• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I've found it, the worst thrash metal song of 2019.

Aftermath are good people, but they've been hyping this shit for years and it is unlistenable, so I'm sharing it with you good folks

Oct 26, 2017
I was reading the most recent angry metal guy blog posts and I discovered there's a new phlebotomized album!!! The last one was released... What, 1997? can't remember.

I own their two previous album (original releases, first-presses... Which cost me a pretty penny, 10ish years ago).

I've listened to the first two songs and I love it (it's somewhat experimental death metal):

Now if only The Kovenant would get off their asses and actually release Aria Galactica, that'd be swell. If phlebotomized can do it, I don't see why they couldn't...

Edit: Googled it. Yes, I was right: their previous album was released in 1997.

Edit 2:
I've found it, the worst thrash metal song of 2019.

Aftermath are good people, but they've been hyping this shit for years and it is unlistenable, so I'm sharing it with you good folks

Man that's terrible. For some reason it reminded me of this dude: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j17_ix7uh1M

Last edited:

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
New Rotting Christ, just in time to brush up on your russian:

Rotting Christ - Ветры злые

And new Misery Index, just in time to brush up on your... ...headbanging, I guess? Oh well, that new album can't come soon enough:

Misery Index - The Choir Invisible

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

new BHL out and fully streaming.

this has been kicking my ass all morning. I'm happy to see two of my favorite tracks of theirs made it on here, and they close the album perfectly. Storm captures their frenzied style the best and Southern Rules Supreme is a war anthem if I've ever heard one in underground black metal. Just a fantastic album. Worship Black Twilight.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the new Beast in Black now. Hell yeah!!!! edit: oh man that intro to Repentless is great.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking them up and Anton Kabanen was in Battle Beast. Both the names of Battle Beast and Beast in Black are references to (the comic) Berserk.

Indeed, I knew that much. I have no idea about Beserk so if there are specific lyrical references, they go right by me. lol

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I've been panning new Periphery material for what feels like forever now. Their debut was pretty fresh and had some great material. Since then though... yeesh. That song there is rough af.

I'm like the opposite. Their debut didn't do much for me. P2 was decent. Juggernaut fucking ruled though. P3 was pretty great overall. Took a bit to grow on me though since it was a step back from Juggernaut.

This song's good. One of the heaviest they've written though.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I'm like the opposite. Their debut didn't do much for me. P2 was decent. Juggernaut fucking ruled though. P3 was pretty great overall. Took a bit to grow on me though since it was a step back from Juggernaut.

This song's good. One of the heaviest they've written though.

I could legit go on and on being negative about this song heh. Video is pretty lame too, not that it's really important to me.

I really appreciate good djent and the bands who have pushed things to more interesting places, yet one of the OG Meshuggah coattail riders who helped the genre explode seem like they are regressing, or attempting to do something that isn't quite clear or widely misses the mark. I'm probably overthinking it, it's just uninspired and lame.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Recently discovered the current Icelandic black metal scene. Goddamn there's some good shit coming out of Iceland.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Just tried that Beast in Black album... noooooooooooooooope

I like cheese every now and then and all, but this syrupy garbage makes Sabaton look positively grim. *vomits*

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Just tried that Beast in Black album... noooooooooooooooope

I like cheese every now and then and all, but this syrupy garbage makes Sabaton look positively grim. *vomits*
Aw, sorry to hear that. I do think it's a bit more...goofy than their first album. They lay on the 80's a bit thick in parts. I need to give it another listen or two before I decide to buy.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Warmoon Lord (FIN) - Burning Banners of the Funereal War

completely blown away by this. I have no knowledge of the people behind this project, only that they are also responsible for a neat dungeon synth act, Old Sorcery. Anyways, this release is so on point it's hard to believe it came without much warning. True Finnish black metal in the old style through and through. Killer riffs over nice progressions, great use of synths, and you couldn't ask for a more balanced production.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Have you got any recommendations?

Zhrine is my recommendation, it's more easy getting into.
Plus those fellows dress sharply.

If you're already listen to BM go for Svartidaudi or Sinmara.

BTW long time no see MetalEra December and January are crazy at work, we humans make too much garbage, much less work now though.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
For the fans of Armageddon/early Arch Enemy, Daughter Chaos should be on your radar. EP coming with a couple singles out.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Just for some useless knowledge, þ is "th" as in "thing", thus the correct spelling if you can't find "þ" on your keyboard is "Misthyrming" 😬

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Thanks for the recommendations folks, just had a quick listen to them all and they all sound great, looking forward to listening to them properly.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Strange... How come I didn't get an alert for the @ tagging?

But yes Pagan Altar is <3

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Silvam - Birth Of A Mountain

I have been waiting for a peek at their first album for a while. Great occult black metal from Malmö, Sweden. Album releases March 22nd, but the demo is worth checking out and has been a mainstay for me this past year.

Last edited:

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

I have been waiting for a peek a their first album for a while. Great occult black metal from Malmö, Sweden. Album releases March 22nd, but the demo is worth checking out and has been a mainstay for me this past year.

the little things that these guys do with their guitar playing separates them a great deal from many others. This will be a great LP.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Soo... Apparently, there is a Cameo of Chad Kroeger (of Nickback infamous fame) in one of the songs in the next Devin Townsend album...

That's... Unexpected.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017

I have been waiting for a peek at their first album for a while. Great occult black metal from Malmö, Sweden. Album releases March 22nd, but the demo is worth checking out and has been a mainstay for me this past year.

It's ok i guess, reminds or early Volahn, we can say early Volahn right, those guys are 10 years old by now!
But when the track reaches the 3 minutes mark it dwelves into some Party Hard Andrew WK territory and then ends abruptly.
We'll find out the true quality in march.
But if you want some riffing in this vein check this mostly unknown gem from 2008:

Savnock - Universe of the Desolated Mind