• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Johnny Cage

Nov 26, 2017
A global release time, I hate this crap. Understandable for a live service game but for single player stuff like what is the point. 1pm in the UK now and I can't play?

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Ah was just coming to ask to see when it unlocks in U.K. 5pm. Was hoping to have a play on my lunch but oh well.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A global release time, I hate this crap. Understandable for a live service game but for single player stuff like what is the point. 1pm in the UK now and I can't play?

it's stupid and this is the next AAA(?) game that has done this year. Hitman 3 being the first. I really hope this isn't going to be a thing moving forward because it was one of the slept on reasons to own an Xbox last gen. I was playing games a day early thanks to NZ. And now places like NZ are being held to a day later due to UTC. Was midnight local really that bad to some of these companies?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone getting stalled downloads when pre-loading on XGP?

XAF0DMB.png

Have plenty of space, and internet downloads on other stores are fine.

EDIT: Solved. Used a VPN to connect to a different endpoint than one served from my location. Once download started, I turned the PVN off and it carried on fine until the whole thing was downloaded.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently they never even tested the HDR in the game (or just didn't care) as there are items in the first two minutes of gameplay that are so blown out that you can't read them. There is no possible way they could have missed this.

Great job Bloober!

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Played about 10 minutes just to check performance on my RX 580 + i5-10400 and I get a consistent hitch every three seconds or so. Changing settings makes no difference.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The game constantly hitches no matter what the resolution or settings are on my 3070 16 gig i7 7770 running off an SSD.

There are also deadzone issues on the stick when examining items. Just touching the stick causes an item to rotate in a random direction. (the controller works perfectly fine in every other game)

All of this in the first five minutes of the game. This is embarrassing.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only about 20 minutes into this game on Series X but holy shit, this game is beautiful:

50884251573_cbf05ba029_o.png

50884251048_0c61dff742_o.png&form=APMCS1&PC=APMC

50885074167_e74e10aab4_o.png

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone elses screen flickering? Playing on Series X on my CX, and it's kind of annoying. It seems to just happen in the dark sections on the screen

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok, you have to manually deactivate the 120fps setting on your Xbox Series X to make this game not give you epilepsy.

It's blinking like a f'n Christmas tree.

After you changed it to 60fps it's fine.

VRR can stay on, 120fps to 60 fixed it for me.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played until the first dual-reality puzzle came up. Really enjoying it so far! Definitely my cup of tea!

PC settings: i7 6700k
1080 Ti
1440p

FPS is okay by my standards. Mostly around 60, sometimes dips to around 40 between transitions but it doesn't affect gameplay. Dual reality went to 30, but that's not a surprise, as it was rendering two worlds. Surprisingly, didn't really notice the change except for the counter.

Playing the Game Pass version.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played until the first dual-reality puzzle came up. Really enjoying it so far! Definitely my cup of tea!

PC settings: i7 6700k
1080 Ti
1440p

FPS is okay by my standards. Mostly around 60, sometimes dips to around 40 between transitions but it doesn't affect gameplay. Dual reality went to 30, but that's not a surprise, as it was rendering two worlds. Surprisingly, didn't really notice the change except for the counter.

Playing the Game Pass version.

What settings do you have?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Also, don't get confused by the brightness setting before you start the game.

It's garbage und useless and shows you completely wrong results and the main menu also seems completely dim, but that's not the case in the game.

Leave it on standard and just start the game, it will look great and if you're not happy, then the setting will work.

Garbage when you start the game:

3eb1a98b-d79e-42e0-b5c9-32383d0e3a92.png

Working when your inside it:
13fd9b96-4d1f-4943-a6b3-96037051a73d.png

And holy fuckerony, this game gets immediate massive respect from me.
A new game with HDR releasing that has basically no HDR settings and it still looks f'n great? With no raised blacks, no dim colors or lights and just looks right? Take this, basically 80% of the AAA games that got released in the last 12 months.

4K PNG picture:
92891525-9ffe-460f-8a8e-11540c75cb20.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
loved the intro and the game feels a lot more "old school" than I expected, pleasently surprised since there aint many games like this around these days.

the bright ass cutscene at the start was jarring (DF video did say the "tape" cutscenes had a bunch of crushed blacks) but the game itself looks great and of course, as expected, you barely notice the res drop in the dual scenes because, well youre busy at looking at the scnes, youre not analyzing pixel counts.

Ok, you have to manually deactivate the 120fps setting on your Xbox Series X to make this game not give you epilepsy.

It's blinking like a f'n Christmas tree.

After you changed it to 60fps it's fine.

VRR can stay on, 120fps to 60 fixed it for me.

no blinking here /shrug

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good intro and game looks really nice on XSX (though with some noticeable jank).

The game needs tank controls

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
50885191672_8e79c15883_o.png

50885191222_fe0eb0f2f1_o.png

50885190827_e051a98de4_o.png

Was NOT expecting the game to look this good. Looks shockingly good, particularly from an AA studio.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the dual scren stuff is MESSING WITH MY BRAIN man, where do I focus lol :D

it's like you're playing split screen except you are both players :P

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
More 4K PNG pictures:

dc8947ab-9c77-43bb-9fdb-02d92691a053.png

17da925c-503f-4848-b0ff-819af9ff0102.png

Edge-Sangral-The-Medium-20210128-17-33-59.png

Edge-Sangral-The-Medium-20210128-17-32-55.png

149f9087-1f83-4d04-9947-416b36fc934e.png

Jesus f'n Christ is this HDR impressive. Like I said the black level is perfect and the light is really glowing here.
Like it should be in every game with HDR!
On the wide table view you can literally feel the real bright lightbulb shining onto the table, it's crazy.

How does this company gets this so right and other AAA games fail massively?

Dark1x Dictator Digital Foundry needs to make an HDR video about this. It impresses the hell out of me, in a way none of the last, idk, 10 AAA released did.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Urgh my Xbox game pass preload I've had sat on my dash didn't update until I tried to launch so 22gb download it is. Been waiting all day to get on this, don't really understand what the point of a preinstall even is if it isn't handled automatically

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently they never even tested the HDR in the game (or just didn't care) as there are items in the first two minutes of gameplay that are so blown out that you can't read them. There is no possible way they could have missed this.

Great job Bloober!

Ok, I thought it was just me in the beginning area.

More 4K PNG pictures:

Jesus f'n Christ is this HDR impressive. Like I said the black level is perfect and the light is really glowing here.
On the wide table view you can literally feel the real bright lightbulb shining onto the table, it's crazy.

How does this company gets this so right and other AAA games fail massively?

Dark1x Dictator Digital Foundry needs to make an HDR video about this. It impresses the hell out of me, in a way none of the last, idk, 10 AAA released did.

At least we know it's working well on Xbox. On PC everything is super dark in the beginning or blown out.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Edge Hey. Do you know where the game config file are located for WIndows store version? I think I have the bug where the render resolution is cranked upto 200% of 4K and my menus are a s-l-i-d-e-s-h-o-w and I cannot even go to settings to reset it. Game is unplayable for me right now.

edit - sorry didnt see we have a PC performance thread

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
More 4K PNG pictures:
Not on PC, lol.

But yeah it seems to look great on console. Intro video is not meant for HDR and brightness setting menu is broken as usual but in-game looks nice.
Edge Hey. Do you know where the game config file are located for WIndows store version? I think I have the bug where the render resolution is cranked upto 200% of 4K and my menus are a s-l-i-d-e-s-h-o-w and I cannot even go to settings to reset it. Game is unplayable for me right now.

edit - sorry didnt see we have a PC performance thread
SystemDrive:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\3951BlooberTeamS.A.TheMedium_myqva651hxz16

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Not on PC, lol.

But yeah it seems to look great on console. Intro video is not meant for HDR and brightness setting menu is broken as usual but in-game looks nice.
So I'm new to "PC HDR" because I've switched over to Game Pass PC from using an Xbox this generation, so in my setup I have my GPU hooked into my TV via an HDMI cable, are you saying PC HDR is broken when using an HDR PC monitor? Or the functionality is broken whether you're hooked into an HDR TV or not? I'm not sure why there would even be a difference to be honest.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Not on PC, lol.

SystemDrive:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\3951BlooberTeamS.A.TheMedium_myqva651hxz16
Thanks. Deleted the settings file and that fixed it.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm new to "PC HDR" because I've switched over to Game Pass PC from using my Xbox One this generation, so in my setup I have my GPU hooked into my TV via an HDMI cable, are you saying PC HDR is broken when using an HDR PC monitor? Or the functionality is broken whether you're hooked into an HDR TV or not? I'm not sure why there would even be a difference to be honest.
Colors are just not correct in that mode on PC, should be no difference between various display types.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
from the thread so far it seems Series X is really solid and the PC port is kind of a mess? or is it just the HDR imp on PC that is screwed up?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm new to "PC HDR" because I've switched over to Game Pass PC from using an Xbox this generation, so in my setup I have my GPU hooked into my TV via an HDMI cable, are you saying PC HDR is broken when using an HDR PC monitor? Or the functionality is broken whether you're hooked into an HDR TV or not? I'm not sure why there would even be a difference to be honest.

The HDR is broken in the game itself. It doesn't matter what display you use, they didn't properly grade anything in the game and several elements are so blown out you can't even read them or make out details on them.

It's so blatantly broken it actually makes me pretty mad that they just decided to say fuck it and ship it anyways. There is no way they could have "missed" this stuff as they are the first items you interact with in the game.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Colors are just not correct in that mode on PC, should be no difference between various display types.
Why would that be the case I guess if it seems to work fine on Xbox? What is so different on the PC side that causes that? Maybe that question is too granular and more for the devs or something.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
After 2 months of playing 60fps games, the 30fps feels so off lol.

Also whats up with the random rumbles in the controller? Anyone else with this?