• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty awesome album art.

Terrorvortex???
lfbtgt.jpg

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New Children of a Bodom is pretty good. Used to fucking love those guys back on Follow the Reaper and HCDR. I remember Are You Dead Yet? Being ok and I kinda dropped after that. Listened to the albums at some point but never a lot. This one sounds good though. There's a bit of old school sound to it.

Also the new Sâver is pretty great and real heavy, too. If you want some good sludge check it out.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
RDreamer Yeah, I think Hexed is awesome. AYDY is the only terrible album in my opinion as I enjoy everything after that as well.

Excited to see them live again next Saturday.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

Praise Beelzebub, it's new Misery Index-day. Let's do that.

Misery Index - Rituals of Power

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
They may not be their best albums but man I'm really loving having new Soilwork, Children of Bodom, and In Flames in one year. These bands were a cornerstone of my listening habit as a teenager.

Oct 28, 2017
That new Revocation album from last September, The Outer Ones, still kicks major ass. Dave Davidson has really grown as a guitarist over the last decade or so. Easily their strongest album.

Also noticed both Mastodon and Gojira are coming to my town this summer/fall. Mastodon is touring with Coheed because of course they are lol. Never really gave Coheed much of a shot, but they remind me of Rush tbh.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
That new Revocation album from last September, The Outer Ones, still kicks major ass. Dave Davidson has really grown as a guitarist over the last decade or so. Easily their strongest album.

Also noticed both Mastodon and Gojira are coming to my town this summer/fall. Mastodon is touring with Coheed because of course they are lol. Never really gave Coheed much of a shot, but they remind me of Rush tbh.

Coheed are really good live, I don't listen to their music normally but I saw them play with BTBAM and they put on a pretty good show.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Earache has been issuing the FDR editions of their classics on digipak CDs as of late. Chances are you'll catch these on shelves at your brick and mortal. The cool thing is they released Altars of Madness with Lord of All Fevers & Plague (first time as FDR). One problem: they changed the artwork. HAHAHA. I thought there might be a rights issue as there is no sign of Dark Recollections, The Key, Left Hand Path, etc. on this particular format, but these are still coming out on LP. Regardless of the situation, this is just stupid. One does not simply discard a Seagrave cover.

R-13104267-1548114900-9100.jpeg.jpg

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
the one that I am aware of is Realm of Chaos, indeed because of a rights issue but that dates back to 2005. I have the FDR CD of that one and it does use the 2005 artwork, same as with the FDR LPs. But that cover is actually pretty neat on its own IMO. This one, bleh. Literally a fan interpretation of the One Cover.

Oct 28, 2017
Coheed are really good live, I don't listen to their music normally but I saw them play with BTBAM and they put on a pretty good show.

The irony is that I'd be going for Mastodon (top 5 band, imho) who are notoriously for being a mixed bag in terms of live shows.

Still, would be an absolute honor to finally see both them and Gojira. Gah, I love Gojira.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
New Children of a Bodom is pretty good. Used to fucking love those guys back on Follow the Reaper and HCDR. I remember Are You Dead Yet? Being ok and I kinda dropped after that. Listened to the albums at some point but never a lot. This one sounds good though. There's a bit of old school sound to it.

I really like the new CoB album. It feels like Reaper + Hatecrew + Dead Yet with a mix of new things as well. I've been enjoying how they stopped abusing the keyboards (I think that's what put me off the last two albums they released.) There's a lot of creativity to it and I'm really appreciating the more technical stuff.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
the one that I am aware of is Realm of Chaos, indeed because of a rights issue but that dates back to 2005. I have the FDR CD of that one and it does use the 2005 artwork, same as with the FDR LPs. But that cover is actually pretty neat on its own IMO. This one, bleh. Literally a fan interpretation of the One Cover.
Riiiiiight. Been awhile since I've really looked at any of that. But yeah, I totally agree.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've recently started watching The Sopranos and I was surprised that the Soprano kid had some legit metal band posters on his wall. I've seen some Ulver and Rotting Christ posters in a couple of scenes.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I too agree that the new Bodom album is great. The title track in particular is just chock-full of melodic goodness. Hatecrew is my favorite album of theirs and Hexed is definitely scratching that itch! And the bass tone is real good.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned about Inferi a weekish or so ago and they're fantastic. Technical melodic death metal.
If you like Allegaeon, Shadow of Intent, or The Black Dahlia Murder, I think you'd like them.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to the new Crossing the Rubicon album. I discovered them while listening to a instrumental metal playlist on Spotify. Great shit. Jazz metal at it's finest.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Mestharim keep teasing something on Facebook. They have been pretty quiet lately.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New Baroness!

Track list for Gold & Grey:

1. Front Toward Enemy
2. I'm Already Gone
3. Seasons
4. Sevens
5. Tourniquet
6. Anchor's Lament
7. Throw Me An Anchor
8. I'd Do Anything
9. Blankets Of Ash
10. Emmett-Radiating Light
11. Cold Blooded Angels
12. Crooked Mile
13. Broken Halo
14. Can Oscura
15. Borderlines
16. Assault On East Falls
17. Pale Sun

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Baroness!

1. Front Toward Enemy
2. I'm Already Gone
3. Seasons
4. Sevens
5. Tourniquet
6. Anchor's Lament
7. Throw Me An Anchor
8. I'd Do Anything
9. Blankets Of Ash
11. Cold Blooded Angels
12. Crooked Mile
13. Broken Halo
14. Can Oscura
15. Borderlines
17. Pale Sun

I've missed these motherfuckers. The single is so fucking good! Preordered that shit with a vengeance.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Some killer stuff for fans of old In Flames and Dark Tranquility.

Man, I feel like I'm back in 2001 and hearing all those generic AtG/IF/DT clones... I gave the album a fair shot because early DT is legit great still today, but this was mind-numbingly boring. I'll give credit in that they are absent of shitty metalcore or modernized trappings, but I can't imagine anyone being excited for this, not gonna lie.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017

Mystifier - Protogoni Mavri Magiki Dynasteia
I'm really enjoying this slab of black (slack?) from Mystifier.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
New Baroness!

1. Front Toward Enemy
2. I'm Already Gone
3. Seasons
4. Sevens
5. Tourniquet
6. Anchor's Lament
7. Throw Me An Anchor
8. I'd Do Anything
9. Blankets Of Ash
11. Cold Blooded Angels
12. Crooked Mile
13. Broken Halo
14. Can Oscura
15. Borderlines
17. Pale Sun

Hyped. Great track, love Gina's vocals.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I feel like I'm back in 2001 and hearing all those generic AtG/IF/DT clones... I gave the album a fair shot because early DT is legit great still today, but this was mind-numbingly boring. I'll give credit in that they are absent of shitty metalcore or modernized trappings, but I can't imagine anyone being excited for this, not gonna lie.

It may sound generic but it's still good to me damn it!

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to Fallujah's new album a few times already this morning. I'm digging it but it does lack the special extra touch that made Dreamless a masterpiece of their sound.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
It is a great day to get pissed and kick some fucking ass, so in the spirit of that here is

Song of the Day:

Venom Prison - Asura's Realm

And of course Asthma Castle

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
This is pretty awesome album art.

Terrorvortex???
lfbtgt.jpg
Just looking at song titles make me smile

1. Into the Terrorvortex of Kor-Virliath
2. The Siege of Dunkeld (In Hoots We Trust)
3. Masters of the Galaxy
4. The Land of Unicorns
5. Power of the Laser Dragon Fire
6. Legendary Enchanted Jetpack
7. Gloryhammer
8. Hootsforce
9. Battle for Eternity
10. The Fires of Ancient Cosmic Destiny