• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

The MetalEra |OT| We're not in the Stone Age anymore

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
the Grand Declaration Of War remix/remaster is out. Makes a pretty big difference, drum sound is completely different and the album has a much bigger, less compressed sound

I really like the late 90's Mayhem stuff with Maniac. It's a bit goofy at times but they were onto something.

full album:

comparison vid:

I unironically love the hilariously overtriggered drums Hellhammer was using at this time, made him sound like a fuckin casio keyboard. The remix either severely tones it down or completely replaces the sound samples because it sounds like drums now

Oct 26, 2017
good signing by Willowtip. The label has also reissued Chapters of Repugnance in the meantime, which as a bonus includes a few re-recordings and a completely new track featuring the new vocalist, Josh Welshman. The new LP should be killer, and apparently more than half the tracks are already written.

New Rotting Christ. Beelzebub Bless.

Rotting Christ - Fire, God and Fear
I have listened to this song probably 25 times in the past week. It is quite possibly my favorite RC song since I first found them in tenth grade by accident on mp3.com listening to Lex Talionis which is also an amazing song. By far my favorite metal group ever with Bathory I would say tied or a close second and that is because Twilight of the Gods is the main album I could listen to repeatedly from beginning to end.

Oct 26, 2017

Blue Hummingbird on the Left (CA) - Hail Huitzilopochtli

preview for the debut LP of Blue Hummingbird on the Left, or simply BHL, coming this February under the banners of Nuclear War Now!, Iron Bonehead, and of course Crepúsculo Negro. This will be the first major release of the Black Twilight Circle in more than two years, with the last being Arizmenda's fifth full-length. This is cool to see, for as long as this collective has been active there are still a few entities that don't have a proper full-length. Expect some ripping black/death with themes of Mesoamerican mythology.

for those of you in the bay area, Volahn is actually playing in Oakland Saturday along with Caveman Cult and Xibalba, a true old school black metal horde from Mexico. I won't be able to attend, but it should be a killer show.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Blue Hummingbird on the Left (CA) - Hail Huitzilopochtli

preview for the debut LP of Blue Hummingbird on the Left, or simply BHL, coming this February under the banners of Nuclear War Now!, Iron Bonehead, and of course Crepúsculo Negro. This will be the first major release of the Black Twilight Circle in more than two years, with the last being Arizmenda's fifth full-length. This is cool to see, for as long as this collective has been active there are still a few entities that don't have a proper full-length. Expect some ripping black/death with themes of Mesoamerican mythology.
This is one of my first anticipated albums for next year. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.