• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Is this movie even any good? I have my doubts.

There's things in there you just don't see coming. That said, I think this movie is going to be great for MCU fans, but the general audience will prefer IW.
I don't want to call it fanservice-y, because it's done very well, but there's some stuff in there that caters to the die-hard fan more.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw CM for the second time in a sold out theatre. Loved it even more upon rewatch.

An old group of theater goers loved it and I heard them making plans to try and go see Avengers on Sunday. Poor souls, I don't think they realize they'll probably need pre-sales lol

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the standard two end credit scenes for Endgame? I know it's probably an obvious question, but I just want to confirm so I don't have to look online and potentially get spoiled.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Dicey business going to the Spoiler OT to put it on ignore.

Zerojul

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Took the day off and going to watch Endgame two hours from now. Just woke up but barely got any sleep. This level of hype is not healthy lol.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Found these on Twitter.

Do what you will with them.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
In 32 hours i'll be watching the trailers end and watching the opening scene!

I have a question for everyone, how would prefer the MCU handle the passing of torches for existing characters. Would you rather they retire the character indefinitely until they are ready for an entirely clean slate, have them recast the role with a new actor, or give the character's identity to a new person (ie. Iroman to Ironheart)?

Last edited:

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
55 hours until I'm in my seat and ready to be blown away.

I have a Friday night IMAX showing.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
We're in the endgame now.
Translation: A couple of hours until I go see Infinity War/Endgame double bill.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'M WATCHING THE MOVIE ON FRIDAY WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO TILL THEN AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
In 32 hours i'll be watching the trailers end and watching the opening scene!

I have a question for everyone, how would prefer the MCU handle the passing of torches for existing characters. Would you rather they retire the character indefinitely until they are ready for an entirely clean slate, have them recast the role with a new actor, or give the character's identity to a new person (ie. Iroman to Ironheart)?
I'd be fine with them passing the hero name to someone else, but I don't want to see any of the characters recast.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'd be fine with them passing the hero name to someone else, but I don't want to see any of the characters recast.
Thank you for responding lol I figured this thread would slow down due to people worried about spoilers but it's basically dead now.
I agree with you, i'd rather see them pass the hero name and leave room for small cameos every now and then from the OG's.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two things that bug me about the world-building of the MCU:

1) The amazing tech never trickles down to other sectors that could help the populace. There are so many crazy things that would revolutionize medicine alone.

2) What's up with religion in this universe? Wouldn't the existence and confirmation of supernatural powerful beings, of gods and the god-like, shake everyone's way of life, especially their faith?

Cap believes in a Christian god in Avengers. Does he still?

Thor and the Asgardians might as well be gods for real, not just aliens. I mean, look at what Hela can do!

You have the Panther God, 100% real in the universe. There is a confirmed afterlife in the MCU.

Then you have all these other super crazy god-like beings running around and blowing shit up for the better part of a decade. Are we still waiting for Jesus?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

1) The amazing tech never trickles down to other sectors that could help the populace. There are so many crazy things that would revolutionize medicine alone.

2) What's up with religion in this universe? Wouldn't the existence and confirmation of supernatural powerful beings, of gods and the god-like, shake everyone's way of life, especially their faith?

Thor and the Asgardians might as well be gods for real, not just aliens. I mean, look at what Hela can do!

You have the Panther God, 100% real in the universe. There is a confirmed afterlife in the MCU.

Then you have all these other super crazy god-like being running around and blowing shit up for the better part of a decade. Are we still waiting for Jesus?
Look at this way, with all that crazy shit being confirmed and real then does the story of Jesus really sound that crazy?
I agree with you on the tech side though. Like Wakanda is so advanced that they could probably have fixed Rhodey's served spine in a day but don't just because? Stark could single handily solve many issues for the world but just doesn't. Guess it's better to not think about it otherwise the world would be perfect.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at this way, with all that crazy shit being confirmed and real then does the story of Jesus really sound that crazy?
I agree with you on the tech side though. Like Wakanda is so advanced that they could probably have fixed Rhodey's served spine in a day but don't just because? Stark could single handily solve many issues for the world but just doesn't. Guess it's better to not think about it otherwise the world would be perfect.
Yeah, the tech thing is by far a bigger bother.

Tony alone could solve housing, food distribution, transportation, beat cancer and apparently any other disease (Extremis!) and all without causing collateral damage. He doesn't even have to do it himself, just share his tech with those industries.

I get Wakanda being able to handwave that away due to their isolation but now that are sharing with the world THEY HAVE MAGIC BEADS THAT CAN HEAL WOUNDS ON THE SPOT.

At this point in the MCU the entire world should look like Walt's original vision for EPCOT Center.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, the tech thing is by far a bigger bother.

Tony alone could solve housing, food distribution, transportation, beat cancer and apparently any other disease (Extremis!) and all without causing collateral damage. He doesn't even have to do it himself, just share his tech with those industries.

I get Wakanda being able to handwave that away due to their isolation but now that are sharing with the world THEY HAVE MAGIC BEADS THAT CAN HEAL WOUNDS ON THE SPOT.

At this point in the MCU the entire world should look like Walt's original vision for EPCOT Center.
Right, he was able to figure out extremis half drunk and on a cocktail napkin, he could cure all modern diseases in a week. I have thought about that but then I realize that if that were the case the Earth would be this Utopia and would lead to a boring story. To be fair though, Tony has been going through a lot of the last few years so perhaps he just can't focus on anything else except Ironman and the Avengers and has had tunnel vision on that only.

I will say, if Rhodey is still paralyzed at the beginning of Endgame then i'm going to be giving some serious side-eye to Wakanda's triage center lol
"GET THIS MAN SOME LEGS"

Edit: A subtle things I missed but now see after watching Civil War again, when Sam is dusted, Rhodey is calling out for him which is nice callback since it is partly Sam's fault for him being paralyzed. Didn't really put two and two together before with that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Then you have all these other super crazy god-like beings running around and blowing shit up for the better part of a decade. Are we still waiting for Jesus?
I'm pretty sure Cap still does. Anyone would still belive it. Thor has been referred to as an alien plenty times.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Asgardians aren't gods in the religious sense for real. Loki cracks a joke about it in the first Thor ("show up on Midgard, make lightning shoot from your fingertips, and the mortals worship you for centuries").

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The Asgardians aren't gods in the religious sense for real. Loki cracks a joke about it in the first Thor ("show up on Midgard, make lightning shoot from your fingertips, and the mortals worship you for centuries").

Yes yes, i realize this, but wouldn't you extrapolate that as "maybe all gods are just aliens (including Jesus)" or "the Norse religion is justified with living evidence but other religions are not" or "all religions are real?"

Like, I guess I just don't know how one keeps on going thinking their religion is the only true religion in the MCU age of miracles.

Also, the whole Asgardian god/alien thing is so confused. They still refer to themselves as Gods. "Are you the god of hammers? No, you're the god of thunder," or "Hela is the Goddess of Death."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yes yes, i realize this, but wouldn't you extrapolate that as "maybe all gods are just aliens (including Jesus)" or "the Norse religion is justified with living evidence but other religions are not" or "all religions are real?"

Like, I guess I just don't know how one keeps on going thinking their religion is the only true religion in the MCU age of miracles.

Also, the whole Asgardian god/alien thing is so confused. They still refer to themselves as Gods. "Are you the god of hammers? No, you're the god of thunder," or "Hela is the Goddess of Death."
While they refer to themselves as gods (small g) even Odin knows they aren't real Gods. He says this is TDK "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Personally? No.

I feel like "god" the way they use it on Asgard is either a) just a title, or b) a case of them picking up things from Earth.

Even Ego, the living planet (and living embodiment of his namesake) makes sure the Guardians know he's a god "with a little g".

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just saw it.

It happened. We got a tv show reference!
I don't believe you.

First: yeah, shit's whack.
Second: we saw a "Korean Church of Asgard" in Spider-Man: Homecoming. And yes, the Aesir/Asgardians are gods. They have affinities with aspects of reality and magical powers.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I hope once Endgame is out they release the MCU collection in a box in the shape of the infinity gaunlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.