• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think they will introduce the Avengers Mansion in Phase 4?
Feels like it's the right time when both the Avengers Tower and facility is no more after what happened post Civil War and Endgame.
I really hope so. Give our heroes something comfy. I loved that dinner room in the tower. And I'm glad the compound is gone, cause it was such a boring place visually at least.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Do you guys think they will introduce the Avengers Mansion in Phase 4?
Feels like it's the right time when both the Avengers Tower and facility is no more after what happened post Civil War and Endgame.

Maybe they should go for something more like a secret, reinforced cave. Stuff above ground doesn't seem to be working out for them and sooner or later the insurers are going to notice and put the renewal rates sky high.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't The Avengers had an under water base at some point in the comics? They could use that.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool's a tricky one. Due to the timing they're definitely going to want to strike while the Reynolds Deadpool money is hot, but considering they're also holding off on X-Men for a time... I dunno, we'll see what happens.

I could see Cable also being safe.
I thought Brolin would be different enough as Cable in DP2 before I saw it but afterwards I don't think that's happening at all. I couldn't not see Thanos.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hadnt even thought about Brolin being Cable and Thanos being an issue. Damnit, I love Cable and was looking forward to more of him. I guess they can recast him whenever they eventually get to the point where they want to do something with the character.

I kinda dont want them too though. Brolin did a great job and I dont want to wait damnit.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cloak & Dagger with more Luke Cage references. Name dropped Karen Page too.

Can't tell if that makes me happy or sad.

The one Fox character that will survive the merger being the character Fox least wanted anything to do with warms my heart.

(Zazie better be safe motherfuckers, her literal power is luck)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Charles Murphy talked on his latest podcast about a Wandavision rumor which he took by two sources. Basically that Scarlet Witch will get her full reality-warping powers throughout the show. He has also heard that the show is supposed to have a 50s aesthetic opposed to what Lizzie said of it being set in the actual 50s.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Charles Murphy talked on his latest podcast about a Wandavision rumor which he took by two sources. Basically that Scarlet Witch will get her full reality-warping powers throughout the show. He has also heard that the show is supposed to have a 50s aesthetic opposed to what Lizzie said of it being set in the actual 50s.

She never did say it was set in the fifties. That's was just some idiotic clickbait.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
She never did say it was set in the fifties. That's was just some idiotic clickbait.
She did though. It's literally in the video I posted on the last page. "They showed a photo of us in the 50s." You can interpret it multiple ways sure, but she's playing along with teasing it as a show set in that decade.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
She did though. It's literally in the video I posted on the last page. "They showed a photo of us in the 50s." You can interpret it multiple ways sure, but she's playing along with teasing it as a show set in that decade.

I said this a few pages back, but my impression is that Olsen just used inexact wording when speaking off-the-cuff to describe the concept art (when what she meant was "they showed a photo of us dressed like a 1950s sitcom couple"), and various news outlets and other folks chose to interpret that too literally. I don't think she actually meant to tease a literal 1950s setting, misleadingly or otherwise.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

She's comparing it to couples sitcoms like I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners. I don't think anybody expects it to be a comedy or set in the fifties, it's the couples aesthetic she's referring to.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
According to Iron Man 3 screenwriter Drew Pearce, Emilia Clarke was going to be in the film before the script underwent rewrites.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I've been guessing would be the premise due to the setting we've been told and since
I think that may be the way she is able to not only "bring back" Vision, but how they may get to have the two of them have kids. I also think it seems likely that all the Disney+ shows we've heard about are potentially setting up a Young Avengers, since a lot of the line up in the comics as well as what characters are getting shows fit too perfectly: Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Patriot (which might also help set up the Thunderbolts), WandaVision - Wiccan and Speed (maybe they end up creating the West Coast Avengers out in San Francisco by Hank, Scott, Hope, and Janet), Loki - Kid Loki, and Hawkeye - supposedly training Kate Bishop as the next Hawkeye

I don't know how they would explain Wanda's powers suddenly expanding to reality warping, but I had always hoped that she'd get a hold of the Reality Stone/Aether (since it's the same color as her powers in the movies) to be able to do it. There is certainly potential for some link there that makes it possible to give her those powers so it's also a one-off rather than cranking up her powers so much that that's it's hard for them to justify why she doesn't use those powers more often. At this point, even her lack of mind control/mind reading after Age of Ultron stands out, so finding a way to give her the power without also making it a permanent part of her power set seems like a good solution.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I'm so incredibly excited for this movie.

Anyway, I really hope that in 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' that they make Bucky's arm really feel mechanical. Like the Russos did in The Winter Soldier, and I think Civil War. It really felt like a strong ass mechanical piece of arm in those films. And that they give him lots of knives, and the mask.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
One Marvel property that's been mentioned multiple times over the years as something Marvel Studios could adapt is Power Pack. The kid-team of superheroes created by Louise Simonson in 1984 has always been one that Marvel could adapt into a movie and TV show, and even last year Kevin Feige talked about them during the Avengers: Infinity War press junket commenting on how fun it would be to do someday.

