• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone talk about the clips and I assumed it was officially released clips from Marvel. So I go to YouTube to search and BAM.

Some of those thumbnails look W.I.L.D. Also saw a fake one with X-Men 1 era Wolverine and Channing Tatum lol (It was real blurry) Didn't actually watch any tho.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The only place I'll be staying for the next week is in here. I've muted some rss feeds, some discords and will avoid both YouTube and Twitter like crazy. Sucks that I can't put my own 'Avengers 4 speculation' thread on ignore, but I've been avoiding it for some time so that's not gonna be a problem.

Good that I got me some books to read in my spare time.

Last edited:

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure by saying this I'll end up accidentally seeing the clips (not that I particularly care about spoilers), but I have no idea who people are following that they're constantly seeing stuff like this shared. I have to actively seek out spoilers if I want to see anything ahead of time.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure by saying this I'll end up accidentally seeing the clips (not that I particularly care about spoilers), but I have no idea who people are following that they're constantly seeing stuff like this shared. I have to actively seek out spoilers if I want to see anything ahead of time.
For Youtube it's easy to get fucked over by this, because if you've watched, say, the Endgame trailer then maybe the algorithm will automatically recommend you spoiler clips -- which, even if you don't click on them, maybe just the thumbnail chosen is spoilery. You don't have to go looking for it at all. Hell, it might just show up automatically on the front page.

But my Twitter is mostly news/politics, with a couple film blogs (that'd never openly spoil a movie like this anyway for fear of being super blacklisted) thrown in, so I'm not too worried about randomly having spoilers show up in my feed. That said, I've plugged about 30 Endgame related words into my muted words section lol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New TV spot. Going through all of the 22 movies. Endgame footage (there's a few new bits) starts at 1:55.

Variety also published a new piece on Kevin Feige today:

"Some of these films will feature characters that you already know," says the maddeningly tight-lipped Feige. "Some supporting characters will assume leading roles, while some new characters will be introduced. The reward for all of these films working is that we get to try to do it again and do it differently and learn from our mistakes and try something we haven't tried before."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's been making the rounds on Twitter already.

I haven't seen any of it, but my homie alerted me bout an hour ago. Luckily, I muted anything even slightly related to the Avengers last week.

Think I'll have to go mostly dark on Monday. We're close.

Finished Incredible Hulk tonight. Iron Man 2 and Thor tomorrow.

You're weak.
I didn't watch any of it. The thumbnails alone were enough to confirm. Stuff happens in this movie.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Damn you guys! I want to watch it soooo bad but I know i'll instantly regret it and hate myself.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Deleting my YouTube history to hopefully prevent seeing any thumbnails... but I'm sure I'll still get Endgame recommendations from all the other stuff Google collects from me.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Instagram's Explore function is also a bit of a minefield. Managed to stay pretty ignorant of most of it, and I'm confident in the assertion that marketing's only splurged on the first 20 minutes.

I don't know if I can be bothered to rewatch everything before next Wednesday though. Like there's so much, and so many films I just don't want to. And I feel like it's "all or nothing" in this case.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Instagram's Explore function is also a bit of a minefield. Managed to stay pretty ignorant of most of it, and I'm confident in the assertion that marketing's only splurged on the first 20 minutes.

I don't know if I can be bothered to rewatch everything before next Wednesday though. Like there's so much, and so many films I just don't want to. And I feel like it's "all or nothing" in this case.
At the very least i'd recommend a condensed viewing of the 5 essential films of Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War. Those should at least help jog your memory.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'll watch at least 9 movies this weekend alone. Doing 2 more tonight.

I'm a weirdo though.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
At the very least i'd recommend a condensed viewing of the 5 essential films of Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War. Those should at least help jog your memory.
I mean I eat sleep and breathe these movies, I think I've watched them over too many times!

I guess I really struggle with a lot of Phase 1&2. The MCU has really got a lot better and more consistent. Phase 3 is a dream, even Doctor Strange has grown on me.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I mean I eat sleep and breathe these movies, I think I've watched them over too many times!

I guess I really struggle with a lot of Phase 1&2. The MCU has really got a lot better and more consistent. Phase 3 is a dream, even Doctor Strange has grown on me.
If that's the case then yeah might not be worth the time. Phase 2 is filled with a lot movies that I just don't care to watch anymore and if it weren't for Winter Soldier and GotG i'd probably skip it altogether. Phase 3 on the other hand, as you said, is filled with nothing but quality and even the bottom 3 films are rewatchable enough that it doesn't feel like a chore.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Holy shit that video is pure hype.

