• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The new Possessed song
giphy.gif

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Sounds terrible to me but then I'm not a fan of that type of music!

If you like it though then you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Vargrav (FIN) - In Streams from Great Mysteries

another preview from the upcoming Vargrav. Again, really excellent call back to the OGs of symphonic black metal.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
So started listening to some Death for research purposes since they are considered one of the founding members of death metal. And it's some good stuff:

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Finally bought some tickets to MDF 2019, for two of the nights at least, really pumped to finally see Full of Hell, Frightmare and Tomb Mold.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Some of my recent pickups. I have been taking a break the first part of this year and am ready to jump in. There is ALOOOOOT of good stuff coming in April.

Finally bought some tickets to MDF 2019, for two of the nights at least, really pumped to finally see Full of Hell, Frightmare and Tomb Mold.
We should meet up at some point, I'll buy you a beer! I'll be there for the entire thing, pre-fest through Sunday night all venues.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Amon Amarth keeps it coming with awesome album art.

Saw Rivers of Nihil last night. It was awesome seeing them play their newest album all the way through live with the saxophone. But not sure if I am getting old or what but i really don't understand having the speakers so loud you can barely hear the actual music.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know that people are expecting ground breaking from Amon Amarth, they have produced the same album for like 25 years, but they sure as hell are consistent.

Yeah, I feel like bands like AA are in a bind. If they try anything new fans will get mad for not being what they expect, and if they don't change, people get mad at them for not trying something new.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Regarding AA, you don't have to change your sound to sound fresh and rejuvenated, you just need to come up with better riffs which I feel AA has gotten a bit mediocre at.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Regarding AA, you don't have to change your sound to sound fresh and rejuvenated, you just need to come up with better riffs which I feel AA has gotten a bit mediocre at.

Yeah, their material is instantly forgettable. Boring sound, banal riffs. They never really had the material to back up their popularity, they just executed that formula really effectively.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like some bands underestimate the importance of having a name that is easy to chant. See for example the inclusion of "fuckin'" to the chant of "Machine fuckin' Head".

On that note:

Song of the Day:

Murder Rape Amputate - Chopped Torso Puzzle

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
This is some good melodic death metal:

Indeed, I posted this a while ago, good stuff, the second single is really good too. edit: oh dang the album is out, well this is turning out to be a great day for new releases.

Great day for power/speed/heavy/whatever releases.

The new Eternity's End album is incredible from start to finish.

Listening to the new Battle Beast now, and next up is the new Frozen Crown album.

edit: New Battle Beast album rocks plenty. The Golden Horde is awesome

Listening to the new album from Frozen Crown now. God damn this is good.

Last edited:

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Teitanblood (ESP) - Sanctified Dysecdysis

Teitanblood will be coming through with a new LP later this year through Noevdia, so this is my excuse to post my favorite song by them. These guys have been a force in the underground since their earliest contributions. They continually raise the bar for what one can expect with bestial black or occult death or what have you. This recording in particular is pure hell.