Well, it seems like Kevin Feige likes fun because according do a very reliable source, a Power Pack project is now in "active development" within Marvel Studios. I need to be clear that it's not certain if this will be a full-fledged theatrical film, or a series on Disney+. The kid superhero theme of Power Pack definitely would fit in well with Disney+, so I wouldn't be shocked if it popped up there.
Not surprising, Feige's been talking about wanting to do something with Power Pack for a long time
And when are we changing the thread name to The Marvel Cinematic
Multiverse
?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It seems we are back into the "Avatar's highest grossing film of all time record is safe" mode again. Today Box Office Mojo updated The Avengers: Endgame's estimated numbers for both the domestic and foreign numbers. We won't have the actuals to either before this Tuesday, I believe, but currently the estimates have Endgame at estimated $1,879,300,000 overseas and $798,172,736 domestic. I think it's far from the hour to throw the towel just yet.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $798,172,736 29.8% (Weekend Estimate)
Foreign: $1,879,300,000 70.2% (Weekend Estimate)

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,677,472,736.

This means that it needs estimated $110.492.351 to top Avatar.

Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2019.htm

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
It seems we are back into the "Avatar's highest grossing film of all time record is safe" mode again. Today Box Office Mojo updated The Avengers: Endgame's estimated numbers for both the domestic and foreign numbers. We won't have the actuals to either before this Tuesday, I believe, but currently the estimates have Endgame at estimated $1,879,300,000 overseas and $798,172,736 domestic. I think it's far from the hour to throw the towel just yet.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $798,172,736 29.8% (Weekend Estimate)
Foreign: $1,879,300,000 70.2% (Weekend Estimate)

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,677,472,736.

This means that it needs estimated $110.492.351 to top Avatar.

Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2019.htm
Man this is crazy close

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I think it's far from the hour to throw the towel just yet.

I agree. There was a lot of understandable enthusiasm on box office threads for an Avatar-busting $3 billion plus worldwide revenue during the early days of the Endgame release. Now that excitement has died down, and the film landscape looks a lot more healthy than it did earlier this year before the Captain Marvel and Endgame releases. It's just a matter of time and arithmetic.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
aladdin took a lot of screens from avengers, it looks like.

disney fucking itself over here (yeah yeah I know they own avatar too but you know what I mean). aladdin killing avengers' screens, then toy story soon after, then lion king...

this is the most stacked summer from one studio of all time, all because they want to have a shit load of shit ready for the launch of disney+.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
aladdin took a lot of screens from avengers, it looks like.

disney fucking itself over here (yeah yeah I know they own avatar too but you know what I mean). aladdin killing avengers' screens, then toy story soon after, then lion king...

The revenue all goes towards the company, and only we nerds and dweebs care about box office minutiae. Current market conditions favour frequent high value releases with a rapid reclamation of investment, and that's the sector Disney currently dominates. You don't want to push cinemas to keep showing Endgame when a newer film from your studio will attract a higher audience.

Additionally, I believe cinemas get more of the revenue in later parts of the first run. Dweebs and nerds like you and me may look at the final total and use it as an approximation of the film's worth, but a lacklustre performance by a newly released film is worth far more to the studio and the distributor in terms of ticket dollars than a world record performance by a film that's been out for months. The cinemas get a large share of the latter.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Buried on the Brightburn coverage on THR, James Gunn confirmed that he will be working in other Marvel Studios after Vol. 3:

In addition to Brightburn, Gunn produced Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame so he could advise on how those films tackled the Guardians of the Galaxy and the cosmic side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel is continuing to explore its cosmic elements with the upcoming Eternals film, which has led fans to speculate that Gunn would lend his talents as a producer.

Gunn is hesitant to discuss his future projects, but when asked if he plans on continuing to produce for Marvel, he indicated he would.

"I'll keep producing stuff. I think at the end of the day, producing something like this [Brightburn], where I really was on set every single day and working with Dave [Yarovesky, director] and working with Elizabeth and trying to make this movie, is a little bit more fulfilling in some ways than what I do with — say Marvel — where I'm giving notes on scripts and helping them out with the character and guiding an overall thing."
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-he-will-produce-future-marvel-movies-1213378

Here is hoping his Thunderbolts rumored project also happen after Squad and Vol. 3

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

....what's the reason for his confusion? lol

Or more specifically, what is he even hinting at? We all know that like ManaByte told us once the deal was done he doesn't really know what are the plans for the character, but we also know that regardless how much of a prick the dude can be, he does hear stuff living in LA. So... what is he even hinting at, if he is even hinting it at all?

EDIT: Saw his twitter feed and he seems to be implying that Disney and Sony might not cut a deal for Spider-Man in the <CU at all. I call bollocks on that. It only benefits both studios to keep this going, and after Endgame, you can even argue that
Sony could say that all these films they are making are part of the multiverse and they could even go with a different Spider-Man on those films.

Last edited:

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
People on my Twitter feed have been posting loads of old Werewolf by Night covers, I have a new most-wanted Phase 4 movie

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Or more specifically, what is he even hinting at? We all know that like ManaByte told us once the deal was done he doesn't really know what are the plans for the character, but we also know that regardless how much of a prick the dude can be, he does hear stuff living in LA. So... what is he even hinting at, if he is even hinting it at all?

EDIT: Saw his twitter feed and he seems to be implying that Disney and Sony might not cut a deal for Spider-Man in the <CU at all. I call bollocks on that. It only benefits both studios to keep this going, and after Endgame, you can even argue that
Sony could say that all these films they are making are part of the multiverse and they could even go with a different Spider-Man on those films.

He's playing up to his fans. He doesn't have a seat at the table with the Deadpool movies anymore. He doesn't know anything. Holland's contract WITH MARVEL is for six movies.

People on my Twitter feed have been posting loads of old Werewolf by Night covers, I have a new most-wanted Phase 4 movie

It's going to be on Hulu most likely along with Ghost Rider, Helstrom, Glyph, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.