• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Iron Man's quote about cap's optimism is new.
Yeah, you're right. We also hear Thor say "whatever it takes." That was not in the trailer.

New art of Mysterio from a Marvel Legends package:

mys0qkv3.png

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
The person who yelled "WHAT THE FUCK?" as the credits rolled was my hero.
Too funny.

It's been said many times before but the true brilliance is still framing Thanos as the protagonist. Completely changes the feel of the movie and helps it stand on it's own. The final scene with Thanos "watching the sun rise over a grateful universe" is one of my favorite endings ever.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Too funny.

It's been said many times before but the true brilliance is still framing Thanos as the protagonist. Completely changes the feel of the movie and helps it stand on it's own. The final scene with Thanos "watching the sun rise over a grateful universe" is one of my favorite endings ever.

Totally agree. "Thanos Will Return" at the very end gave me chills.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
An amazing achievement. Even though many comic book fans saw it coming, I will never forget the stone cold silence in the theater after the movie ended. The general public was in shock.

I seem to recall giggling a bit at the post credit sequence where Nick is cut off in the middle of a very short word. As for the "general public", I think people are quite savvy about how storytelling works.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I just realized that Tony says "that's the Endgame" in AoU too. Callback? Deeper meaning? Just coincidence?

I actually wish we'd see Ultron back in one form or another since I actually enjoyed his mannerisms and personality.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does it feel like Age of Ultron came out a lot longer then 4 years ago.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
I just realized that Tony says "that's the Endgame" in AoU too. Callback? Deeper meaning? Just coincidence?
That scene has more importance now after what happened in Infinity War. The whole thing was about creating an android because Tony believed they needed more people for the "endgame", i.e. threats that target the whole globe at once, and eventually for galaxy/universe level danger. And then the following dialogue:
Tony: How are you planning on beating that?
Steve: Together.
Tony: We'll lose.
Steve: Then we'll do that together too.
Can't wait to see these two reunited.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

I actually wish we'd see Ultron back in one form or another since I actually enjoyed his mannerisms and personality.
I still think Vision stowed away Ultron in his consciousness somewhere ("I don't want to kill Ultron; he's unique"), Banner said in IW that Vision was a complex mix of personalities, one of them Ultron. I reckon we'll see him return briefly as part of the attempts to bring Vision back, even if he's just a voice cameo.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
To think Avengers: Endgame premieres here tomorrow, but I'll wait till the 25th so I can bring a few people.

There's also a new TV spot out, but I'm hesitant embedding those here when they're not on Marvel's page. I'll place it in spoiler-tags just in case. I love engineering Rocket. And the last shot in it is interesting.

Also, why don't we ask for a Community Spotlight, so we can get an influx of new people?

Oh, and a better look at Spidey's new stealth suit:

stealthkgkl8.jpg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I had a guy like that in my theater who screamed what the fuck when Red Skull showed up.
I wasn't screaming, but I was also spouting a "holy shit" when Red Skull appeared. That was probably the most shocking, and best moment for me in Infinity War.

Scarlet Witch vs Proxima Midnight in Scotland is still my favorite battle of that film. It's so up-close and personal.

Last edited:

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
I probably shouldn't mention it until after the film comes out tbh.

Same, you never know what could show up. Today I spent some time watching the premiere red carpet stuff for Captain Marvel, and got some bad recommendations on the side: How Brie Is Ruining The MCU and a review called The MCUs First Real Mistake (which was 2 and a half hours long!)

Also watched the purple carpet stuff for Infinity War, and I laughed when Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly showed up, pretending to be in the film.
CM made a billy, Endgame is looking at 2 billion in the chamber. They gotta let this vendetta against her go, it's a waste of time. And in the end is just giving her free press.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
The Marvel accounts are tweeting every one of the MCU post-credit scenes in order. I shouldn't be this excited, but GOOD GOD IS IT THURSDAY YET?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching the movie Friday night. I can't believe we are almost there.

My MCU rewatch is almost done. I'll watch Infinity War Friday afternoon before I go out to watch Endgame. Trying to rewatch Marvel and GOT at the same time was nuts.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
this is the end of the MCU as we know it

at least with the original actors

they will probably start to cast younger people after EndGame.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm watching the movie Friday night. I can't believe we are almost there.

My MCU rewatch is almost done. I'll watch Infinity War Friday afternoon before I go out to watch Endgame. Trying to rewatch Marvel and GOT at the same time was nuts.
This weekend is going to be a painful one for many GOT and MCU fans. I was talking with some friends the other day and really we are all about to be a part of not one but two major milestone pop culture moments that will be talked about for decades/generations to come. It's going to be insane and i'll be able to say I was there for the ride!

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This weekend is going to be a painful one for many GOT and MCU fans. I was talking with some friends the other day and really we are all about to be a part of not one but two major milestone pop culture moments that will be talked about for decades/generations to come. It's going to be insane and i'll be able to say I was there for the ride!
For sure. A lot of people are going to bite it between GOT and Marvel. It's going to be heartbreaking. :(

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
The Red Skull appearance was legit. For all the theorizing and guessing prior to IW, I don't think anyone I came across thought Red Skull would show up. That was such a deep cut into the MCU's history and it totally made sense.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The Red Skull appearance was legit. For all the theorizing and guessing prior to IW, I don't think anyone I came across thought Red Skull would show up. That was such a deep cut into the MCU's history and it totally made sense.
I had predicted/guessed it on here in the weeks leading up to Infinity War which is why I reacted so excited when he showed up. I remember my girlfriend looking at me like a loon because I literally yelled "WHAT!" as soon as I heard the voice and knew who it was going to be.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i think what helped keep the red skull thing a surprise is that it was a diff actor playing him

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
The 4K versions of Winter Soldier and Civil War just showed up so color me pleased. I wish they'd release Doctor Strange in 4K already.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching infinity war again friday morning since I'm seeing endgame that night.

I already watched all the movies over, last one I'm going to watch in spiderman today just because

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah exactly. Going into Infinity War you knew Thanos would either snap or he wouldn't, characters would die or they'd live. Red Skull showing up was not something I thought was an option.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hey The Kree , what day are you posting the Avengers: Endgame OTs? I think there's about 24 hours till the first people will watch it. I know it premieres here in Scandinavia tomorrow. I think Germany too, not sure.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The week is upon us, kids

Still have all of phase 3 to go in my rewatch

Already given up eating and drinking this week to avoid going for a pee during the movie, might as well give up sleeping too

WE'RE IN THE END GAME NOW

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Stopping myself from watching all the new TV spots is proving to be more difficult then I had thought.

MUST RESIST....

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
The marketing for this movie is fascinating. An exercise in how many tv spots can we make with the same 4-5 scenes.

I still gobble them up just for a half of second of new dialogue or scene.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
How much total time out of 3 hours have we seen? 4 total minutes maybe? 5? They did a great job holding all the cards close to their vest this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.