• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
oh yes

D-BPvoVW4AAmiew

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Sanguine Eagle (NY) - Bride of Blizzard

pre-orders have opened for the new Sanguine Eagle LPs through the band directly, digital and CD editions. This is a preview for Storm Mysticism. One week left.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Song of the Day:

It's such a damn pleasure to see Unearth still pumping out this level of quality:

Unearth - Incinerate

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Next set of bands announced for Maryland Deathfest 2020:

Vio-lence
Cancer (UK)
Dark Fortress (Germany)
Massacre
Cadaver (Norway)
Impaled
Nunslaughter
November's Doom
Graveyard (Spain)
Imprecation
Putrid Pile
Malignant Altar
Necrofier
Cloud Rat
Napalm Raid
Shock Narcotic
No/Mas

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Vio-Lence at Soundstage will be stupendous. If even just the announced bands turn up I'll probably go

No/Mas is great, played with them in Chicago last year. Good for them

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
Vio-Lence at Soundstage will be stupendous. If even just the announced bands turn up I'll probably go

No/Mas is great, played with them in Chicago last year. Good for them

I am glad No/Mas is getting greater recognition, they always put on a great show and have a good turnout for them in the DC/Baltimore scene, so it was kinda a no-brainer that they were added this year.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Putrid Pile with the one man show. Killer BDM. Should have booked Insidious Decrepancy while they were at it.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Putrid Pile with the one man show. Killer BDM. Should have booked Insidious Decrepancy while they were at it.
Shawn Whitaker fell off the face of the earth but he's apparently doing a solo set at Chicago Domination Fest this year

For a few years touring bands like Pathology and Cerebral Bore kept using him as a fill-in and it was amazing, never really been a fan of his solo stuff though.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The first song from No One Knows What the Dead Think, the new band with Jon Chang and Rob Marton from Discordance Axis is out!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Shawn Whitaker fell off the face of the earth but he's apparently doing a solo set at Chicago Domination Fest this year

For a few years touring bands like Pathology and Cerebral Bore kept using him as a fill-in and it was amazing, never really been a fan of his solo stuff though.
while I do believe he is way underrated I also feel he could have done so much more, especially with a distinctly heavier project. Still, fantastic musician and showman. I'd love to go see him but I never plan for any of these fests lol.

The first song from No One Knows What the Dead Think, the new band with Jon Chang and Rob Marton from Discordance Axis is out!

fuckkk.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Listening now, thanks. Is this the first band to do psychedelic dbeat Cascadian black metal
it's kicking my ass. If this doesn't put them on the map in the mainstream black metal conversation, then I don't know what will. Engineering is absolutely fantastic. Their most massive sounding production to be sure. Ambiance has really great depth to it this time and feels more fleshed out than ever. It definitely feels as if an altered state was the focus of this album and it is psychedelic indeed. One thing that I really appreciate about them is their now standard format of 6 songs at roughly 40 minutes. It just works so well for this style of music and it's one of the reasons I find their LPs to have infinite replayability.

the Cascadian tag is kinda eh to me, but mainly because I think YE towers above basically any of the bands associated. They have occasional Krallice-isms and that's it IMO.

d-beat??? Breh. But really, I can't say I heard one haha. Just Mike doing his kinda-blasts and double kick thing. And the drums are extremely powerful here, gotta say.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Korn's debut album still fucking slays. I don't care what people think about it and nu metal ruining metal or whatever, you should still check it out because it sounds quite a bit different from what most tend to associate with nu metal.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Despise You (CA) - West Side Horizons

Tankcrimes announced that they're currently working on a revised layout for a 2LP reissue later this year.

P O W E R V I O L E N C E

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Hey guys, not super metal but I'd like to get some good ear plugs for concerts. Any of you have recommendations? Afraid if I don't get something soon I'll wind up with tinnitus.

Song of the Day:

It's such a damn pleasure to see Unearth still pumping out this level of quality:
Saw them a few weeks ago open for All that Remains and they were fucking amazing. Had never heard of them until that night and was blown away.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, the new Bloodred Hourglass album is very good. Great melodies, lovely riffs, and intricate solos. Their sound has a touch of older In Flames (clayman/reroute era?) mixed with some Insomnium-esque elements.

Bloodred Hourglass - The Unfinished Story
Melodic Death Metal

Bloodred Hourglass - Waves of Black
Melodic Death Metal

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Don't really understand the Yellow Eyes love. I mean it's not bad, but it kinda sounds like generic atmospheric black metal to me.
superficially I can see someone thinking this, but they eschew so many of the atmoblack tropes that I hardly think it's appropriate to classify them that way. They don't make it a point to write really long songs, they don't use extra instrumentation for cheap texture, their guitar work is lot more signature and involved than most bands who sit on their riffs. It's small stuff, but it makes all the difference. When it comes down to it though, it's about their songs. They write fucking amazing, individual songs which is something you can't emulate.

Last edited:

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Cool compilation with unreleased songs from tons of different bands, all proceeds going to reproductive rights:

blahness

Oct 25, 2017

Found this in my youtube subs after being hyped for it for a few months. Surprised he just uploaded the full album himself.

Just catching up to this now and it is a real work of art. The concept is well executed and is a good portrayal of the bitter loss of a relationship, overcoming, and finding yourself again.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Kill Everything (TX) - Infatuated with Homicide

no more Majewski vox. Night and day. I am actually excited about the future of this band, all due respect.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017

Amebix (GBR) - Arise!

just felt like recommending this very fine NS record.

Nice! One of my favorites. They actually released a couple of remastered 2-disc sets of this one and their second album a couple of years back that sound awesome. Well at least the albums themselves do. The second discs are live sets and sound pretty bootleggy, but you can't really expect much more from mid 80's audience recordings of a crust punk band.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! One of my favorites. They actually released a couple of remastered 2-disc sets of this one and their second album a couple of years back that sound awesome. Well at least the albums themselves do. The second discs are live sets and sound pretty bootleggy, but you can't really expect much more from mid 80's audience recordings of a crust punk band.
heh, you just described my pet peeve with nearly all reissues and their tacked on material placed to make them seem more comprehensive. I really appreciate the ones that focus on the main album in question, like the recent Earache stuff. Was not aware of the 2CDs, will check them out!
Entirely unrelated to the recent Tau Cross news, right?
oh my god this has nothing to do with that!

come on man, I called it an NS record lol.