• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
the Grand Declaration Of War remix/remaster is out. Makes a pretty big difference, drum sound is completely different and the album has a much bigger, less compressed sound

I really like the late 90's Mayhem stuff with Maniac. It's a bit goofy at times but they were onto something.

full album:

comparison vid:

I unironically love the hilariously overtriggered drums Hellhammer was using at this time, made him sound like a fuckin casio keyboard. The remix either severely tones it down or completely replaces the sound samples because it sounds like drums now

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
good signing by Willowtip. The label has also reissued Chapters of Repugnance in the meantime, which as a bonus includes a few re-recordings and a completely new track featuring the new vocalist, Josh Welshman. The new LP should be killer, and apparently more than half the tracks are already written.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
New Rotting Christ. Beelzebub Bless.

Rotting Christ - Fire, God and Fear

I have listened to this song probably 25 times in the past week. It is quite possibly my favorite RC song since I first found them in tenth grade by accident on mp3.com listening to Lex Talionis which is also an amazing song. By far my favorite metal group ever with Bathory I would say tied or a close second and that is because Twilight of the Gods is the main album I could listen to repeatedly from beginning to end.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Py7Exef.jpg

Blue Hummingbird on the Left (CA) - Hail Huitzilopochtli

preview for the debut LP of Blue Hummingbird on the Left, or simply BHL, coming this February under the banners of Nuclear War Now!, Iron Bonehead, and of course Crepúsculo Negro. This will be the first major release of the Black Twilight Circle in more than two years, with the last being Arizmenda's fifth full-length. This is cool to see, for as long as this collective has been active there are still a few entities that don't have a proper full-length. Expect some ripping black/death with themes of Mesoamerican mythology.

for those of you in the bay area, Volahn is actually playing in Oakland Saturday along with Caveman Cult and Xibalba, a true old school black metal horde from Mexico. I won't be able to attend, but it should be a killer show.

Last edited:

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
jz8BGdt.jpg

Blue Hummingbird on the Left (CA) - Hail Huitzilopochtli

preview for the debut LP of Blue Hummingbird on the Left, or simply BHL, coming this February under the banners of Nuclear War Now!, Iron Bonehead, and of course Crepúsculo Negro. This will be the first major release of the Black Twilight Circle in more than two years, with the last being Arizmenda's fifth full-length. This is cool to see, for as long as this collective has been active there are still a few entities that don't have a proper full-length. Expect some ripping black/death with themes of Mesoamerican mythology.

This is one of my first anticipated albums for next year. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

Nothing like a little Cannibal Corpse to heavy up a Sunday. Living Dissection is the jam o de day.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
hTLD6f3.png

not sure if this was posted before but EY. Would have been nice to get Immolation in the bay but still looks to be a good time.

also, fuck the new CC logo forever.

Last edited:

Ronabo

Oct 26, 2017
OHIO
Anyone her listen to Sigh? Their new album is so good. I wish I could find lyrics for it though. It's on Spotify.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day

Warpchamber - Abdication Of The Mind
FFO: early Suffocation, Demilich, Morbid Angel, Timeghoul

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Excited for that new BHL record. Defeated Sanity sounds good too.

Here's something I discovered last night. Esoctrilihum.
I guess they have released 2 albums this year and both are fucking killer psychedelic black/death albums. Not sure how these flew under my radar but I love this shit.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
It's been too long since The Killing Gods, so it's damn great to hear from Misery Index again.

Misery Index - New Salem

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
RIP Chuck. If you haven't seen it, the Death documentary "Death by Metal" was actually pretty good. Good look into who Chuck was and good history of the band. I enjoyed it.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Chuck. If you haven't seen it, the Death documentary "Death by Metal" was actually pretty good. Good look into who Chuck was and good history of the band. I enjoyed it.
It is a really good documentary which does not always cast Chuck in a great light, but it shows how much he poured into Death and how constraint he was by it. Its on Amazon Prime in the US at the moment by the way.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

a few bits of news being reported by the Yellow Eyes camp. Firstly, a new LP has been announced for Vanum, really fantastic USBM featuring the guys behind projects like Ash Borer and Fell Voices. Coming by way of Profound Lore on February 15. Also, the second Ustalost LP will be coming next year sometime and tracking has already begun. This is Will's solo project. Compared to Yellow Eyes, it takes more cues from earlier Burzum and Blut aus Nord. Really intense, meditative material. Couldn't be more excited about this.

Last edited:

Nachtmaer

Oct 27, 2017
a few bits of news being reported by the Yellow Eyes camp. Firstly, a new LP has been announced for Vanum, really fantastic USBM featuring the guys behind projects like Ash Borer and Fell Voices. Coming by way of Profound Lore on February 15. Also, the second Ustalost LP will be coming next year sometime and tracking has already begun. This is Will's solo project. Compared to Yellow Eyes, it takes more cues from earlier Burzum and Blut aus Nord. Really intense, meditative material. Couldn't be more excited about this.
Neat, I didn't know Vanum had something new coming up. I really liked Realm of Sacrifice so I'm gonna keep my eye on this.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Ah!
I had no idea a new For I Am King was coming out.

Melodic Death Metal / Metalcore with a female vocalist. Arch Enemy and Parkway Drive fans should give it a listen.

The album is great so far! Very heavy with great guitar melodies.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:
It's Friday, December and this is soon to be a frozen land.

Frozen Land - Mask of the Youth

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New In Flames for anyone that still cares about 'em:

Personally I have to laugh at their social media flooded with old fans saying they don't recognize them anymore. Get over it. They probably haven't sounded like you want them to for like 2 decades. Move on. Personally while this particular song isn't that great I like all eras of In Flames and I can definitely see the through-line with old In Flames and this. Sounds like a band that's evolved but is still trying to capture similar sentiments, really. I mean they were never about being brutal or heavy or anything like that. Catchiness has always been a large reason why I listened to them.

I ended up really fucking loving Battles.