Really? I know they're called The Avengers, but if their ambition were mere revenge it wouldn't make for a compelling film at all. "Thanos, you did something unspeakable, so now we're going to thump you extra hard in return" is school playground stuff and I don't think anybody would pay just to see Thanos die. They obviously need to do much more than this, but what that will be is being kept secret.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Really? I know they're called The Avengers, but if their ambition were mere revenge it wouldn't make for a compelling film at all. "Thanos, you did something unspeakable, so now we're going to thump you extra hard in return" is school playground stuff and I don't think anybody would pay just to see Thanos die. They obviously need to do much more than this, but what that will be is being kept secret.
I mean wiping out half of everybody isn't really a school playground crime but yeah I get your point. The catharsis will come, but not simply through violence and vengeance. That's never really been the core of the Avengers films anyway. If we look at the secondary threat to the main villain in each film; the nuke in Avengers 1 or the falling city in Avengers 2, it's always been about saving as many people as possible, whatever the cost, rather than punishing or doling out beatings (though those come too).

Honestly I do think they'll either beat or detain Thanos in the first half an hour, and it won't matter in the slightest.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'd like to think they're collectively a lot brighter than such an opening would suggest. I can just imagine sitting there with my eyes rolling for half an hour.
I could relate to the desperation. What else can they do in such circumstances? It'll also be an interesting narrative structural twist I guess, to see them fail again so soon after last time. They have to include some nugget of hope though because otherwise geez it's depressing.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Hey all, I am working on a personal project and would appreciate your help on rating each MCU Movie. The survey link goes to a Google form that lists every Marvel Cenimatic Universe film and a linear scale of 1-10. Simply rank each one 1 being bad, 10 being good. If you haven't seen the film, leave blank.

In one week I'll close the survey, and then compile the results into an infographic image. Ranking the films by either average score, or by total points... Haven't decided yet lol.

It does require a Google account, this is to limit only one response per user (unless you beat the system work two email addresses... You monster)

Here is the (LINK)

The infographic will obviously be posted once finished before Endgame

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I do think they'll either beat or detain Thanos in the first half an hour, and it won't matter in the slightest.
I hope this is the case too. I've never really thought Endgame is going to come down to a fist fight with Thanos but it hadn't occurred to me until the last trailer that maybe they legit kill him early on and then have to wrestle with the fact that Thanos being gone doesn't undo anything he did -- and have to figure out how to do that themselves.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I hope this is the case too. I've never really thought Endgame is going to come down to a fist fight with Thanos but it hadn't occurred to me until the last trailer that maybe them legit kill him early on and then have to wrestle with the fact that Thanos being gone doesn't undo anything he did -- and have to figure out how to do that themselves.
Or idea; Thanos takes his own life. Captain Marvel or someone essentially threatens to keep him alive until he cracks and he foregoes that eventuality by ducking out as a failsafe. The Infinity Gauntlet was more intricate to wield than simply snapping the fingers possibly.

Too dark? Sorry I shouldn't speculate in this thread. I'm just getting far too excited.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pls guys, let's not discuss here 😣

(The leaked videos that is. I guess speculation is ok)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like somebody who's seen the leaked footage could jump in here anytime and "speculate" about stuff. I'm super on edge now lol. Might as well put the thread on ignore, and see you on the other side.

deepqokkx.jpg

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is this real? I mean I assume they will do something like this, but is this official for sure? Just seems kinda early for something like this to be promoted.

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
I already own all blu-rays from Iron Man 1 through Infinity War individually with included digital codes for movies anywhere copies. And I have 4K starting with GotG2 and later (may want to upgrade GotG1 and Doctor Strange if a 4K blu ray comes out for those two). I think I will pick up the last 3 to complete the Infinity Saga and then probably just go to Disney+ for future movies (assuming Disney+ will be released with 4K HDR on Shield TV)

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even watching the recent official trailer (even though it's supposedly largely old MCU footage again).

So if we're speculating based on that, might be time I take my leave too. Or at least stop reading every post in here lol

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
That new TV spots confirms that I was right and Antman Vs The Wasp and Captain Marvel should have been released before Infinity War.
/s lol

Status
Not open for further replies.