• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
2019 on Unique Leader.
Awesome. Slam promo singles always worry me

I'm curious if they patched things up with Matti or if he's just working with shit they already recorded, they were posting studio clips a year ago but everything around LVDF this year sounded like they fell apart

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome. Slam promo singles always worry me

I'm curious if they patched things up with Matti or if he's just working with shit they already recorded, they were posting studio clips a year ago but everything around LVDF this year sounded like they fell apart
I really don't use Facebook to follow bands but from what I can tell the band is in an extant state, if not an "active" one. I don't think an album gets released let alone promoted like this for a band in turmoil without some party making a statement, so more than likely things have been patched up quietly and professionally in order to get this album released.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra

we did it fam

Line-up: Alexander Kubiashvili - Drums Sergey Balayan - Guitars Matti Way - Vocals

no idea if an actual album is coming or if we have to wait another 3 years for that to surface but I'll take this for now

FUCK YES. I am going to lift so many heavy things listening to this. Never thought I would see the day. I am also on the camp that this is for sure an album coming out. Unique Leader isn't one of these tiny slam labels. They wouldn't be fucking with that one song every 3 years bullshit.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, I decided to try to rank the DSP albums (well, except for Abruptum as I haven't heard those yet):

1. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi: One of my absolute favourite black metal albums. I love the more progressive aspect, and dare I say kind of cheesy/keyboardish aspect? I don't know how to quite explain it
  2. Sigh - Scorn Defeat: Not my favourite Sigh album, but you still cannot go wrong with it! Essentially black metal that has a huge Celtic Frost-like sound
  3. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas: Probably the DSP album, one of the most classic albums of black metal. Freezing Moon is an all-time classic
  4. Burzum - Burzum: Same thing with Sigh, in that I would not consider this to be Burzum's finest work, but it's still pretty enjoyable. War is also a hilarious tune
  5. Mayhem - Deathcrush: One of black metal's earliest releases, it's a nice introduction of what was to come out of the Norwegian scene
  6. Merciless - The Awakening: Pretty good death/thrash, however unlike the above-listed albums I would definitely not say that it's in the top echelon of its genre
  7. Burzum - Aske: To be honest, I don't even remember this EP really. So, I'd have to rank it last because it must not have left an impression on me

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
So, I decided to try to rank the DSP albums (well, except for Abruptum as I haven't heard those yet):

1. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi: One of my absolute favourite black metal albums. I love the more progressive aspect, and dare I say kind of cheesy/keyboardish aspect? I don't know how to quite explain it
  2. Sigh - Scorn Defeat: Not my favourite Sigh album, but you still cannot go wrong with it! Essentially black metal that has a huge Celtic Frost-like sound
  3. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas: Probably the DSP album, one of the most classic albums of black metal. Freezing Moon is an all-time classic
  4. Burzum - Burzum: Same thing with Sigh, in that I would not consider this to be Burzum's finest work, but it's still pretty enjoyable. War is also a hilarious tune
  5. Mayhem - Deathcrush: One of black metal's earliest releases, it's a nice introduction of what was to come out of the Norwegian scene
  6. Merciless - The Awakening: Pretty good death/thrash, however unlike the above-listed albums I would definitely not say that it's in the top echelon of its genre
  7. Burzum - Aske: To be honest, I don't even remember this EP really. So, I'd have to rank it last because it must not have left an impression on me

Pretty sure Abruptum would be #8 even if you had heard them. More experimental/noise than anything else.

Good list though! Mine would probably be almost the same, except I'd move Enslaved way down (ironically for basically the same reasons you have them so high). I also have trouble separating Burzum and Aske as I've always listened to them compiled together. I have a huge soft spot for Deathcrush, so that would probably move up too.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure Abruptum would be #8 even if you had heard them. More experimental/noise than anything else.

Good list though! Mine would probably be almost the same, except I'd move Enslaved way down (ironically for basically the same reasons you have them so high). I also have trouble separating Burzum and Aske as I've always listened to them compiled together. I have a huge soft spot for Deathcrush, so that would probably move up too.

Yeah, I've heard they're fairly weak albums. I really like ambient music myself but I don't know if it'd fall into that category.

As for me, I am trying to discover some more bands and albums as I kind of stagnated in searching, I am listening to Tomb Mold at the moment.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've heard they're fairly weak albums. I really like ambient music myself but I don't know if it'd fall into that category.

