• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Suffocation, Cattle Decap tomorrow. Forward (Japan), Coke Bust on Friday, Yatra and Bask on Saturday, and Trappist w/ Suppression on Sunday. swimming in shows atm

Martoridley

Oct 29, 2017
Just bought the ophidian trek live dvd by meshuggah. Watched all in one sitting yesterday. Pretty fucking awesome.
Fun Fact: Mick Gordon did the Intro track (not really a track, rather than some creepy ambient noises) "swarmer". And that was 2 years before his Doom soundtrack.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Suffocation, Cattle Decap tomorrow. Forward (Japan), Coke Bust on Friday, Yatra and Bask on Saturday, and Trappist w/ Suppression on Sunday. swimming in shows atm
Coke Bust rules, haven't seen them in a few years but always a treat

Missed them last time they came to Chicago but apparently they played first so most people missed them, lol

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I wanted to share a couple of videos from the last weekend's show, where the long-planned hook suspension was finally realized. The latter is a new song. I wish we could do the same at Maryland Deathfest next year, but flying two extras there would be too costly, and the venue would have to have fitting structures for it.

Into the Tomb of Her Mirror:

A World of White Days: https://youtu.be/8qTDT-jUnmM

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

It's friday, and a glorious day to get hammered!

Gloryhammer - Rise of the Chaos Wizards

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I wanted to share a couple of videos from the last weekend's show, where the long-planned hook suspension was finally realized. The latter is a new song. I wish we could do the same at Maryland Deathfest next year, but flying two extras there would be too costly, and the venue would have to have fitting structures for it.

Into the Tomb of Her Mirror:

A World of White Days: https://youtu.be/8qTDT-jUnmM

That looks very cool man. Way to push your performance!

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Soen is rather hit and miss for me, I like a couple of songs but not most off of each album, which is kind of rare for me with music because I usually like or dislike an album as absolute.

Been listening to a couple of black metal albums I haven't listened to in a long time, like Master's Hammer. I love the first two albums (the debut, Ritual, being my favourite), but I cannot stand the albums since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMviPeHz_Lc

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Soen is rather hit and miss for me, I like a couple of songs but not most off of each album, which is kind of rare for me with music because I usually like or dislike an album as absolute.

Been listening to a couple of black metal albums I haven't listened to in a long time, like Master's Hammer. I love the first two albums (the debut, Ritual, being my favourite), but I cannot stand the albums since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMviPeHz_Lc

Great band. This has always been my favorite song of theirs. I love how Franta Štorm's voice sounds like it's about break.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

It's kind of a mellow day for me and this song feels pretty good right now. Downfall of Nur - The Golden Age

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
Been a while since I picked up any vinyl.

tNYsqK4.jpg

House of Atreus - From The Madness of Ixion

i9D0nuy.jpg

Monolord - Vaenir

5QjW2JY.jpg

Monolord - Empress Rising

bZp576q.jpg

Monolord - Rust

WbHgFAb.jpg

Monolord - Lord of Suffering/Die In Haze

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Great band. This has always been my favorite song of theirs. I love how Franta Štorm's voice sounds like it's about break.

Franta Štrom and Master's Hammer are considered one of the pioneers of black metal in Eastern Europe. Or better said behind the iron curtain.

Interesting stuff: Franta is typographer, he wrote numerous books about typography and owns his own type foundry. He created more than 60 different font families.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Franta Štrom and Master's Hammer are considered one of the pioneers of black metal in Eastern Europe. Or better said behind the iron curtain.

Interesting stuff: Franta is typographer, he wrote numerous books about typography and owns his own type foundry. He created more than 60 different font families.

I remember reading an interview in Fallen Pages III zine back in 1992, where he said he went to art school, and designed the band's artwork. I didn't know about the other things you mentioned.

Here's a photo of the interview:

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
New One Tail One Head took some spins to really get going but it's a really good solid record.

This one as been playing almost non-stop the last couple of weeks:

This one is straight and good too:

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Looks like Slayer concert on Friday in Stadthalle Vienna is sold out. This will be a blast. Can't wait till Friday, to embark on 400 km journey with bus to Vienna at 10 am :)

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Happy Thanksgiving Metal Gaf!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a nice big Thanksgiving feast.

Also this being the metal thread here is a different kind of feast for y'all:

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018

whoops lol. It's been a long week!

Also Conception's new EP is out today and Roy Khan sounds as amazing as ever:

If you only know Khan from Kamelot, Conception is his first and more proggy band. New EP aside their old stuff is amazing.

My favorite Conception song from their second album:

Last edited:

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I've been listening to two albums in particular recently. The Ocean's Phanerozoic I: Palaeozoic and Azusa's Heavy Yoke. In my opinion, Phanerozoic is leagues better than Pelagial, which was The Ocean's last release. The songwriting is tighter and I can listen to most of the album without getting the urge to skip a song or two. My favourite track on the album:

As for the Azusa album, this is weird to say, but these guys seem like the successors to The Dillinger Escape Plan. The bassist is Liam Wilson who was also the bassist for TDEP, but the vocalist is very intriguing. She was apparently fronting an indie-pop project before this album but her versatility is astonishing. I'm loving this album a lot. One of my favourite tracks is the title track.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

Aboleth - Wytches

Absolutely ass-kicking doom/blues/sludge with awesome vocals.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Slayer are Slayer. This was like being hit by a bulldozer, even if I was on the tribune.

Too bad that there were sound issues in several songs, like vocals going off at Jihad and sloppy guitar sound at first three songs. This is quite unusual for Wiener Stadthalle, but looks like sound crew miscalculated a bit.

I think that running order should be a bit different, Anthrax and Lamb of God should switch places.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
I still say Lamb of God should have been Exodus or Overkill. Such a weird entry in an otherwise 80's lineup.

OuijaLuigi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Song of the Day

The song that originally got me into strapping. The ferocity, emotion and that wall of sound that just crushes you is beyond compare. I just love this song so much.

On a related note, if somebody wants to take my biweekly song of the day Saturday's for themselves, I wouldn't object. I've been busy lately and haven't been browsing that much era anyways that I completely forgot it last time.

Slayer are Slayer. This was like being hit by a bulldozer, even if I was on the tribune.

Too bad that there were sound issues in several songs, like vocals going off at Jihad and sloppy guitar sound at first three songs. This is quite unusual for Wiener Stadthalle, but looks like sound crew miscalculated a bit.

I think that running order should be a bit different, Anthrax and Lamb of God should switch places.

I'm gonna see Slayer 8th of december. Ive only seen them once before so looking forward to it.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

Day is getting away from me. I tossed this new Sigh on and remembered that I'm on Sunday. Four day weekends make me lose track... So were doing the first track off this new album, Aletheia. The video is as weird as this bands sounds and that is a good thing. I got into them when Graveward came out and I haven't really explored the rest of their discography, but I love what I've heard so far. Check them out if you've never heard them. Their definitely something else.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

this has probably been posted before on the old site or whatever but I barely found out about this guy today. What a champion.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
As awesome as the woodwind guy is...I have to give this one to the Barbie unicorn song for not only using power metal in a fantastic way but also making a video that matches it's insanity lol

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

Esoctrilihum - Aevendh Sadh

Second album this year from the French one man black metal project, Esoctrilihum, and it stands just as tall if not higher on the list of best albums this year than the first.