• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Anyone here in Germany or Europe going to the Dark Easter Metal Meeting in München this year? Last year was great, I liked the Secrets Of The Moon set.

This year Taake, Triptykon, and Necrophobic will be there, 34 bands in total I think. It's my favourite metal event nowadays, if you like black metal and doom in particular.

Usually by mid February tickets are all sold out. 2 day ticket is 90 €

Pics from DEMM 2018 http://mrw-concerts.de/demm-2018/

kQoWnM8.jpg

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Every time this pops on my shuffle playlist I get hyped.

I think there might not be a more metal as fvck, intense, epic, visceral, gritty slab of metal out there. Sorry for all the buzzwords, you know it's true!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Expander is a cool band from Austin.

also great news regarding the new Funereal Presence. I was almost certain the new Negative Plane would come first, but I'm equally excited for this with that preview.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been relistening to Pantera again over the past couple of days, and man they are one of my favourite band still to this day.

The main riff in this is incredible.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
It's not often that I can not find a band's release anywhere, but it happened with Delirium Endeavor (the members of the band are in Contrarian now). I can not find their album Twelve Cusp anywhere, except for a stream on Youtube.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

Artillery - Pain

Cheesy metal ballad. And it kinda reminds me of Bon Jovi

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I just discovered Israeli Prog/Symphonic called Scardust

They have a female singer and released their debut album in 2017, and it's all up on YouTube
You should really give this one a listen

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Remember those ridiculous anti rock and roll documentaries from the eighties and nineties?
On a related note, I recently discovered Al Gore took part in senate hearings on the accusing side against evil rock 'n' roll because his wife was in some weird "Won't somebody think of the children!" group which eventually lead to the "parental advisory" label on US releases. They wanted much more, of course, that was more of a compromise. I'm not American, so I don't know how well-known that part of Al Gore's political career is. It was pretty disappointing, though.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
On a related note, I recently discovered Al Gore took part in senate hearings on the accusing side against evil rock 'n' roll because his wife was in some weird "Won't somebody think of the children!" group which eventually lead to the "parental advisory" label on US releases. They wanted much more, of course, that was more of a compromise. I'm not American, so I don't know how well-known that part of Al Gore's political career is. It was pretty disappointing, though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just got around to listening to some Traveler songs. Pretty kick-ass sounding traditional heavy metal band. "Street Machine" in particular pleases my ear drums! That main vocal hook is infectious.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I finally caught Amorphis live last night for the first time and they were fabulous. What a great gig. Though I have to say it's occured to me that putting on a live show as Amorphis must technically be quite easy when you've got like 12 albums solid fucking gold to pick songs from. Can't really go wrong. The Golden Elk is also a terrific live song.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
So, Devin Townsend is going on tour with Dance with the Dead and '68. Weird combination.

Story

Coming to the Starland Ballroom. I'm so there!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, seen all of the documentaries & films, good for a laugh

Favorite part, generic surf rock starts playing in the background

"Hey, what's the idea? Our youth group is back there"

The Cinema Snob did a really good review on that piece of shit. Especially his rebuttal of the closing scene at the church. (Bookmarked that part in the vid below):

The last part is particularly disgusting. Can't believe that horrific religious mentality towards homosexuality was still getting pushed in the early 80's in the US by some production companies.

Last edited: