• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
According to Marvel, yes.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.png
Nothing's stopping the movies from changing that.

Oct 31, 2017
Nothing's stopping the movies from changing that.
But they might not want to try a gay Peter just yet. With the Spiderverse there are other ways of addressing representation that are easier on the canon.

Breach of contract stops Sony from trying to divert from any of those points. It's pretty clear what the contract says and Sony will abide by it unless they want to risk possibly losing the license.

Oct 31, 2017
Sony probably cannot but Marvel Studios can.

Sony owns the license rights, even with MS producing. Sony would veto anything that strays from the contract unless said contract is amended.

EDIT: To be clear, you are not going to get a gay Peter Parker. You wouldn't get a gay Peter Parker if Marvel owned the movie rights either. As the other poster said there are ways to address representation that would be easier with the multiverse and with other characters.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

"For decades, Spider-Man has consistently shown the importance of using power to do good and to keep the public safe. We also believe that our greatest responsibility is to keep our customers and crew safe on board our aircraft," United's Vice President of Marketing, Mark Krolick said (via Vital Thrills) "We are excited to have Spider-Man and his friends, along with our employees, bring new attention to the inflight safety video and creatively engage customers on such an important announcement."

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
She's basically Ultimate MJ.

She's MJ. Period.
She's a new, different character with the same initials.

Kevin Feige: "Well, we never even looked at it as a big reveal necessarily but more of just a fun homage to his past adventures and his past love. She's not Mary Jane Watson. She never was Mary Jane Watson. She was always this new high school character, Michelle, who we know there's an "M" in Michelle and an "M" in Mary. So we're so clever and we thought, 'Wouldn't it be neat if her initials were MJ?"

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is so cool.

She's a new, different character with the same initials.

Kevin Feige: "Well, we never even looked at it as a big reveal necessarily but more of just a fun homage to his past adventures and his past love. She's not Mary Jane Watson. She never was Mary Jane Watson. She was always this new high school character, Michelle, who we know there's an "M" in Michelle and an "M" in Mary. So we're so clever and we thought, 'Wouldn't it be neat if her initials were MJ?"

Of course she's not Mary Jane Watson. Her name is Michelle.

She's still MJ. Why would we get another MJ when she's MJ? She's still basically the ultimate version of the character, just like most everything else in Homecoming.

This isn't hard.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I went down one of the Youtube rabbit holes and found this gem starring Anthony Mackie in 2006:

If you had told Mackie in 2006 that'd he be playing Captain America in a billion-dollar franchise he would have off the heezy'd you.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Man, if we play MCU Degrees of Separation, we'll be here all day

Like this film has 4 MCU people

268x0w.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
markus and mcfeely confirmed natalie portman didn't shoot that scene for endgame. it was extra footage from dark world with rocket cgi'd in.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
https://deadline.com/2019/05/james-...d-offensive-tweets-interview-news-1202610248/

'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Director James Gunn Breaks Silence On High-Profile Disney Firing, & What He Learned From The Career Crisis That Followed —

For a filmmaker with a reputation for being outspoken on social media, your public response to the firing was muted. You didn't blame anyone but yourself, which clearly factored into Horn's decision to reinstate you. What was going through your head at that time?
I don't blame anyone. I feel and have felt bad for a while about some of the ways I spoke publicly; some of the jokes I made, some of the targets of my humor, just the unintentional consequences of not being more compassionate in what I'm putting out there. I know that people have been hurt by things that I've said, and that's still my responsibility, that I wasn't as compassionate as I should be in what I say. I feel bad for that and take full responsibility. Disney totally had the right to fire me. This wasn't a free speech issue. I said something they didn't like and they completely had the right to fire me. There was never any argument of that.

Much more at the link, great read.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/russo-...m_content=like2buy&utm_term=curalate_like2buy

The Russo's tease Captain America showing up in the Loki series.

They had already suggested to EW that this fugitive Loki would be the subject of the upcoming Marvel series. "Interestingly, Loki has a show," Joe Russo told us when asked about the trickster god's fate.
In a new interview with Travis Clark ofBusiness Insider, the brothers add a new tease: Catching Loki may be part of Captain America's mission when he ventures into the disrupted timelines to restore the borrowed Infinity Stones and return Thor's Mjölnir hammer. That implies we may see that pursuit become part of the new show.

They also reiterate that Cap creates a branched timeline.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feige In his reddit ama says he has plans for the real Mandarin and the 10 rings going forward... 🤔

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
He also said he considers Martin Starr to be playing the same character in The Incredible Hulk and Homecoming, so that FINALLY (mostly) ends the whole thing with the novelization referring to him as Cho

Also that Hulk found a way to bring back all of the Snapped safely (as in, nobody's going to be falling out of the sky because the plane they were in is no longer there)

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/russo-...m_content=like2buy&utm_term=curalate_like2buy

The Russo's tease Captain America showing up in the Loki series.

They also reiterate that Cap creates a branched timeline.
Just that the Russos know what this moment seemingly sets up and suggest that it will be a part of the Loki show makes me think that Russos did some stealth episode filming for this and other Disney+ shows. Even that they hinted at the Cap story traveling back in time being something that gets fleshed out in the future makes me think that by having all the actors and all the sets already in place while shooting Endgame for those scenes, they could have already got a lot of that footage in the can.

The Russos have hinted at it but it seems like Markus and McFeely don't have any clue beyond Endgame, so I think there is potential there for secret productions happening under everyone's noses, and it would make it even easier since they had fake scripts and shot fake scenes and misleading scenes during Infinity War and Endgame so the actors wouldn't know everything.

Kevin Feige really is the Nick Fury of this whole thing
def212c252572601fae79f0346776ea1.gif

bd504fe8ec9e4d9bc60d97f2669eb0f6.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Feige In his reddit ama says he has plans for the real Mandarin and the 10 rings going forward... 🤔
That was the only really juicy answer in the AMA
But obviously no Stark anymore so that's an interesting wrinkle in whatever that story becomes

Makes you wonder if him saying he loves to bring back characters people think they've seen the last of like General Ross and Harley Keener might mean more than the obvious

Harley is about 21 years old now after the time jump assuming he didnt get snapped

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda hoping someone would ask him about the cliffhanger storylines in MCU ---- The Leader, Betty Ross, Sif.

Status
Not open for further replies.