MCU elements. To see them outright disappear is gonna be extremely strange no matter the quality of the final product, and the longer Holland's Spidey stays separate the more difficult it'll likely be to reincorporate him into the MCU if Sony's Spider-Man plans fall apart like they did last time. Marvel Studios still isn't gonna want Sony's Spiderverse spin-offs to be canon even if Holland's Spidey becomes a character in those films, for example.

The MCU obviously is gonna have to explain where one of their most popular characters went, but that's a significantly lesser issue than what Sony has to deal with now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man can hang out with the Leader and Lady Sif in the Land of Dropped Plot Threads.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still baffled about how much weight and potential they gave to Spidey without having any kind of assurance about his future in the MCU. In FFH he was treated like the next Iron Man and key member of the Avengers and future of the MCU, his identity was revealed to the whole world setting up a really interesting plot and now we may have nothing? Something doesn't feel right.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still baffled about how much weight and potential they gave to Spidey without having any kind of assurance about his future in the MCU. In FFH he was treated like the next Iron Man and key member of the Avengers and future of the MCU, his identity was revealed to the whole world setting up a really interesting plot and now we may have nothing? Something doesn't feel right.
Why both parties agreed on two films instead of a trilogy is baffling.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Fuck, they shipped my endgame copy today, will prolly arrive on monday.

I was hoping for some sneaky and get it early so i have something to watch this weekend.

OH WELL

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Does it rhyme with Yower Yack?

giphy.gif

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna randomly guess that its confirmation that the Avengers tower was bought and turned into the baxter building.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
In light of that bit of non-news, I decided to go do this again....
...things have shifted a little, and if I did it tomorrow, things might shift again...but, well, tiers!

NamVYjp.png

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if sony could fuck spidey up again in about... 3 or 4 years? then come crawling back to feige?

we're getting venom 2 and morbius next year and probably the next solo spidey in 2021. they're going to pump these things out as quickly as humanly possible.

think about it, black panther is about to have a 4 year break between movies. almost 5 years between dr strange 1 and 2. i'd be ok with a similar "break" for spidey.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
i wonder if sony could fuck spidey up again in about... 3 or 4 years? then come crawling back to feige?

we're getting venom 2 and morbius next year and probably the next solo spidey in 2021. they're going to pump these things out as quickly as humanly possible.

think about it, black panther is about to have a 4 year break between movies. almost 5 years between dr strange 1 and 2. i'd be ok with a similar "break" for spidey.

Sony can't afford to go 5 years between spidey movies. They're in danger of being bought by someone else, and if they don't grow their marketshare, someone like apple, or amazon is going to buy them, simply for their television and movie libraries, for their streaming service, and not give a shit about making movies anymore.

They can get January Jones to play an older Emma Frost, now.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Sony can't afford to go 5 years between spidey movies. They're in danger of being bought by someone else, and if they don't grow their marketshare, someone like apple, or amazon is going to buy them, simply for their television and movie libraries, for their streaming service, and not give a shit about making movies anymore.

Exactly. So if they put out 4 Spider-Man projects in 4 years and they all underperform, while Feige is making Eternals and Blade billion dollar properties...

I feel like the only way the two sides come back together again is if Sony finds itself in a situation similar to 2014.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. So if they put out 4 Spider-Man projects in 4 years and they all underperform, while Feige is making Eternals and Blade billion dollar properties...

I feel like the only way the two sides come back together again is if Sony finds itself in a situation similar to 2014.

Maybe. But yeah, they'll run spidey into the ground, cause it's almost the only thing they have (we'll see if Jumanji's sequel performs well)

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I used to grab Power Pack mini hardcovers from the library when I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to the MCU adaptation
It trending more towards a younger demographic doesn't bother me either, I'm sure it'll be fun for the whole family in the way that Pixar movies are

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I used to grab Power Pack mini hardcovers from the library when I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to the MCU adaptation
It trending more towards a younger demographic doesn't bother me either, I'm sure it'll be fun for the whole family in the way that Pixar movies are

That's the whole goal. Feige said last year that they wanted to do something for families:
"Power Pack is a property that we've been interested in for a long time. For many years because we wanted to do something for families, something that's a little younger, Ant-Man has kind of become that franchise, certainly with Ant-Man and the Wasp, but Power Pack still is one of the many things that we discuss, wouldn't it be fun to do someday?"

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I remember reading a few years ago that Feige had a roadmap for the MCU up until 2028. And that was way before the Fox acquisition and Disney+. I got a feeling that some of us will just fucking die and the MCU will keep on giving the goods.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And he had a plan with and without Spidey back in 2016. Feige is gonna run this ship to 2030

Oct 31, 2017

Don't give a shit if Eternals make it to a billion or not, but Blade? Hell yeah. Not sure about the rumored PG-13 rating though. Marvel Knights and rated R please.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Don't give a shit if Eternals make it to a billion or not, but Blade? Hell yeah. Not sure about the rumored PG-13 rating though. Marvel Knights and rated R please.
I still think Rated R Marvel movie is unlikely. I imagine they want everything to be simple, they all marvel movie will eventually available in Disney+ which is family friendly service. they could make separate Marvel Knights brand for R rated stuff at Hulu. but the main appeal of MCU now is the crossover, having R rated character show up in family friendly film might be a problem even if they tone down the characters for crossover film. kids will watch Blade, think they're really cool and want to see their solo movies, which is R rated.

I imagine Deadpool 3 will either stay separate from MCU and never show up in MCU movies, or get rebooted as pg13 films in MCU.

Oct 31, 2017
I still think Rated R Marvel movie is unlikely. I imagine they want everything to be simple, they all marvel movie will eventually available in Disney+ which is family friendly service. they could make separate Marvel Knights brand for R rated stuff at Hulu. but the main appeal of MCU now is the crossover, having R rated character show up in family friendly film might be a problem even if they tone down the characters for crossover film. kids will watch Blade, think they're really cool and want to see their solo movies, which is R rated.

I imagine Deadpool 3 will either stay separate from MCU and never show up in MCU movies, or get rebooted as pg13 films in MCU.

I'm okay with PG-13 cuts for Blade, Deadpool, and whatever else for China or re-release to reach a wider audience or whatever.

But Blade and Deadpool being PG-13 just sound wrong. Same with Moon Knight, I guess, and that will be PG-13, so you're probably right.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

giphy.gif

Cross

Oct 25, 2017

I think Deadpool is the only safe bet for a R rating, mainly for what Bob Iger and Kevin Feige have said about the character.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
In light of that bit of non-news, I decided to go do this again....
...things have shifted a little, and if I did it tomorrow, things might shift again...but, well, tiers!

NamVYjp.png

Interesting

So a reverse pyramid where F is for fantastic and S+ is Shitty +?

I mean you have the best MCU film Thor 2: The Dark World in the F section so I have to assume you're changing things up!

I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.