• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Red alert folks, the new Relics Of Humanity EP is out. AJ Magana (Disgorge - Consume The Forsaken, Defeated Sanity - Chapters Of Repugnance) on vocals

For fans of............................Disgorge and Defeated Sanity

I definitely fuck with this

Also, slowly catching up on everyone's death metal recommendations.

Last edited:

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
New Pissgrave is so good. My pre-order came in a week early so I will be listening to it probably non-stop this weekend.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I wish Deströyer 666 would not print their band name on their shirts so blatantly. Fucking love the band but I hate their name because it's dumb but also because as a German I pronounce the name as it should be pronounced with the ö but it sounds so dumb because an ö is not the same as o, it's a completely different letter in the alphabet which we pronounce different and is like say oe, same with Swedish. I feel the band did it only for aesthetic purposes. I just hate the name so much but love the music lol.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I just got notification that theres a new Manowar album in the Apple Music store called "Hail and Kill", but I cant listen to it since I don't have my earpods.

Is this a compilation or a re-recording?

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
By the gods, the new Saor release is mind-blowing. Shorter than all his previous records, this one is probably my favourite already. It's so much more focused with 4 straight bangers one after the other.

Early Album of the year candidate.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone bought any of the Blind Guardian remasters? I'm curious as to how they sound, specifically, Tales and Somewhere far beyond.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Some sweet tracks that have caught my ear recently:

Twelve Boar - Beyond the Valley

Burly Sludge... ...something

Vale of Pnath - Accursed

Techy Death... ...maybe

Damnation's Hammer - Entrance to the Final Chamber

Doom... ...ish

Organosyde - Organosydic Holocaust

Metal

All ripping, all tearing!

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
By the gods, the new Saor release is mind-blowing. Shorter than all his previous records, this one is probably my favourite already. It's so much more focused with 4 straight bangers one after the other.

I rode 26 miles on a bike listening to that record and it was amazing. For sure his most cohesive work. It will be on my top 10 unless a lot of good stuff drops.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I rode 26 miles on a bike listening to that record and it was amazing. For sure his most cohesive work. It will be on my top 10 unless a lot of good stuff drops.
I spent my whole day yesterday jamming it at work. This is some Grade-A shit. The title track might be one of the most beautiful things Andy has ever written.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, damn, this new In Flames album is really great. I mean it's not on the level of Whoracle or Colony but still real good.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Bodom batting 1.000 on the new singles in my opinion. Platitudes and Barren Words is great. New Battle Beast track is a rocker too, finally glad to see something from the new Eternity's End album as well.

Last edited:

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

Just before they ended up being purely Pantera-worship, Throwdown delivered one of the absolute best ragers. This song just fuels explosive energy like few others and will always be a reminder of the joys of being part of a pummeling mosh-pit.

Throwdown - Burn

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
This new Pissgrave is absolutely filthy. Fuckin Catacombs of Putrid Chambers my god

Last edited:

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I like a lot of different kinds of metal but if I like Bathory, Amon Amarth, and Rotting Christ. Who else have I been missing out on?

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
If you like your NWOTHM, this one is a banger.

https://pounderheavymetal.bandcamp.com/

a3615994561_16.jpg

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Always had a feeling that the band initially broke up due to political differences that may have surfaced, and Jason, one of Haughm's long time friends (and bassist in Agalloch) since school also broke off contact, which to me all came off as being very personal. I remember Jason, Don, and Aesop being vocal about anti-Trump in 2016 and Haughm was always quiet - not that there is anything wrong with not discussing your political views, but it just seemed odd with all the members that were vocal about it, and having a break up in the same year and doing so not on friendly terms, t, I am sure the break up in 2016 had something to do with a difference between them and Haughm with personal beliefs.

Sucks what happened to Agalloch because it had a pretty unique style - tracks like on Pale Folklore, with wolves and hounds howling and whimpering in the baccground, set to an acoustic guitar overlay in the forefround with dark black metal riffs in the background, you don't really hear this from any other bands and what made Agalloch stand on its own. I actually like Pillorian's debut album - it was a safe black metal album but very well executed with an obvious tinge of Agalloch's atmosphere. I was even at Pillorian's debut 2017 European tour, got a shirt from it too which I like.

vYBBLUy.jpg

Generally I don't care too much about a band member's political views, since I listen to the band as a standalone entity and have never obsessed about individual artists in music - I mean if I did I wouldn't be able to listen to Deströyer 666 which is a fantastic band even if K. K. Warslut is a piece of shit. If they do dumb shit in public and they're scorned or have to face consequences, so be it, that deserve it then, like Haughm does now.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
On yesterday's metal releases:

In Flames: I'm a fucking In Flames fanboy, so I definitely like the new album but overall I kind of find it bottom of the barrel IF. It feels like it hearkens back to their older sound. Well, sort of. More guitar oriented anyway, but it doesn't really tread new ground. Catchy enough. I really loved Battles so this was a step down for me.

Mark Morton: Pretty good disc overall. Obviously YMMV depending on each singer of each song, but I liked quite a few of them and it gives a pretty good variety.

Darkwater: Hadn't heard of them before, but "Human" was a solid prog/power release. Good songwriting overall.

Queensryche: Meh

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

previews for two upcoming albums that I'm incredibly hype for. I can't say I've followed too many newer symphonic black metal albums to release, but that's exactly what these two albums are and they're looking to nail the sound to a tee. Vargrav from Finland has taken their Emperor notes from the first LP and gone even further toward the ItNE direction. Gardsghastr apparently is an international crossover between people behind Ancient Records in Sweden and the killer USBM project known as Chaos Moon. The hyperblasting is too real on this preview. Certainly did not see this one coming at all, and it's nice to see it supported by Profound Lore.

Last edited:

Zousi

Oct 31, 2017
Gotta respect Overkill for bringing another banging album. From excellent Ironbound to their latest Wings of War they are in a good roll.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta respect Overkill for bringing another banging album. From excellent Ironbound to their latest Wings of War they are in a good roll.

I'd only rate Ironbound and Electric Age as 9s of their content the past decade, been a bit inconsistent the past three albums but I still enjoy them more than most.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017

Just started listening to the album. Album opens very strong with Forgotten Paths. A very good start.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
From the guys behind Gorguts, Dysrhythmia, Kayo Dot, and Tombs comes a new track by Vaura: