• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I keep looking at the professor hulk scenes and thinking despite Bruce's lines of "I thought he was a disease, but he was actually the cure" and "best of both worlds" lines, he basically murdered the hulk personality.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why it took me so long to realize the connection between Donald Glover in Homecoming and Miles' uncle in Spider-Verse

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why it took me so long to realize the connection between Donald Glover in Homecoming and Miles' uncle in Spider-Verse

I only found out about it because I was reading about Miles and his Uncle on Wikipedia after seeing Spider-Verse and it mentioned that his uncle had been played by Donald Glover in the MCU.

I was like, "Wait... What?"

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I only found out about it because I was reading about Miles and his Uncle on Wikipedia after seeing Spider-Verse and it mentioned that his uncle had been played by Donald Glover in the MCU.

I was like, "Wait... What?"

Yeah, I got that from Wikipedia too. I knew about Miles in the vague sense that he's a black hispanic teenager who becomes an iteration of Spider-Man, but at that point I didn't realize he and Peter were part of the same continuity. It's a very cool Easter egg in the film. More recently I watched Into the Spiderverse, which isn't bad.

I'm not a fan of adult Spider-Man to be honest. I mean as a character I only know of him as that liminal character, the man-boy learning to live with the weird crap adolescence does to the male body and mind. But in general I enjoyed seeing Spiderverse, because we get so much more of that. Even if I do get a bit freaked out by those scary intimations of adult disillusion. That's very dark stuff.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I like Zendaya a lot as Michelle, but it's so weird there's probably going to be no Mary Jane Watson in the MCU.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I like Zendaya a lot as Michelle, but it's so weird there's probably going to be no Mary Jane Watson in the MCU.

I sort of understand Mary Jane in the Raimi universe. She's a fairly obvious Lois Lane analogue. MJ in the MCU seems a bit more interesting to me, mainly because she's a friend of Peter without being saddled with the girlfriend role so far (I haven't yet seen Far from Home.) Does the MCU need Spider-Man to have a girlfriend? Does it even need him to be heterosexual?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Does it even need him to be heterosexual?
According to Marvel, yes.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.png

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I sort of understand Mary Jane in the Raimi universe. She's a fairly obvious Lois Lane analogue. MJ in the MCU seems a bit more interesting to me, mainly because she's a friend of Peter without being saddled with the girlfriend role so far (I haven't yet seen Far from Home.) Does the MCU need Spider-Man to have a girlfriend? Does it even need him to be heterosexual?

I liked MJ in the comics but after one movie she's already more interesting than standard MJ.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind what they're doing with MJ in the MCU but it's kinda weird to me to even have her be Mary Jane to begin with. Just have her be Michelle. A new love interest and friend.

Having the MJ reveal out of nowhere seemed pretty forced and fan servicy.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
That seems so weird to me. Its like they left themselves an out if there was a fan backlash or something.
They should just accept that there'd be backlash (and there was anyway). They should just stick to their guns because as the past several years have shown, those bigots who make a stink about "forced diversity" will end up spending the money on nerd culture anyway. Those anti-SJW types don't have the principles to act out a potent boycott in the first place. Black Panther and Captain Marvel still made money despite the deluge of bullshit from bigoted nerds. These companies need to internalized that and stay the course on making diversity a priority.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been reading online that the director said Keaton isn't in FFH. Is this true? That would be a bummer
I don't believe it

They should just accept that there'd be backlash (and there was anyway). They should just stick to their guns because as the past several years have shown, those bigots who make a stink about "forced diversity" will end up spending the money on nerd culture anyway. Those anti-SJW types don't have the principles to act out a potent boycott in the first place. Black Panther and Captain Marvel still made money despite the deluge of bullshit from bigoted nerds. These companies need to internalized that and stay the course on making diversity a priority.
They could have cast Zendaya as Mary Jane Watson too though.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Of course there won't be.

She's MJ. They changed her name or whatever, but she's her.

What if some were returned outside the prison by accident? Like they were on a prison bus during a transfer and were plopped back on the road where they disappeared?

This is 100% gonna end up a thing, prolly in a Spidey flick 😂

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sort of off topic, but I didn't know where to ask this.

If you were going to team up Eddie Brock Venom with another super hero and have abilities that would work well with Venom's abilities, who would it be?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Far From Home needs to end with a message from Tony to Peter that he learned a long time ago that with great power comes great responsibility.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching Infinity War and there's a scene on Titan when Tony is trying to plan out the strategy with the Guardians for taking down Thanos. I realized it's him trying to act like Captain America in his absence. So many subtleties in the writing of the Russo movies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Status
Not open for further replies.