As for me, I am trying to discover some more bands and albums as I kind of stagnated in searching, I am listening to Tomb Mold at the moment.

Actually, with that in mind you should probably give them a try then. I'm a big fan of ambient too and I don't mind 'em. Just not the kind of thing I'd throw on in mixed company. They're really more noise/chaotic than ambient, but if you're into non-conventional stuff they might be worth checking out.

I hear you though, I always try to branch out into new stuff and then end up still listening to the same shit I've always been listening to. This community is a really good way to find new bands though. I've stumbled across a more than a couple of gems here.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually, with that in mind you should probably give them a try then. I'm a big fan of ambient too and I don't mind 'em. Just not the kind of thing I'd throw on in mixed company. They're really more noise/chaotic than ambient, but if you're into non-conventional stuff they might be worth checking out.

I hear you though, I always try to branch out into new stuff and then end up still listening to the same shit I've always been listening to. This community is a really good way to find new bands though. I've stumbled across a more than a couple of gems here.

Let me tell you, about 30 albums or so make up like 90%+ of my extreme metal listening:

1. Carnage - Dark Recollections
  2. Entombed - Left Hand Path, Clandestine, Wolverine Blues
  3. Sigh - Ghastly Funeral Theatre
  4. Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
  5. Burzum - Hviss Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
  6. Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption
  7. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
  8. Bathory - Bathory, The Return of Darkness & Evil
  9. Samael - Ceremony of Opposites
  10. Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
  11. Edge of Sanity - Crimson
  12. Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
  13. Cynic - Focus
  14. Asphyx - The Rack
  15. Cryptopsy - None So Vile
  16. Terrorizer - World Downfall
  17. Repulsion - Horrified
  18. Disembowelment - Transendence into the Peripheral
  19. Mayhem - Deathcrush, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
  20. Autopsy - Severed Survival
  21. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
  22. Darkspace - Dark Space I
  23. In Flames - The Jester Race
  24. Gotsu Totsu Kotsu - Retributive Justice
  25. Ulver - Bergtatt
  26. Agalloch - The Mantle
  27. Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
  28. Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
And maybe a few others that are escaping my mind. Point is, I have a horrible tendency to go back to one of these albums, and I have a lot of trouble breaking that cycle.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Let me tell you, about 30 albums or so make up like 90%+ of my extreme metal listening:

1. Carnage - Dark Recollections
  2. Entombed - Left Hand Path, Clandestine, Wolverine Blues
  3. Sigh - Ghastly Funeral Theatre
  4. Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
  5. Burzum - Hviss Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
  6. Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption
  7. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
  8. Bathory - Bathory, The Return of Darkness & Evil
  9. Samael - Ceremony of Opposites
  10. Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
  11. Edge of Sanity - Crimson
  12. Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
  13. Cynic - Focus
  14. Asphyx - The Rack
  15. Cryptopsy - None So Vile
  16. Terrorizer - World Downfall
  17. Repulsion - Horrified
  18. Disembowelment - Transendence into the Peripheral
  19. Mayhem - Deathcrush, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
  20. Autopsy - Severed Survival
  21. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
  22. Darkspace - Dark Space I
  23. In Flames - The Jester Race
  24. Gotsu Totsu Kotsu - Retributive Justice
  25. Ulver - Bergtatt
  26. Agalloch - The Mantle
  27. Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
  28. Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
And maybe a few others that are escaping my mind. Point is, I have a horrible tendency to go back to one of these albums, and I have a lot of trouble breaking that cycle.

I'm way too lazy to type up a list, but I'm pretty much in the same boat. Some nice picks in there though, Drawing Down the Moon is one of my favorite records. Oath of Black Blood is great as well, but the Sarcofago influence can be a little overbearing. Love the vocals on that though, they sound like they're being played back through a shitty transistor radio.

Man, you're making me really want to pull out Ghastly Funeral Theatre again. I've been a Sigh fan for ages, but I must admit that's an album I've never gotten too heavy into.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm way too lazy to type up a list, but I'm pretty much in the same boat. Some nice picks in there though, Drawing Down the Moon is one of my favorite records. Oath of Black Blood is great as well, but the Sarcofago influence can be a little overbearing. Love the vocals on that though, they sound like they're being played back through a shitty transistor radio.

