• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Gigan's drummer is so much fun to listen to. I love all death metal, but a really kinda wild and less mechanical drummer can make some coooooool shit!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Went to see Astroinoid, Tesseract, and BTBAM last night in Asbury Park at the Asbury Lanes. Here are some pics:

3XX6OaS.jpg

IshEM6t.jpg

84yZzjX.jpg

The bands were really good, but BTBAM kicked major ass.

SexRanger

Nov 13, 2017
Finland
Long time lurker here, but this is one of my favorite threads here. Just keeps giving awsome bands day to day. I am post-punk/hardcore guy mostly but in my heart I know metal is way to go.

I have one band suggestion here, I hope its not againts the rules to just "drop" band here.

Local BM band, not strictly connected to me. But observing what folks like here, this might just hit the spot.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Vanum also new Ruin Lust - "Sacrifice"

oh nice stuff! Haven't heard these guys in a long time.

Long time lurker here, but this is one of my favorite threads here. Just keeps giving awsome bands day to day. I am post-punk/hardcore guy mostly but in my heart I know metal is way to go.

I have one band suggestion here, I hope its not againts the rules to just "drop" band here.

Local BM band, not strictly connected to me. But observing what folks like here, this might just hit the spot.

welcome to our thread, friend. I'm a fan of post-punk/hardcore too. Anyways this band is definitely up my alley. Vocals are absolutely insane haha, and I like to think I've heard some extreme performances.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Can we talk about how fucking awesome song this is. The main riff, the godly guitar solo. I put this fucker on repeat.

EDIT: Wait, Proscriptor played on this song? Holy shit that's amazing.

Yesssss. Fucking love this band. I wish they'd put Djinn on Bandcamp, it's the only album of theirs that I really want that I still don't have...

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
No problem! I hate how Osmose and some other labels don't make specific band pages. Makes it harder to find stuff.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Howdy folks, my band just put up our side of an upcoming split. Check it out if you're into that sort of thing

Grind, death, etc

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Awkwardly posted this in the wrong thread...….

Anyway, Spotify recommended me this song and I'm thouroughly amused with it's title.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Wondering if anyone has any recs for bands that sound like Japan's Serpent and Veiled in Scarlet. Super melodic neoclassical melodeath.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The new Rotting Christ is good but those spoken word parts are corny as fuck lol.

Really? I think they are different although Sakis said in an interview this album would be different. The album to me I cannot give less than a 9/10 with maybe Heaven, Hell, and Fire (the first half of it before the guitar solo) being the only down part.

Where I think RC (and a lot of other bands) needs to improve upon is their gear. Amon Amarth does this right with their Green Certified shirts. Most bands have good designs but print on cheap Gildan blanks.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Slough Feg east coast tour announced today. I am so excited because the last time they were in Baltimore, the sound was horrible. This show will be great.
LDZIT5Y.jpg

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
That's so Devy.

Definitely some strapping going on in there. :)

Edit: The random Mary Moo Cow made be blurt out a laugh in work- trying to be low key about listening to music. D:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Devin is back.

And that's pure typical Devin'ness.

To anyone that hasn't been following, he said this track is a kind of overture and has represents elements throughout the album. It is admittedly all over the place because of that.

That said, I like it. Probably not a great single but a cool intro to the album.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The new Candlemass is out today, with their first vocalist back again. I guess with their next album will have their third vocalist, or a new guy. Who knows.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm in for that Slough Feg show. Though I realize I am wayyy behind on their albums... don't think I heard like, the last 4 😩

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New Enforcer track is alright. I like it, just want some speed from these guys. Production seems a little weak too.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda run out of black metal and grindcore to listen to and I'm finally coming around on death metal. I've always listened to a few things here and there (Portal, Cannibal Corpse), but I feel like I'm finally coming around and need more death shit.

Currently hooked on Morbid Angel (Gateways to Annihilation in particular) and Outer Heaven (love those borderline slams). I'm generally not a big fan of super clean or technical stuff, so if you feel like dropping a few recommendations, I'll add em to my list of stuff to check out.

Last edited:

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I've kinda run out of black metal and grindcore to listen to and I'm finally coming around on death metal. I've always listened to a few things here and there (Portal, Cannibal Corpse), but I feel like I'm kinda coming around and need more death shit.

Currently hooked on Morbid Angel and Outer Heaven. I'm generally not a big fan of super clean or technical stuff, so if you feel like dropping a few recommendations, I'll add em to my list of stuff to check out.
This is my favourite death metal album. The band only made one album.

Gorement - The Ending Quest

Also recommend Carcass if you are listening to Morbid Angel. I generally prefer European-style death metal over NA-style death metal though.

(YouTube upload not the best quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjAOXyz8Opg

Last edited:

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
I've kinda run out of black metal and grindcore to listen to and I'm finally coming around on death metal. I've always listened to a few things here and there (Portal, Cannibal Corpse), but I feel like I'm finally coming around and need more death shit.

Currently hooked on Morbid Angel (Gateways to Annihilation in particular) and Outer Heaven (love those borderline slams). I'm generally not a big fan of super clean or technical stuff, so if you feel like dropping a few recommendations, I'll add em to my list of stuff to check out.

I'll add Tomb Mold - "Manor of Infinite Forms" what an album, took me by surprise, never heard of this band before although they have already made a name for themselves. Old-school to the bone.

Not super clean or technical you have the latest by Meathook - "Crypts, coffins, corpses" it's very Cannibal Corpse.

If you want something like Portal but much much less complex try; Of Feather and Bone and Infernal Coil.

Outer Heaven is amazing BTW.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add Tomb Mold - "Manor of Infinite Forms" what an album, took me by surprise, never heard of this band before although they have already made a name for themselves. Old-school to the bone.

Not super clean or technical you have the latest by Meathook - "Crypts, coffins, corpses" it's very Cannibal Corpse.

If you want something like Portal but much much less complex try; Of Feather and Bone and Infernal Coil.

Outer Heaven is amazing BTW.

these sound interesting, much appreciated.

Yeah other than Morbid Angel, Outer Heaven is my favorite thing at the moment.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda run out of black metal and grindcore to listen to and I'm finally coming around on death metal. I've always listened to a few things here and there (Portal, Cannibal Corpse), but I feel like I'm kinda coming around and need more death shit.

Currently hooked on Morbid Angel and Outer Heaven (love those borderline slams). I'm generally not a big fan of super clean or technical stuff, so if you feel like dropping a few recommendations, I'll add em to my list of stuff to check out.
Brutality: very much in the vein of classic Morbid

Intestine Baalism: Suffocation-esque and then they'll hit you with a pretty melodic bit that makes you cry or something

Necrony: somewhere between carcass worship and swedish death

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Red alert folks, the new Relics Of Humanity EP is out. AJ Magana (Disgorge - Consume The Forsaken, Defeated Sanity - Chapters Of Repugnance) on vocals

For fans of............................Disgorge and Defeated Sanity

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Red alert folks, the new Relics Of Humanity EP is out. AJ Magana (Disgorge - Consume The Forsaken, Defeated Sanity - Chapters Of Repugnance) on vocals

For fans of............................Disgorge and Defeated Sanity

That cover art is awesome! Too bad it's not my type of music at all.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
you should see their other one, lol. Dan Seagrave has touched most every corner of the death metal world.

a4048383968_10.jpg

anyways yeah the new Relics is perfect, surprise surprise.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Got the new Pissgrave in the mail today. This album is so heavy. I think it may be one of my favorites of the year by year end.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
my contributions for the death metal discussion:

Molested (NOR) - Blod-draum

Norwegian OSDM, yes it exists. This is clearly an answer to Incantation, but it is great in its own right and manages to slip in some traditional instrumentation.

Adramelech (FIN) - Psychostasia

one of my favorite Finnish death metal albums. Really intricate, Demilich sort of riffing.

Necrophobic (SWE) - The Nocturnal Silence

this album is extremely cold, and extremely good. I mean seriously the guitar work here is too much.

Last edited: