• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
It's ok i guess, reminds or early Volahn, we can say early Volahn right, those guys are 10 years old by now!
But when the track reaches the 3 minutes mark it dwelves into some Party Hard Andrew WK territory and then ends abruptly.
We'll find out the true quality in march.
But if you want some riffing in this vein check this mostly unknown gem from 2008:

Savnock - Universe of the Desolated Mind

the Volahn comparison is pretty apt, gotta say. Nobody else really riffs like them. Even the production is on point to the debut.

that Savnock is definitely nice stuff. Would pick up this MC. Here's a little rec for the topic of high register riffing:

Diminishing Light (NY) - Salty Grasp

this is the last song on what seems to be Will Skarstad's (Yellow Eyes) first substantial musical contribution in 2008. The album as a whole is still him searching for an identity, and far from his best work, but the guitars are pretty much unmistakably him. Well worth a listen if you like his guitar playing.

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently Ron Jarzombek and Alex Webster had 3 tracks together that were supposed to be for blotted science but didn't make the cut.
and Blotted Science are going to release 3 different songs as singles soon.

Glad to see Ron is still pushing out content and can't wait to hear more

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Even though im mostly listen to Black Metal, last year my record of the year was Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
So I said to myself i was going to discover more Brutal Death Death (preferably Technical) this year, but since i discovered Wormed i can't stop listening to those fuckers HELP!

Need more recommendations please, i just know the most basic bands, Nile, Obscura, Origin, Immolation, Incantation, Dying Fetus, Hour of Penance, Artificial Brain and... Cytotoxin. That's it.

EDIT: Forgot about Gorguts

Thanks

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Even though im mostly listen to Black Metal, last year my record of the year was Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
So I said to myself i was going to discover more Brutal Death Death (preferably Technical) this year, but since i discovered Wormed i can't stop listening to those fuckers HELP!

Need more recommendations please, i just know the most basic bands, Nile, Obscura, Origin, Immolation, Incantation, Dying Fetus, Hour of Penance, Artificial Brain and... Cytotoxin. That's it.

Thanks

I'll recommend Beyond Creation.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
re: re: brutal death metal

Defeated Sanity (DEU) - Psalms of the Moribund

pretty egregious omission on my part. I worship these guys as much as any of the American OGs. Some of the best musicians in all of death metal, really.

Iniquitous Deeds (CA) - Incessant Hallucinations

easily one of the strongest American BDM acts to come around for a while. These guys like Malignancy a lot. Matt Kilner = beast.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks
7 H. Target

Vomit The Soul

Severed Savior

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I heard this band on one of their first concerts and we were floored how they nailed Iron Maiden covers and how well they play live... at the end of December they released first CD, titled 'Digital God'

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Even though I've been into various power metal bands over the years, I haven't really gotten into Rhapsody for whatever reason. I guess I wasn't ready until now.

There's a ton to digest in their discography, and the split between the two songwriters into two different bands named Rhapsody made things kind of confusing while getting a feel for them. It's been a feast of new music discovery. There are a handful of songs that I just can't get enough of, it's so addictive.

This song right here though. The key change that is typical at the final chorus of most power metal songs has never been more effective and interesting. It's my favorite of the later era Rhapsody (Turilli).

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Haven't listened to Saturnus in a very long time, been listening to their albums again, I still find their album "Veronika Decides to Die" 2006 better than their debut album "Paradise Belongs To You" 1996, which I guess could be sacrilege among other death-doom fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AStehf4j6LQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VPBIVILFEk

Any way, who here are Saturnus fans? Where would you rank Paradise Belongs To You, Martyre, Veronika Decides To Die, and Saturn in Ascension?

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Shane
Since i have 8h to kill at work and can listen to music i started with your recommendation, after my gaming podcasts, i listened to "The Aura" and "Earthborn Evolution". This guys are crazy talented.
The albuns could be shorter, and didn't like the dual vocals at first but i quickly adapt.

Thanks selfReg don't worry about forgeting Defeated Sanity, i forgot to mention that i know the band, and Deeds of Flesh lol
I already had Cryptopsy, Decrepith Birth and Ignivomous on my playlist. I think i already listened to Ignivomous or something very similar in name but not sure.
The rest is completely new to me!

So i listened to Spawn of Possession, both "Cabinet" and "Noctambulant" Fucking impressive shit, will listen to Incurso tomorrow.
Fucking forklift is gonna fly!!!

Thanks Brian_FETO I listened to Vomit The Soul "Apostles of Inexpression" the one you recommended, the artwork is pretty eye catching. Ravaging stuff.

Thanks for all your recommendations guys!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I heard this band on one of their first concerts and we were floored how they nailed Iron Maiden covers and how well they play live... at the end of December they released first CD, titled 'Digital God'

This sounds like Bruce Dickinson (solo albums). Enjoying this a lot so far, thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
incurso in insane ;)
I've forgotten a few times over the years that they even released it and I get giddy all over again when I spin it.

edit: speaking of spawn of possession - yesterday incurso vinyl went up for preorder for the first time. the different color schemes are limited to 100-200 copies a piece. same with the noctambulant copies that are still up from their first print runs.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to give that Skyeye album a listen soon. edit: yeah, echoing that this sounds like a Dickinson solo album, digging it. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed Beyond Creation Hell Shinobi

I need the new Eternity's End album already (I was wondering why it wasn't on Spotify, only to just find out it's not released worldwide). I enjoy the first, but this sounds like an even better record, god damn. New vocalist gives off some Tyrant vibes from Jag Panzer. edit: ah, he's from Hibria.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
What are the best Metal Bands to come out of New Orleans?

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks selfReg don't worry about forgeting Defeated Sanity, i forgot to mention that i know the band, and Deeds of Flesh lol
I already had Cryptopsy, Decrepith Birth and Ignivomous on my playlist. I think i already listened to Ignivomous or something very similar in name but not sure.
The rest is completely new to me!

So i listened to Spawn of Possession, both "Cabinet" and "Noctambulant" Fucking impressive shit, will listen to Incurso tomorrow.
Fucking forklift is gonna fly!!!

cheers. There's another Defeated Sanity related band worth checking out called Abhorrent Castigation. It's dialed back to something more akin to an original Unique Leader LP, but it's got Lille Gruber beasting as a session drummer. I'll also rattle off a few others from Willowtip, which as you know by now is a force in this space.

Abhorrent Castigation (DEU) - Throne of Existential Abandonment

Abhorrent (TX) - Intransigence

Gigan (IL) - Multi-Dimensional Fractal-Sorcery and Super Science

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
And they didn't even put Vinnie Paul in in memoriam. Boy am I glad I didn't watch.

Sucks for Vinnie but High on Fire is actually good. I never listened to them before but Electric Messiah is a very good album.

Well i guess people who dislike Stoner would have prefered something else but their win seems fair to me.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I was raving about them when I asked for recommendations for more tech/brutal DM.

But this came to me via selfReg

Gigan (IL) - Multi-Dimensional Fractal-Sorcery and Super Science

Man oh man. This is insane. Just completely on another level, another dimension, forgive me the pun.
Just mental.
Both records are crazy. Absolutely recommended stuff.

Thanks again selfReg

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
New Vader art is goddamn incredible

51783104_10158362982824517_1051094697671393280_n.jpg

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia

Latest Rotting Christ album is on Youtube, published by Season of Mist (they have uploaded it). Official release date is tomorrow.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Haha. I didn't know Hammer Witch. Pretty decent. As for Exhorder I had admittedly forgotten about them/them being from NOLA, but I was never a fan, to be honest.

Hammer Witch heel turned into an aggressive thrash band in their second demo due to Exhorder actually, I love both but that power/speed EP is fantatsic

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

Can we talk about how fucking awesome song this is. The main riff, the godly guitar solo. I put this fucker on repeat.

EDIT: Wait, Proscriptor played on this song? Holy shit that's amazing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Listened to the Heretics from Rotting Christ on YouTube and then just ordered it today. Great move to close out with the Raven! I think by far my absolute favorite of theirs ever although I did like Sanctus Diavalos, Theogonia, and I started out in 2002 with Lex Talionis at 15 which changed my life.