Man, you're making me really want to pull out Ghastly Funeral Theatre again. I've been a Sigh fan for ages, but I must admit that's an album I've never gotten too heavy into.

I actually never even knew of that album's existence! I guess I didn't bother to check it out since it was classified as a compilation album. And you should check out Ghastly Funeral Theatre, it's great!

On the other hand, I realized that I forgot about Sadist's Beyond the Light, that's one of my favourite death metal albums, and one I've listened to quite a bit. However, I had Morgoth on Spotify and decided to listen to them just now out of randomness and HOLY FUCK IT SOUNDS AWESOME! I can't believe the band is German because they sound so much like American death metal, to the point where the vocalist could pass off as Chuck Schuldiner.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I've been listening to a bunch of melodic stuff recently and I forgot how absolutely amazing Kalmah's debut is:

Love that riff at 2:07!

Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Repulsion - Horrified
Disembowelment - Transendence into the Peripheral
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Honestly it's all downhill after you've heard these. Nothing even comes close.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
So, the new In Flames song is pretty good. Feels around the Come Clarity era.

Has anyone else given it a listen yet?

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
WInter days of metal is such nice, small fesitval. Reasonable prices, fantastic sound and friendly people. I hope that they go forward with it :)

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
New Rhapsody inbound

As far as symphonic power metal goes it's really good, even if the old Rhapsody sound is totally dead without Turilli or Lione.

Kinda sounds like Tobias Sammet singing over a Stratovarius song.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
monumental loss for the metal world. What Erik did with Unique Leader for BDM overall was absolutely remarkable. Rest in power.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
So, is there anyone that collects albums here? I only have a few CDs myself, my collection is pretty small.

For older stuff, I really try to support distros who are reissuing them (CDs, vinyl) I do a lot of trading, I don't keep much a collection since I buy a very large amount of stuff, and I'm going half digital purchases, half physical nowadays. I'll end up with over 200+ thrash album per year that I go through

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Discogs says I have 470 cd's now. A big chunk of that came in the last year. Money freed up and I went a bit nuts lol. Music is the one thing I do buy physically as much as possible and rip them for the best of all worlds.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So, is there anyone that collects albums here? I only have a few CDs myself, my collection is pretty small.
I definitely do.

Here's my collection:

cdsq8ffr.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I have a few hundreds. But I've stopped buying CDs recently. Takes too much space and I just kinda rip them to listen on my phone/PC (with headphones) 99% of the time. So nowadays I get annoyed if they aren't on bandcamp hahah

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, I see. Well, I am worried about space myself in that regard! I only have so much room. And well, I recently incurred a debt that will put an end to spending for now (accidentally damaged my aunt and uncle's car...)

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few hundreds. But I've stopped buying CDs recently. Takes too much space and I just kinda rip them to listen on my phone/PC (with headphones) 99% of the time. So nowadays I get annoyed if they aren't on bandcamp hahah
Same here, still like supporting bands on bandcamp. I will buy cds but only if my favorite bands

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

No big story about the weather or any back story on why I'm all about this song, today its just Total Mayhem from Hellripper.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
welcome to the next dimension. Re: collections:

r8wyM1L.png

ks1qzxF.png

oum59G9.png

have about 1200 CDs, 400 LPs, 200 MCs, 100 EPs, couple box sets. Also pretty big on merch, mostly for BDM. Last shot taken in honor of Erik Lindmark.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Steven Wilson on Saturday night at the Starland Ballromm. It was great concert. They played some Porcupine Tree, a Blackfield song, and a Prince cover. He got into an argument with the audience over Bruce Springsteen after he started talking about him and some people booed Bruce (they don't like him because he no longer lives in Jersey). Anyway, here are some photos I took with my Pixel 2 XL:

LS7AIoa.jpg

ghB2Ko3.jpg

mwldEeU.jpg

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

Coming in at the last minute with my selection is Burning Worlds of Excrement from Svartidauði off of their new album Revelations of the Red Sword
This album is a good reason why people should not make their best of the year lists final before December :)

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I would be down. Gimme a good reference and I'll try something out.
I think the covert art of Dissection (Somberlain, Storm of the Light's Bane) or Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse would go well with the dark theme, so maybe a mashup of those? Haha IDK, just an idea.

Edit: went with some album art collage I found for now. We can change it any time though.

Last edited: