• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
When do you all think we'll see the first Doctor Strange 2 trailer?

First trailers for previous late April and early May MCU films released around late November to the first week of December. So, now.

This year however, we still have both Hawkeye and Spider-Man (even though it's not Disney, they do coordinate) to promote. Plus there's Covid which threw everything for a loop both production and promotion-wise, for a while. Also, there's still one or two Disney+ shows that will (probably) arrive before Strange 2 which haven't had a full trailer yet.

Back to films, the more recent ones: Shang-Chi got its first trailer around 4.5 months before release and Eternals got it 5.5 months before release. By that metric, Strange 2's trailer should arrive around right now as well.

Finally, I guess you could mention the large amount of reshoots going on plus the recent delay. However, I doubt that'll prevent them from having more than enough footage for a trailer.

Are we going to get a first teaser trailer to go along with the release of No Way Home?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the plots of No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness are so inter-connected that they won't release any trailers until after NWH is out.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
A young Kang had a real whirlwind romance with Cassie Lang in the comics. I wonder if they plan on doing that in the MCU. (I can't think of any other reason why Kang would be in Ant-Man.)
Kang heard what happened to Hulk in that What If…? episode and is going to every universe to take out every Ant-Man so it can never happen to him. lol

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
When fantastic four supposed to start production? Feel like we should start hearing news on that

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If you know who KINGPIN appears in the upcoming Hawkeye episodes, and you know who MATT MURDOCK appears in Spider-Man, and you know who JESSICA JONES appears in She Hulk, all I need is Cloak & Dagger to appear in something and I'll be truly happy.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If you know who KINGPIN appears in the upcoming Hawkeye episodes, and you know who MATT MURDOCK appears in Spider-Man, and you know who JESSICA JONES appears in She Hulk, all I need is Cloak & Dagger to appear in something and I'll be truly happy.
I'm hoping Punisher turns up somewhere (maybe Moon Knight lol), but they do have a nice slate of shows where these short cameos can theoretically happen. Its an exciting time to expand the MCU even further. I honestly thought all the rumors were false, but its looking more and more likely for a few of these to actually be true... exciting times indeed!

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Scott Lang and Co deserve it. Kind of glad that he is going to be much more front and center.
With how low-key the series has been, it's kind of cool that Ant-Man has had bigger importance in the broader scheme of things and the 3rd film is going to have bigger implications, if not being a surprisingly big film in its own right. It's fitting for the characters.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
To then bringing him back in Captain Marvel and still not doing anything interesting with him.

That was a weird thing. He's back for two scenes, mentions he'll go after Captain Marvel, which you would assume happens in the sequel, but now the sequel seems to take place in modern day.

I don't know where they'll try to fit in that plot point.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
New look at the Dr Strange MOM characters:

FFrNqi5WYAEZaYw

FFrNqzHXMAApJkj

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I always used his blue avatar to quickly find the thread in the threadlist lol. Guess I actually have read now.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the guy was constantly needlessly abrasive and was previously banned because he made really gross insinuations against those who were excited by the post credits scene in Venom 2. His first thread title for the Loki OT (that Neoxon honored because he was just posting it for him because he was, shock, banned at the time) was, for some reason, a sexist joke ("you mewling quim" is a Loki line, but it's not an appropriate title for an OT and has nothing to do with the show anyway), and the current dumb passive aggressive thread title for this topic (which I guess we're stuck with now) is I guess his legacy of being a bad troll.

In short, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm now taking suggestions for the title. I was thinking something that covers both Hawkeye & No Way Home.

I was thinking of being a bit more forward thinking.

"Who the **** are the Young Avengers?"

(This was the line J. Jonah Jameson used on the first page of Young Avengers #1 when Eli, Billy, Teddy, and Kid Kang were on the front page of the Daily Bugle. Because it's Jonah who said it, it's also a Spider-Man reference, lol.)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I was thinking of being a bit more forward thinking.

"Who the **** are the Young Avengers?"

(This was the line J. Jonah Jameson used on the first page of Young Avengers #1 when Eli, Billy, Teddy, and Kid Kang were on the front page of the Daily Bugle. Because it's Jonah who said it, it's also a Spider-Man reference, lol.)
Works for me, any objections?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Works for me, any objections?

I definitely get the idea of both being more forward-thinking and using a Young Avengers reference to tie that, but I'm wondering if a Daredevil reference would be more apropos, given the rumors of Kingpin and Daredevil in Hawkeye and NWH respectively.

I don't have any lines in particular beyond just spouting memes, but y'know.

EDIT: Or, alternate idea, the upcoming rumors are about pulling in Netflix MCU stuff, NWH is officially crossing over with the previous Spider-Man series, and MoM rumors suggest pulling from the FoX-verse as well, so maybe something meta-multiverse related?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I definitely get the idea of both being more forward-thinking and using a Young Avengers reference to tie that, but I'm wondering if a Daredevil reference would be more apropos, given the rumors of Kingpin and Daredevil in Hawkeye and NWH respectively.

I don't have any lines in particular beyond just spouting memes, but y'know.

EDIT: Or, alternate idea, the upcoming rumors are about pulling in Netflix MCU stuff, NWH is officially crossing over with the previous Spider-Man series, and MoM rumors suggest pulling from the FoX-verse as well, so maybe something meta-multiverse related?
I kinda don't want to tip the thread title's hand too much towards that since it hasn't been fully revealed yet. That plus the other part involves leaks.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.