• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I don't know anything personally, but there have been some potential spoilers circulating lately regarding the end-credits scenes of Far From Home. I saw them at r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers so anyone interested can go there and take a look.

Oh, that was a real giggle, though of course I've no idea whether any of it is true.

Out of an excess of caution I'm taking the initiative of tagging this. It's at least once removed from any potential spoilers but I'd prefer not to run the risk of upsetting anybody.

The recent u/Esp_Marvelita post is eyebrow-raising to say the least. A certain cameo appearance had already been foreshadowed, looking back.

There is a continuation of a major departure from comics canon, according to that user, but on reflection the scene itself seems relatively trivial in nature. Not the game changer some previewers have signalled.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This is particularly pointless and frustrating because if people who have seen a preview were allowed to just blurt out what they've seen we'd actually, you know, know. This is just a film, it's not the nuclear launch codes.

If they did that, then the studio would yell at them and they wouldn't be invited to the next screening.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, that was a real giggle, though of course I've no idea whether any of it is true.

Out of an excess of caution I'm taking the initiative of tagging this. It's at least once removed from any potential spoilers but I'd prefer not to run the risk of upsetting anybody.

The recent u/Esp_Marvelita post is eyebrow-raising to say the least. A certain cameo appearance had already been foreshadowed, looking back.

There is a continuation of a major departure from comics canon, according to that user, but on reflection the scene itself seems relatively trivial in nature. Not the game changer some previewers have signalled.

if what's going around is accurate, I really, really don't understand the MOST MINDBLOWING POST-CREDITS SCENES IN YEARS THAT SET THE DIRECTION FOR THE NEXT DECADE OF THE MCU, THIS IS WHY THEY'RE BEING SO SECRETIVE UNTIL SDCC hype

one has a major plot point for a sequel and a cool cameo, but neither is likely to be relevant outside the Spider-Man corner of the MCU; the other one is just a gag paying off a different film

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Marvel Studios Twitter insider types who hadn't actually seen the film just heard an incomplete description of the latter scene and wrongly assumed it was setting up a certain story direction for the broader franchise, thus leading to some breathless hyperbole, but OTOH, there's been similar post-credits hype from some of the actual reviewers, so maybe it's just the nature of social media reactions

EDIT: looks like the thread in question was deleted, so maybe it was fake and the above is all moot? we'll see

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Given the critic reaction about the movie giving a nod to the older Spidey films, my real guess about what happens is JK Simmons is finally back as Jonah. I don't think there's any Spider-Verse shenanigans happening.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I can't tell if you're joking or not about that but if you left it alone I wouldn't have thought anything of what he said.
I'm not joking. The first part of that sentence is already a spoiler since it's hinting at something specific and while the second part may be speculative it's based directly off the spoiler.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
If there's a
link to the old Spidey movies
, there aren't so many possibilities...
Maguire, Dafoe or Simmons
?
JJ Jameson
is the best bet

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Homecoming to prep for FFH. This movie is just pure liquified fun. I really wish Sony wasn't in the equation because I just worry about them sabotaging this good thing. I just want this Spider-Man and this Universe for decades to come.

Even the small roles in this movie are perfectly cast and memorable. Mr. Delmar, Martin Starr as the debate teacher...

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Nah lets make the thread unreadable off of speculation alone. lol
Except your post wasn't based on speculation alone but instead from a tweet from someone who already saw the movie.
We're at the point now where real spoilers for the film are out there and it takes all of 2 seconds to spoiler tag something. Unless you just want to be inconsiderate and not care then that's even worse.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey does a lot of property damage in Homecoming. When he's running through that neighborhood he just plows through peoples fences, destroys a treehouse, etc.

Then at the end when he's sticking the plane, he kicks a fiery jet engine off to fall to the ground above New York!

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
fwiw there's a post on /co/ seemingly confirming the Reddit spoilers alluded to above but who knows

Seems legit, same spoilers as others leakers... OK, I'll do it, 3 tags to be considerate :

Peter Parker is depressed about Tony Stark's death and wants to go on vacation with his friends.
Nick Fury forces him to team up with Mysterio to fight the Elementals that are rampaging across Europe.
Mysterio and the Elementals are allegedly from a parallel universe and were transported to Peter's world by Thanos' snap.
Peter and Mysterio become friends, while Fury keeps chewing Peter out for wanting to take a vacation (important later).
Peter has a crush on MJ and competes for her affections with Brad Davis, a dude whom they met as an ugly kid and grew into a handsome chad in the five years they were dusted.
MJ also figures Peter's secret identity.
Peter inherits Tony's A.I. glasses and discovers that Mysterio is actually a former Stark Industries employee.
Mysterio was fired by Tony and wants revenge by usurping Tony's place as the world's greatest hero.
The Elementals are illusions created by Mysterio, who uses drones to cause the destruction that is attributed to them. His stories about the Multiverse are fake.
Despite this, Mysterio actually cares about Peter and wants Peter to join him, but Peter refuses.
Peter uses a mobile workshop in the Stark jet to design a new suit, with no A.I.
Final battle in London, Mysterio seemingly dies when one of his drones explodes.
Turns out Fury already suspected of Mysterio and wants pulling the long con to get Peter to expose him.
Peter and MJ get together. Movie ends with them swinging together through New York City.
First post-credits scene is J.K. Simmons returning as J. Jonah Jameson, now a talk-show host. He airs a video Mysterio had sent prior to his death, making Spider-Man out to be a villain and exposing his secret identity to the world. Jameson brands Spider-Man a menace as Peter watches hopelessly.
Second post-credits scene is Fury and Maria Hill turning out to be Skrulls working for the real Fury, who is in vacation himself.
No Norman Osborn, Oscorp or Sinister Six teases at all.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Seems legit, same spoilers as others leakers... OK, I'll do it, 3 tags to be considerate :

First post-credits scene is J.K. Simmons returning as J. Jonah Jameson, now a talk-show host. He airs a video Mysterio had sent prior to his death, making Spider-Man out to be a villain and exposing his secret identity to the world. Jameson brands Spider-Man a menace as Peter watches hopelessly.

Everybody loves JK in the Tobey era. Recently he gave a voice acting rendition of Jameson in the context of Infinity War, and just knocked it out of the park. Looks like an audition to me.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
alrighty time to bail the fuck out. see yall around july 2

2iag22g.jpg

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It's hilarious reading Reddit right now and people refusing to believe the spoilers after a lot of people have already seen the movie. It happens every the time. They refused to believe the Endgame spoilers about Cap's ending and refused to believe an Ant would play the drums in Ant-Man and The Wasp.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, Endgame was going to limp over the initial Avatar run even without the re-release (I think it was $2.55b)

now it's getting its own re-release to make up that final ~$30m. whether it can get there or not will depend on how hard they push the thing. I think if they really wanted to and put some marketing out there it could do it.

I'm personally super hyped to see Endgame with DLC leading straight into my Spidey FFH viewing. I was ready to watch the mother fucker again even without additional footage!

Also, regarding spoilers, I installed a Youtube plugin that turns off all comments and recommended videos... and it turns out this is by far the best way to experience youtube so I just never disabled the plugin :)

if they really wanted it, couldn't they just throw money at the problem? Give away tickets or something or half off - if box office is based on ticket value rather than literally money paid then that could work. Marketing small change at the end of the day

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, they should have re-released endgame with extended cut two or three weeks before the black widow movie next year. It would have given that movie a huge boost considering black widow played a prominent role in both Infinity War and Endgame.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New Black Widow scene being filmed with Florence Pugh's stunt double. I'm so seriously hyped for Pugh's performance.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My GF decided she wanted to rewatch all the marvel movies in chronological order after endgame. Rewatching done movies for the first time in a while is interesting. I must say, the first avengers is still a lot of fun but it feels so small in scope compared to IW and Endgame. I hope they keep avengers movies cosmic and huge. Thor DW is better then I remembered. I still love iron man 2, it feels a part of the bigger universe that most of phase 2 never did. Guardians 1 is a fucking great movie and is leagues better then 2.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
More Black Widow set photos:

The labels on those cases pretty much confirms
Florence Pugh is playing Yelena Belova

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017

Peter Parker is depressed about Tony Stark's death and wants to go on vacation with his friends.
Nick Fury forces him to team up with Mysterio to fight the Elementals that are rampaging across Europe.
Mysterio and the Elementals are allegedly from a parallel universe and were transported to Peter's world by Thanos' snap.
Peter and Mysterio become friends, while Fury keeps chewing Peter out for wanting to take a vacation (important later).
Peter has a crush on MJ and competes for her affections with Brad Davis, a dude whom they met as an ugly kid and grew into a handsome chad in the five years they were dusted.
Peter inherits Tony's A.I. glasses and discovers that Mysterio is actually a former Stark Industries employee.
Mysterio was fired by Tony and wants revenge by usurping Tony's place as the world's greatest hero.
The Elementals are illusions created by Mysterio, who uses drones to cause the destruction that is attributed to them. His stories about the Multiverse are fake.
Despite this, Mysterio actually cares about Peter and wants Peter to join him, but Peter refuses.
Peter uses a mobile workshop in the Stark jet to design a new suit, with no A.I.
Final battle in London, Mysterio seemingly dies when one of his drones explodes.
Turns out Fury already suspected of Mysterio and wants pulling the long con to get Peter to expose him.
Peter and MJ get together. Movie ends with them swinging together through New York City.
Second post-credits scene is Fury and Maria Hill turning out to be Skrulls working for the real Fury, who is in vacation himself.

Seems reasonable. Disappointed that the second post credit scene isn't a better avengers continuation tease.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Please be real. This would be fantastic.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Manabyte overhyped it again. I mean sounds pretty cool but nothing "ERA IS NOT READY"

Status
Not open for further replies.