• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
So Tom Holland is gonna be playing spiderman until he's 32 huh? He's 22 now. The next 10 years are gonna be great to watch him grow up and becoming like the lead in the avengers aside from Brie.
I certainly hope so, and I'll be irked if Sony spoils that somehow. The prospect of seeing him mature and grow into the role (both in the films and in performance) is truly appealing.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly hope so, and I'll be irked if Sony spoils that somehow. The prospect of seeing him mature and grow into the role (both in the films and in performance) is truly appealing.
Yes it is. I used to didn't like him as spiderman because he was just a kid but if we get to watch him become an adult and go through college and graduate then work in the bugle thats going to be insane!

edit: He's gonna add muscle too

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yes it is. I used to didn't like him as spiderman because he was just a kid but if we get to watch him become an adult and go through college and graduate then work in the bugle thats going to be insane!
Hopefully we'll get the whole gamut. It'd be nice to have;
  • Far From Home
  • Another team up film (New Avengers or something smaller scale)
  • Third Spider-Man film
And honestly wherever they want to go from there. I just hope they keep Holland on.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Two new stills from Spider-Man: Far From Home has been released:

13zj8e.jpg

2v2j5t.jpg

Peter Parker and his friends - including his crush MJ - go on a class trip through Europe, where Peter has to swing into action as Spidey with the arrival of the mysterious Mysterio and a bunch of elemental-powered supervillains. "The thing about Peter Parker that makes him so relatable is that nothing is ever easy," Watts says. "He really just wants to have this simple, normal, relaxed vacation where the thing he should be most worried about is whether or not MJ actually likes him back."

Last edited:

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
How will bumping up spiderman affect the Box Office? Seems like a bad move IMO, I figure most folks would wait until the weekend.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
How will bumping up spiderman affect the Box Office? Seems like a bad move IMO, I figure most folks would wait until the weekend.
It now has the entire 4th of July weekend in the US. That ups the opening week total quite a bit. Despicable Me 2 grossed 143M in 5 days the last time the 4th was a Thursday; making 59.5M of it on Wednesday and Thursday. Those 2 extra days help.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Rewatching Incredible Hulk, why do Banner and Hulk have different haircuts and why have I never noticed.

Also when he does the Thunderclap that is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017

According to the same poll, a robust 49% of the Millennials surveyed said they are planning a full-on Marvel movie binge this weekend.

FandangoNOW, the video streaming service from Fandango, has logged a 50% increase in transactions for Marvel Cinematic Universe movies during the past two weeks

Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie) has also written a piece about Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) for the Time 100 most influential people.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a character in Eternals. They're looking to cast an openly gay actor for it.
Oh they're looking for an actual real gay person? Thats whats up, not that I know larson or thompsons sexual orientation but thats cool.

Something people dont give marvel enough credit for is diversity. So many White comicbook characters that are other ethnicity in the movies. It probably helps with the appeal of the movies and why they are so popular.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Oh they're looking for an actual real gay person? Thats whats up, not that I know larson or thompsons sexual orientation but thats cool.

For what it's worth, Tessa Thompson is out bisexual. Brie Larson doesn't discuss her private life though she lived with a man for several years and was engaged from 2016-2019.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Tessa Thompson is out bisexual. Brie Larson doesn't discuss her private life though she lived with a man for several years and was engaged from 2016-2019.
Ooooo thats cool. I liked the chemistry from thor and danvers in that little clip but brie and tessa really just seem to enjoy being friends its nice to feel like that.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie) has also written a piece about Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) for the Time 100 most influential people.

Also!
(FandangoNOW, Fandango's streaming service, will launch a holiday weekend sale on MCU titles to help Millennials with their superhero marathons.)

For those wanting to do a rewatch for the cheap. Sale prices probably start tomorrow.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like these Thor 4 pitch and Hemmsworth down for more Thor news are just them trying divert the attention from the fact that Thor will die in Endgame.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these Thor 4 pitch and Hemmsworth down for more Thor news are just them trying divert the attention from the fact that Thor will die in Endgame.

I mean, he's Asgardian, and a God, and cycles of death and rebirth are not uncommon with Asgardians and Gods, so even if he dies...

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This slipped through my filters cause there's nothing typed in the damn tweet lmao but ajshjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjd it's what I suspected.

Ok, bye.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I hope we get more Thor because Hemsworth is totally down for more. Hopefully that pitch Tessa mentioned was accepted.

Rewatching the first Avengers, pre-Ragnarok Thor really is so different. I didn't have any issue with him at the time, but Ragnarok and Infinity War really highlighted how much more boring Thor used to be.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Only six movies left to go to complete my MCU rewatch. Can't believe we're just one week away holy shit.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys,

I plan to go see Endgame with my sister and nephew, but I haven't been to a theater since Finding Dory, and the only showing that still has seats that aren't at the very front is Imax 3D, which will be a new experience as well.

I would like some opinion, which area is better for IMAX 3D? The side seats after the wheelchair accommodation area or the center-ish seats just below the accommodation area? We'd like to sit next to each other.

https://i.imgur.com/t643cqs.png

Thanks in advance!

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I plan to go see Endgame with my sister and nephew, but I haven't been to a theater since Finding Dory, and the only showing that still has seats that aren't at the very front is Imax 3D, which will be a new experience as well.

I would like some opinion, which area is better for IMAX 3D? The side seats after the wheelchair accommodation area or the center-ish seats just below the accommodation area? We'd like to sit next to each other.

Thanks in advance!

Personally I would wait a day to see it imax 2d.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Personally I would wait a day to see it imax 2d.
Literally going home for a weekend in the middle of school quarter just to watch this with them, and Imax 2D showings over that weekend have all been booked, except the front row seats. lol

The only other option is a RealD3D showing that has middle, main section seats but IDK how that format compares to IMAX 3D.

Would definitely prefer 2D format though.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I would go behind the accommodation area and to the side. For IMAX, I prefer to sit further away from the screen even if it's off to the side.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
just watched iron man 3 and thor the dark world

time for winter soldier

WE'RE IN THE END GAME NOW

SLEEP OPTIONAL

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
After rewatching Winter Soldier, I feel like there should have been a Cap movie between it and Civil War. Cap and Falcon tracking down Bucky against the remnants of Hydra or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.