• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
some assholes over at MetalSucks got some Horna shows for their US tour cancelled. Laughable shit.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Fans of Japanese Melodic Death Metal should check out Devil Within. Female fronted melodeath with a lineup of members from my favorite groups.

Vocal: U (MergingMoon)
Guitar: KENSUKE (UNDEAD CORPORATION)
Guitar: KOUTA (THOUSAND EYES)
Bass: YOJI (AFTERZERO,HELLHOUND,MASTERMIND)
Drums: YU-TO (UNDEAD CORPORATION)

I'm very excited for the album coming out soon. Preview below~

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for this!!! I need this album now. How difficult is it to pre-order from Japanese Amazon?

It's pretty easy! You can use the same email address, but Prime won't carry over so you might have to pay for shipping. There's also a general English language selection as well. Amazon will convert the funds to JPY and accept whatever payment Amazon normally accepts. When I've purchased singles and mini-albums, they usually arrived in two days despite basic shipping.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2078269878946561&id=354617581311808

55618245_2078269425613273_351331451548991488_o.jpg

New Xentrix album revealed. Excited for this, though they are super late to the party, UK thrash has thrived without them so long

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a vektor kick again for the last week, and that led me to finding demolition hammer (never listened before). now I'm stuck

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Ripped to Shreds (CA) - Eight Immortals Feast

new demo of pure Stockholm HM-2 worship from the bay area. Features an Insect Warfare cover.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a vektor kick again for the last week, and that led me to finding demolition hammer (never listened before). now I'm stuck

Mr Waffle-Stomper, please feel free to look through my top 60 old school death/thrash albums

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Universitythrashmetal/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2143120772442655

I'll link songs from each one below, let me know what you think.

Sepultura-To The Wall
Morbid Saint - Damien
Num Skull - Pirate's Night
Demolition Hammer - Skull Fracturing Nightmare
Entropy - Machine's Way
Possessed - The Exorcist
Sadus – Images
Dead Horse - World War Whatever
Pestilence - Chemo Therapy
A.R.G -Perforation
Attomica - Samurai
Magnus- Rabies
Incubus - Beyond the Unknown
Insanity - Fire, Death, Fate
Explicit Hate- The Mirror
Arachnid - Webs of Doom
Ripping Corpse - Rift of Hate
Sarcófago - Midnight Queen
Atheist - Unholy War
Nopresion – Sobre Fosas y Vampiros
Solstice - Eternal Waking
Devastation - Souls Of Sacrifice
Protector - Whom Gods Destroy
No Return - Raving Lunatic
Cabal – Past Sins
Dragon - Gallery Of Void
Obliveon - Dynamo
Merciless - Denied Birth
Hellwitch - Nosferatu
Epidemic - Factor Red
Slaughter - Parasites
Assorted Heap - Remembrance Of Tomorrow
Section Brain - The Vision
Gladiator - Made of Pain
Agressor- The Crypt
Schizo - Main Frame Collapse
Flames - Summon the Dead
Necrodeath - Thanatoid
Poison - Yog Sothoth
Inquisitor - Crypt of Confession
Revenant - Spawn
Messiah - Munchhausen Syndrome
Neurosis - Military Sacrifice
Vulcano - Spirits of Evil
Dead Orchestra - Satan Loves Me
Torturer - Back to Reality
Decision D - Devastation of a Nation
Protected Illusion - Plain Pain
Bloody Butcher - Bloody Machine
Overthrow - Within Suffering
Archaic Torse - Compulsion to Kill
Blood Feast - Kill For Pleasure
Merciless Death- Bloodthirstiness
Exoto - Ashes From the Past
Possession - Shades of Death
Brain Dead-From The Ecstacy
Silent Scream - Open Season
Disciples of Power - Infected by Science
Chemical Breath - Chambers of Lost
Savior - Conformity

I'm late to this, but this sounds great for a band that's been out of making music for so long.

This might be the first time I actually listen to an album released by one of those old reformed bands.

You've missed out on some really great stuff, have you not listened to Satan's albums from the past few years?

Last edited:

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been listening to the singles from the new Devin Townsend record that comes out tomorrow and I just saw the music video for one of them. I just had to share this piece of art.

Also, the new EP by Billy Rymer's new band rips, if anyone is interested.

Oct 27, 2017
Mr Waffle-Stomper, please feel free to look through my top 60 old school death/thrash albums

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Universitythrashmetal/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2143120772442655

I'll link songs from each one below, let me know what you think.

Arachnid - Webs of Doom
I'm slowly working my way through this and will post which ones I like the most (I'm currently on Messiah) and so far my absolute favorite (other than demolition hammer) is Arachnid - Webs of Doom

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
That Static-X news is pretty insane. In a good way.

I made fun of Static-X in the nu-metal era probably the most out of all of the nu-metal bands, then warmed up to some of their stuff 10+ years later, eventually appreciating them for their unique sound/style and as the representative of The Matrix era of nu-metal. Now one of my favorite bangers rn is a cover of Push It by Kartikeya (awesome russian band that does djent/prog like if Devin Townsend were arabic).

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I'm slowly working my way through this and will post which ones I like the most (I'm currently on Messiah) and so far my absolute favorite (other than demolition hammer) is Arachnid - Webs of Doom

Arachnid is one of the very best demo only bands that ever came out of the scene, that whole release is brilliant and the Stormspell Records release is highly recommended by me, a fantastic job they did on it

Oct 27, 2017
of the list these were the ones I could see myself listening to. favorites being arachnid, sadus, a.r.g, no return, and protected illusion

these ones I enjoyed but wouldn't listen to on my own. I would probably at least give each album a chance.

the other ones I wasn't too into I just removed from the list. admittedly not a big thrash head but overall a lot of solid albums I haven't listened to that I would listen to now. an album not listed here that I actually enjoy is violator - chemical assault.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
of the list these were the ones I could see myself listening to. favorites being arachnid, sadus, a.r.g, no return, and protected illusion

these ones I enjoyed but wouldn't listen to on my own. I would probably at least give each album a chance.

the other ones I wasn't too into I just removed from the list. admittedly not a big thrash head but overall a lot of solid albums I haven't listened to that I would listen to now. an album not listed here that I actually enjoy is violator - chemical assault.

Thanks for your thoughts. Give that Ripping Corpse album a chance, it is very good.

Violator is a modern thrash band, they'd be part of an entire different list, above albums are 80s-90s.

Honestly if you were not much a thrash metal guy and came away liking some of those, that is good enough for me haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for your thoughts. Give that Ripping Corpse album a chance, it is very good.

Violator is a modern thrash band, they'd be part of an entire different list, above albums are 80s-90s.

Honestly if you were not much a thrash metal guy and came away liking some of those, that is good enough for me haha.
I listened to that arachnid song 5-6 times in a row before I searched for the full album. So yeah definitely gave me a bunch of new albums to listen to

edit: also thank you! :)

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking the new album from Nightrage, great production. Listening to Arm Aim Kill now, great track.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of years back, I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to classify this song. Or at least be able to describe it. What I came up with was:

If Disney made a Dia de Muertos-themed Spaghetti Western-cartoon, and the soundtrack was produced by Devin Townsend and the vocalist from "Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza". It would kinda sound like this:

Song of the Day:

Troldhaugen - Lefty's Wild Ride

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The new Devin Townsend is completely fucking bonkers and amazing. One of the best albums he's put out and straight to my AOTY fight right away.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017

Love this comic series, and now the music is epic. Looking forward to the full album in april!

Many of the members are played by musicians signed at Century Records, including Insomnium and Amon Amarth, though they keep it in character and don't officially give out names :P

Shane

Oct 25, 2017

Love this comic series, and now the music is epic. Looking forward to the full album in april!

Many of the members are played by musicians signed at Century Records, including Insomnium and Amon Amarth, though they keep it in character and don't officially give out names :P

Had no idea what this was. Listened based on your spoiler for that Insomnium ref and this is indeed awesome.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
NEW MANOWAR FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to only be on Apple Music tho. They also remaster their first two albums and just released them. I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Not sure if its a remaster, are a Manowar remaster where they re-record it lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any good atmospheric black metal that people can recommend to me while I`m doing homework? I think I've burnt out a bit on classic Burzum, Ultima Thulée, Darkspace and Paysage d'hiver. I want something that is rather dreamy and ambient.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The new Devin Townsend is completely fucking bonkers and amazing. One of the best albums he's put out and straight to my AOTY fight right away.

Yup, it's pure Devin going balls out.

The tonal shift between "Hear Me" and "Why?" was so brutal and unexpected that i bursted out in laughter while driving. Almost ended up in a tree.

Great album !

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any good atmospheric black metal that people can recommend to me while I`m doing homework? I think I've burnt out a bit on classic Burzum, Ultima Thulée, Darkspace and Paysage d'hiver. I want something that is rather dreamy and ambient.

Midnight Odyssey
I'm not a fan but it fits the discription perfectly.

Oct 27, 2017
Right away I would say go listen to the first Manes album and the demos. But that's probably a pretty common suggestion, so I'll throw some more unusual things:

That Dismal Euphony album is probably my favorite black metal album.

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's pure Devin going balls out.

The tonal shift between "Hear Me" and "Why?" was so brutal and unexpected that i bursted out in laughter while driving. Almost ended up in a tree.

Great album !

Hear Me through Borderlands is so good.

The whole album really could hit my number one from Dev. Would be quite a feat but I think it's possible.

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
Whats your opinion on the New Rammstein song ?

I like it personally but i also have a soft spot for them as they where amongst the first groups that made me really pay attention to the Metal genre .

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions! Also, I don't know why but recently I've been listening the shit out of Agent Orange by Sodom:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Whats your opinion on the New Rammstein song ?

I like it personally but i also have a soft spot for them as they where amongst the first groups that made me really pay attention to the Metal genre .

Same here. They're a special band for me. Love everything they've put out, this included. Song is pretty kickass. Video is amazing. Their videos are always crazy good though.