The Massacre in March: Animal Crossing vs Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Which game will sell more units globally during its lifetime?

• Animal Crossing Castaways

Votes: 856 53.9%
  • Final Fantasy 7: Remake: Part 1: Midgar

Votes: 733 46.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Then we really don't know. It could be doing really well, far above 80k/quarter on Switch alone. They were surprised by PC sales back in the day and Switch has taken everyone by surprise.
Certainly that's possible, but it's not in keeping with the data we have access to. In any case it's not possible to claim positively that FF7 outsold New Leaf.

OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
That's an artificial limitation that shouldn't be in place for this topic than. Animal crossing will probably have more sales because of that but if it's lifetime of both than final fantasy vii by a wide margin.
It's mentioned in the OP and the poll itself that this is about FF7R Part 1, because it's being framed as a full game and it's probably going to be the best-selling of all the FF7R games by a decent margin

night814

Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The multiple releases for FFVII is going to hurt in both long and short term. It's still going to be successful and sell multiple millions but I suspect a lot of people are going to take a wait and see approach for at least a little while.

People are crazy thirsty for a new Animal Crossing and the Switch bump is not to be underestimated. AC may lose out lifetime because VIIR will likely be on multiple platforms at the end, but I think AC gets an early lead and continues for sometime.

night814

Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
FFVII will do pretty well for a PS4 game in Japan (probably a little better than DQXI) but AC will probably be one of the best selling Switch games in the territory. I think that is going to be the big factor that pushes it over globally.
There's almost no chance that it won't be the best selling piece of switch software in Japan, it's likely going to do record breaking numbers just there alone.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
FFVII will do pretty well for a PS4 game in Japan (probably a little better than DQXI) but AC will probably be one of the best selling Switch games in the territory. I think that is going to be the big factor that pushes it over globally.
There is literally no possible way it'll outsell DQ XI in Japan.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH