• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Winter Soldier again. Really, really good of course, but as with all Marvel movies it gets better in retrospect.

One of Cap's first big moments in the movie is jumping out of a helicopter. Without a parachute. It is of course an awesome moment that makes him look badass, but it's also part of a pattern for him. Later in the movie fighting the Winter Soldier he throws down his shield, and if that means Bucky will kill him, so be it. Steve is a survivor of the war who doesn't care about surviving anymore. "What makes you happy?" "I don't know." It's not until Endgame that he starts to think about having a life.

I can also see the beginnings of Natasha's arc that the writers and Russos were planning out here more clearly now. She talks about trying to find belonging with Shield after belonging with the KGB. By Endgame she's finally found her belonging. And she learns learns sacrifice from Steve in this movie.

Natasha: If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?
Steve: I would now.

This is followed by her nearly killing herself so that Fury can kill Alexander Pierce.

It also has the best Captain America suit, which reappears in Endgame.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
DAT Canada holiday effect made for better than expected drops for The Avengers: Endgame this Monday. The actuals for the domestic numbers are in and due to Canuck Holiday effect the drop from last Monday was only -32.7%, grossing $3,162,240. This is interesting to point out because last year Infinity War 25th day also had the same holiday, with a steeper drop of -41.5% for a $2.7m Monday.

Today also marks the first day the end of the second weekend that The Avengers: Endgame topped Star Wars: The Force Awakens: on its 25th day of that film, it fell -61.2% for a $3.108m Monday.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $774,530,615 29.6
Foreign: $1,844,000,000 70.4% (Not updated)

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,620,013,227.

This means that it needs estimated 167.951.860 to top Avatar.

Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2019.htm

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Has anyone else ordered those Represent Avengers tees that Ruffallo, Evans, Johansson, etc were promoting?

Mine is coming my way already. I think today is the last day you can pre-order them. It seems to be for a great cause and they look cool.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
DAT Canada holiday effect made for better than expected drops for The Avengers: Endgame this Monday. The actuals for the domestic numbers are in and due to Canuck Holiday effect the drop from last Monday was only -32.7%, grossing $3,162,240. This is interesting to point out because last year Infinity War 25th day also had the same holiday, with a steeper drop of -41.5% for a $2.7m Monday.

Today also marks the first day the end of the second weekend that The Avengers: Endgame topped Star Wars: The Force Awakens: on its 25th day of that film, it fell -61.2% for a $3.108m Monday.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $774,530,615 29.6

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,620,013,227.

This means that it needs estimated 167.951.860 to top Avatar.

I don't understand how people think this shit isn't passing avatar.

It hasn't even been out for one full month yet!!

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently after working in TV for ten years the Russos were on Marvel's top 10 list of directors because of the Community paintball episodes. Amazing.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Damn, Jost hit the jackpot.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Takes about five years to develop a franchise, but best case scenario is that they were already doing it on the low before they were legally allowed to, so we might not have to wait that long. And its also not like we can't see individual characters start popping up here and there in the mean time. It's a sandbox and people can just pick up where others left off. They wanna publicly temper fans expectations.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm not expecting a full-on announcement but more of a tease and a general explanation of their philosophy regarding the Fox Marvel properties.

Feige has already said the X-Men don't factor into the five-year plan they're working on. He was specific in saying that about X-Men, as I've heard some rumors that F4 could be much sooner than anyone thinks. Next year would be five years since the last Fox failure on that franchise and that's the typical waiting time before a starting a reboot.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I'm actually... pretty fine with these new Spider-Man: Far From Home posters. They are a mash up of the individual posters:

And there seems to be somewhat of a theme to it, kinda like fake out posters:

I doubt that these are the main poster, and I find kinda clever how they are playing the team up with Mysterio here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Feige has already said the X-Men don't factor into the five-year plan they're working on. He was specific in saying that about X-Men, as I've heard some rumors that F4 could be much sooner than anyone thinks. Next year would be five years since the last Fox failure on that franchise and that's the typical waiting time before a starting a reboot.
Personally, I am more excited for F4 anyways since we never got a good version of them from Fox. While I don't expect the X-men to appear fully, is it unreasonable to expect Fiege to discuss how characters like Deadpool (and mutants in general) might integrate into the MCU going forward? I feel like he has to address their general approach to the Fox characters just to set fan expectations and avoid the same questions going-forward.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I think Wolverine / X-Men will be introduced in a similar fashion that Spidey and Black Panther were. I think that by the end of Phase 4 at the latest, we will be fully integrated with the whole mutant situation in the MCU, but an actual film of them wilol only happen in the Phase 5.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I think Wolverine / X-Men will be introduced in a similar fashion that Spidey and Black Panther were. I think that by the end of Phase 4 at the latest, we will be fully integrated with the whole mutant situation in the MCU, but an actual film of them wilol only happen in the Phase 5.

How characters are introduced is going to be very different going forward than in the past. Feige wasn't joking about the Disney+ stuff being crucial to the movies.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually... pretty fine with these new Spider-Man: Far From Home posters. They are a mash up of the individual posters:

And there seems to be somewhat of a theme to it, kinda like fake out posters:

I doubt that these are the main poster, and I find kinda clever how they are playing the team up with Mysterio here.

Everyone's on the right, except for Mysterio. Hmm, what could it mean???

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Actuals for the Tuesday's numbers of The Avengers: Endgame are in and like it was expected, it dropped -8.3% from its Canada holiday inflated Monday for a $2,900,871 Tuesday. Like I was saying yesterday:

It might even go below IW's Tuesday number, since the drop was way less subdued today because of the Canada holiday this Monday.

With that said, it seems like the last entry of 22 films in the making epic is starting to finally show signs of healthy legs, all it takes is to take a look at the drops week to week: it dropped -49.5% compared with last Tuesday, and that's still ahead of Infinity War drops as well.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $777,431,486 29.6

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,622,914,098.

This means that it needs estimated 165.050.989 to top Avatar.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
The Avengers: Endgame Wednesday numbers are in, and it fell only -47.3% compared with last Wednesday. It's worth of note that it trended better than Infinity War daily drops throughout this all the weekdays of this week, and while it's following closely that run, it keeps going above that film in raw numbers as well. Good sign to keep performing close but above Infinity War from here on.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $779,425,998 29.7%

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,624,908,610, with no BOM updates for the foreign numbers since their weekend numbers.

This means that it needs estimated 163.056.477 to top Avatar.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
New FFH international spot. It's kind of spoilery.

Edit: Video removed thanks to a Sony copyright claim on the TV spot.

The spot might reveal:
The remodeled Avengers tower.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So WandaVision films this Fall, but won't be available until at least December 2020. I could see them release it in Spring 2021. This show is all I need.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think they will introduce the Avengers Mansion in Phase 4?
Feels like it's the right time when both the Avengers Tower and facility is no more after what happened post Civil War and Endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.