• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, the current "this album was on my Spotify collection but for some reason I never listened to it and now I can't believe I was missing out on this" is Monstrosity's Millennium. A great technical death album.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
idk if PV/Grind is allowed in this thread but, this just came out and it slaps major ass

It absolutely is and the new Endorphins Lost is great! Also in the same vein is Ground's new release

Who also shares a member with Bandit who released a great album very late last year

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Kalmah rocked on Sunday night.

On the topic of concerts...

Would you rather see a bill of a Headliner you love but opening acts you really don't care about... or a full bill of bands you think are pretty good?

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Kalmah rocked on Sunday night.

On the topic of concerts...

Would you rather see a bill of a Headliner you love but opening acts you really don't care about... or a full bill of bands you think are pretty good?

I think it just depends on the band that's headlining. If I've seen them many times before, I probably would rather go to a bill full of bands I think are pretty good. But if it's a band that never comes to the area I'm in that's headlining, I would much rather go to that.

Beary

May 23, 2018
Last month Hannes Grossmann released a new album that has kind of flown under the radar. While it's not his best work (especially the lyrics are terrible), it's still pretty awesome. That guy is just such a beast: Worked on Necrophagists "Epitaph", two great Obscura records and is one of the main guys behind Alkaloid one of the best new prog/tech death bands right now. And then he just writes and produces great records on the side in his free time.

Oct 27, 2017
don't forget blotted science with ron jarzombek and alex webster ;)

funny enough I've had both the albums with charlie zeleny and hannes grossmann sitting at my desk at work for a long time and they need to go home..
hdxbMAG.png

Beary

May 23, 2018
don't forget blotted science with ron jarzombek and alex webster ;)

Thanks for reminding me. I'm listening to them right now and I should definitely listen to them more. Good stuff!

After looking at his Wikipedia page I also gave a quick listen to last years Hate Eternal and apparently that one's also a banger.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for reminding me. I'm listening to them right now and I should definitely listen to them more. Good stuff!

After looking at his Wikipedia page I also gave a quick listen to last years Hate Eternal and apparently that one's also a banger.

Yes it is. Thanks to it I decided to dedicate 2019 to discover Death Metal in general, imagine that! But listened to that Hannes Grossman that you mentioned but did not capture my attention at all :\

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If you're into grind/pv. NARC were pretty short lived, but one of the better bands to come out of NYC. Collects their 2 demos.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Plutocracy (REDWOOD CITY) - Dankstahz

Deadbodieseverywhere (SAN JOSE) - Deadbodieseverywhere

In Disgust (SAN JOSE) - San Jose Oldies Vol. 1

some good shit from my hood.

Last edited:

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If people don't know Encenathrakh, that Brodequin show will be a rare live performance from them, since they all have a million other projects.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on a ron jarzombek binge again lately and I've wanted some new blotted science ever since hannes rounded the group well, but my favorites are still with zeleny. bleeding in the brain and amnesia are bangers but adenosine buildup+breakdown (and this part specifically) are what originally grabbed me

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on a ron jarzombek binge again lately and I've wanted some new blotted science ever since hannes rounded the group well, but my favorites are still with zeleny. bleeding in the brain and amnesia are bangers but adenosine buildup+breakdown (and this part specifically) are what originally grabbed me

Ron is a madman

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Explosions in the Sky are playing near me in October. Got to remember to get a ticket.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Disarmonia Mundi just started tracking vocals for their next album! These guys were my introduction to metal and I've always loved everything they're made. Super stoked :)

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
lol, I feel bad for anyone who elects to drop DsO over seriously nothing. In other NoEvDia news, they have signed Misþyrming. New LP to drop on the year.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
they have ties with Mikko Aspa. So now Antifa will raid the NoEvDia warehouse and beat up people wearing DsO hoodies (aka Nazis) on the street.

Oct 27, 2017
From my understanding mikko aspa basically is deathspell omega in its current state.
tbh I probably just shouldn't even have mentioned it and just listed the track. he's the same reason that mgla was facing issues mentioned earlier this page.

if I'm being honest, the only DSO albums I really enjoy are paracletus and the synarchy of molten bones (my favorite album the year it released)
I'm hoping the other tracks lean more towards the style of molten bones.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
they have ties with Mikko Aspa. So now Antifa will raid the NoEvDia warehouse and beat up people wearing DsO hoodies (aka Nazis) on the street.
Well, at least they won't get a concert cancelled!

I'm pretty LTTP on this, but as soon as I read about Mgła, I knew exactly which concerts were cancelled. Of course it's the ones in Germany. And of course it's not really about Mgła either, but some person they worked together with at some point in time.
Weirdly enough, those festivals in eastern Germany which exclusively feature actual right-wing and Neo-Nazi bands are well-reported on, but they still take place. I'm not quite sure what the intended message is supposed to be here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least they won't get a concert cancelled!

I'm pretty LTTP on this, but as soon as I read about Mgła, I knew exactly which concerts were cancelled. Of course it's the ones in Germany. And of course it's not really about Mgła either, but some person they worked together with at some point in time.
Weirdly enough, those festivals in eastern Germany which exclusively feature actual right-wing and Neo-Nazi bands are well-reported on, but they still take place. I'm not quite sure what the intended message is supposed to be here.
this is all about weak promoters and venues not standing up to the pressure. For most of them, of course they're not prepared because the bands are relatively innocuous. They get blindsided and decide that it's not worth the hassle. The more explicit bands have to organize with more caution and deal with mutually understood parties. That is, they decide from the get that they won't let Antifa bully them.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Digging the last Amon Amarth album. So far I like it more than the previous one

I'm eager to listen to it. The last one had a weird vibe to it and I can't put my finger on what it was. I think part of it was the lyrics. Particularly the song that had "These two men are best friends, not enemies!!!!"

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Drygva 'Son of Mighty Rod' still holds up as one of the best metal releases of the past 5 or so years (edit: decade... damn this was all the way back in 2012...). ffo: good chugs, Amon Amarth type stuff, Russian metal, folk metal

There's underrated, and then there's Son of Mighty Rod.

This track is bonkers.

Also one of the all time album covers.
a0492620083_10.jpg

Last edited:

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

Lack of Interest are nice people, and would treat your Granny very well:

Lack of Interest - Take Another Step

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Rivers of Nihil their drummer is also in the excellent FLUB who have an album (or EP?) coming soon!

check the floss at 2:13

What did I just see, why did I like it?

That Yellow Eyes song sounds good though.

I feel like I'll have to leave a recommendation too so here goes Suffering Hour in case it hasn't been mentioned so far. Otherwise I'd second it anyway:

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really feeling this one tbh. But hey can't complain because it's more Northlane!