• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney+ MCU News: Falcon/Winter Soldier, WandaVision, more

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hayley voicing Peggy? IF NOT I WILL BURN IT ALL DOWN.
We don't know yet. I would love it if they could persuade the MCU actors to reprise their roles for What If's, but that would probably require one hell of a payday.

They've said this before, but it's exciting to imagine the future MCU crossing over between shows and movies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Ah crap, that's a much longer wait for WandaVision and Loki than I had expected:

That'll be 2021.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
tbh if Feige is heavily involved I don't mind if they take their time with these Disney+ shows

There's only so much bandwidth one man could have, the last thing anyone wants is for him to be burned out.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The logistics of expecting audiences to watch these shows is gonna be wildly unprecedented.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ah crap, that's a much longer wait for WandaVision and Loki than I had expected:

That'll be 2021.

"Year two" could be late next year, but I'm surprised that Loki isn't going into production sooner given that it was announced first.

it's also possible that the Hawkeye show could get fast-tracked for year one, who knows

Or maybe that rumored Sif show is real after - ahahahahahahahahaha no chance in hell

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I would be extremely interested in Marvel Studio's take on what if Coulson didn't die in the Avengers.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just noticed Agent Carter in the Marvel section in the overview video. Can we expect Agents of SHIELD as well?

Oct 25, 2017
Did we get a logo for Wandavision?

Just shop Wanda over Spectra and that's that

Spectravision_header.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really unsold on the Disney+ shows at this point. I like that I can follow only the films and feel completely up to date on everything. Either the shows are going to be required watching or they're going to be unimportant side stories, and I don't know if I care for either outcome.

TrickyPhysics

Oct 28, 2017
Just as a heads up, it seems like there may have been a legitimate leak (I can't verify because I'm avoiding the spoiler thread like the plague now, but I did see heavy spoilers under spoiler tags being discussed in it just now). If you're the type to avoid the Internet completely heading into release day, you may want to start now, assuming this is legit.

Maybe someone who is in both threads can confirm, but I just wanted to get out ahead of it to be cautious.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just as a heads up, it seems like there may have been a legitimate leak (I can't verify because I'm avoiding the spoiler thread like the plague now, but I did see heavy spoilers under spoiler tags being discussed in it just now). If you're the type to avoid the Internet completely heading into release day, you may want to start now, assuming this is legit.

Maybe someone who is in both threads can confirm, but I just wanted to get out ahead of it to be cautious.
I already have my Twitter account prepped to dodge spoilers just in case.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Certainly seems like that thread has turned from speculation to straight up spoilers.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Someone came into the spoiler thread claiming they have seen the movie and is dropping potentially the ultimate spoilers of the movie.

So yeah, no confirmation if it's bullshit or not, but we're in the endgame now.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Hey remember that banner thing?

WXVCEYt.png

It still exists. Removed New Warriors since that died, divided by streaming service/network, added Phase Four. Still missing a couple of novels, that I know of Higher, Further, Faster. and Starforce on the Rise.

Anything missing or suggestions are appreciated.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

WXVCEYt.png

It still exists. Removed New Warriors since that died, divided by streaming service/network, added Phase Four. Still missing a couple of novels, that I know of Higher, Further, Faster. and Starforce on the Rise.

With Disney+ maybe it's time to cut Marvel TV loose from all that.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Guardians 3 and Strange 2 is as official as anything post Far From Home, might as well add them.

And we are gonna have to adopt some Star Wars-style tiers of canon. Cause the Disney+ stuff about to be more canon than any of the other TV stuff that came before it.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

WXVCEYt.png

The novels you are missing are Starforce on the rise, Heroes' Journey: Ant-man and the Wasp, and The Pirate Angel, the Talking Tree and Captain Rabbit.

I don't think Higher, Further, Faster is part of the series.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Someone came into the spoiler thread claiming they have seen the movie and is dropping potentially the ultimate spoilers of the movie.

So yeah, no confirmation if it's bullshit or not, but we're in the endgame now.
Damn, this is it

Thread ignored, Twitter keywords muted, Facebook is just getting 100% avoided

Full lockdown until the 26th

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm really unsold on the Disney+ shows at this point. I like that I can follow only the films and feel completely up to date on everything. Either the shows are going to be required watching or they're going to be unimportant side stories, and I don't know if I care for either outcome.

The Hydra plot in Winter Soldier apparently dovetails with certain Agents of Shield episodes. I don't think anybody except die-hard fans felt obliged to watch the television show on that account.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

glad I put that thread on ignore. Checked anyway but avoided the actual spoilers

The one thing I saw of note was that

there supposedly aren't any credits scenes, which would be disappointing even if it makes sense with the film serving as something of a capstone to the first decade-plus of the MCU

The Hydra plot in Winter Soldier apparently dovetails with certain Agents of Shield episodes. I don't think anybody except die-hard fans felt obliged to watch the television show on that account.

Not the same thing, given that Feige has promised that there will be actual, two-way continuity with the films, not just the one-way film->TV continuity of early seasons of AoS. Though what that actually means in practice... well, we'll find out over the next few years.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Marvel TV is gonna be pretty messy canonically. It's gonna get even worse when, a few years from now, Daredevil gets his own movie or Disney+ show or whatever that completely ignores the Netflix series.

ABC stuff is high tier. Netflix stuff is low tier. Everything else is nebulously in-between.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Not the same thing, given that Feige has promised that there will be actual, two-way continuity with the films, not just the one-way film->TV continuity of early seasons of AoS. Though what that actually means in practice... well, we'll find out over the next few years.

We've had years to know where that leads. Nowhere, the film division pretends the tv branch doesn't exist while the shows drift between softly being impacted by the movies (AoS) to ignoring the films altogether.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
We've had years to know where that leads. Nowhere, the film division pretends the tv branch doesn't exist while the shows drift between softly being impacted by the movies (AoS) to ignoring the films altogether.
Yes but now they are run under the same house when before the tv and movie department were basically Timmy Turner's Dad and Dinkleberg.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yes but now they are run under the same house when before the tv and movie department were basically Timmy Turner's Dad and Dinkleberg.

The Disney+ shows are under the same house and under Fiege's personal direction the rest of the tv branch is continuing (minus Netflix) where that will remain the status quo. And whatever happens with New Warriors.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's going to be interesting to see how they take a lot of the actors/characters off the table when Endgame is done. You can't really kill them all off but of course during the next inevitable global catastrophe we'll be wondering where they are.

Still though, if in 20 years the MCU is still going and we see an older Chris Evans walk out from the shadows for th first time since Endgame it'll all be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.