• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Jig-Ai's album apparently came out yesterday but neither they or the label have said anything for days. Figured it was too good to be true with the super fast turnaround between announce and release. Cursed existence.

put it on bandcamp you fucking cowards

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Sanguine Eagle (NY) - Shores of Avarice

Sanguine Eagle (NY) - Storm Mysticism

out today. Treat yourself to a black metal summer. Vinyl through Profound Lore.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Aether is lovely. Heavy with a lot of melody and atmosphere to it. I'll have to check out the full album soon!

Aether - Insomnia
Melodic Death Metal

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I sold my Vektor records a couple weeks ago. I needed to make room in my collection anyway, so, thanks to David for making it an easy decision.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Metal Era, anybody heard of this dude?

According to his page, he composes and plays everything himself.
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Metal but i find this EP mighty good.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Few more MDF bands announced:

Sacramentum (Sweden) - Performing "Far Away From The Sun" in its entirety
Schirenc Plays Pungent Stench (Austria)
Suffocation
Archgoat (Finland)
Haemorrhage (Spain)
Valkyrja (Sweden)
ACxDC
Panzerfaust (Canada)
Asthma Castle

66485562_2364159683622522_4405592343441309696_n.jpg

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
I am really digging this album lately:

Funereal Presence - Achatius

This artist immediately clicked with me because it reminded me of this other really weird/awesome band Negative Plane. Turns out it's the same guy involved so check them out as well if this is something you enjoy.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Few more MDF bands announced:

Sacramentum (Sweden) - Performing "Far Away From The Sun" in its entirety
Schirenc Plays Pungent Stench (Austria)
Suffocation
Archgoat (Finland)
Haemorrhage (Spain)
Valkyrja (Sweden)
ACxDC
Panzerfaust (Canada)
Asthma Castle
Really solid announcement even if ACxDC is like 7 years past relevance

I caught a few songs of Pungent Stench last time they played and it was awesome, had to dip out early to catch Excruciating Terror though.....

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

This artist immediately clicked with me because it reminded me of this other really weird/awesome band Negative Plane. Turns out it's the same guy involved so check them out as well if this is something you enjoy.

I've been looking for something like this, thanks!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Ominous Resurrection is another cool project from this circle. New Negative Plane has been confirmed by Invictus and I'm ready.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
A bit past halfway through the new Jig-Ai

It's enjoyable but it's way more samey than their old shit, a bit disappointing

Track 15 "Heads On Stakes" is the first one that really stands out from the pack

EDIT: Yeah seems like they just saved all of the variety for the closing stretch of the album lol.

Last edited:

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Metal Era, anybody heard of this dude?

According to his page, he composes and plays everything himself.
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Metal but i find this EP mighty good.

I've been following him since 2015 - bought a few tapes even - and back then the project was already solid af; you should try and check out his album, Coagulating Darkness, whenever; it's a great album, possibly one of the best in its vein for the past few years.

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
Found this band today. The album Haar fucking kicks ass! Sludgy proggy post metal, if you like Rivers of Nihil and the like.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following him since 2015 - bought a few tapes even - and back then the project was already solid af; you should try and check out his album, Coagulating Darkness, whenever; it's a great album, possibly one of the best in its vein for the past few years.
Heard the rest of his discography. I really enjoy his sound.
If i had to criticize anything, i would like the drums to be a bit more organic, and not so robotic.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
New 1349 is promising, I really enjoyed Massive Cauldron Of Chaos and this is definitely more of that

1349 is a really easy band to ignore because they're a more mainstream black metal band that's hardly breaking ground but when they're on point they have one of my favorite sounds. Killer thrash riffs and raw, violent drumming. Frost rules, kills me that he doesn't tour with them here anymore

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
New 1349 is promising, I really enjoyed Massive Cauldron Of Chaos and this is definitely more of that

1349 is a really easy band to ignore because they're a more mainstream black metal band that's hardly breaking ground but when they're on point they have one of my favorite sounds. Killer thrash riffs and raw, violent drumming. Frost rules, kills me that he doesn't tour with them here anymore

will check this out. Never gave this band a shot for some reason.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
will check this out. Never gave this band a shot for some reason.
I was the same way for a long time, they were always the same as Marduk to me where I can get into it but I don't really pay much attention to their output

Their best record to me is Beyond The Apocalypse, best production and raw as hell drumming

The newer stuff is cleaner, a bit more controlled but I still dig it a lot

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
I was the same way for a long time, they were always the same as Marduk to me where I can get into it but I don't really pay much attention to their output

Their best record to me is Beyond The Apocalypse, best production and raw as hell drumming

The newer stuff is cleaner, a bit more controlled but I still dig it a lot

Definitely their best material. Don't bother with the rest.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Song of the Day

Excuse - Blade of the Antichrist

Excuse is one of my very favorite young thrash bands, been following them for 6 years when Oskar reached out to me to share his first demo. Some of the most talented thrashers in the scene right now, and I hope this album makes them big because they deserve all the recognition.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Listening to the new Disentomb album. Pretty cool. It's slightly out of my wheelhouse in some respects. Very brutal, not super melodic. I kind of wish it were shorter, since I tend to like this stuff in smaller bursts, but the tone is pretty amazing. Love how heavy it is.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe it took me this long to get to Voivod, but better late than never. Great band.

Still can't believe Metallica get all the credit for being "groundbreaking", when they never were.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe it took me this long to get to Voivod, but better late than never. Great band.

Still can't believe Metallica get all the credit for being "groundbreaking", when they never were.

To their credit, Metallica had the wherewithal to ape the best NWOBHM riffs and also sing the best NWOBHM songs as their own early on, then like many things they were one of the first to the market with Kill Em All. Lars being so ingrained within the NOWBHM scene was instrumental in shaping Metallica.

Voivod are an interesting case study, their evolution throughout their discography is fun to follow.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Just spent way too much money on cool and moderately rare t-shirts at a metal record store in Seattle >.>

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
To their credit, Metallica had the wherewithal to ape the best NWOBHM riffs and also sing the best NWOBHM songs as their own early on, then like many things they were one of the first to the market with Kill Em All. Lars being so ingrained within the NOWBHM scene was instrumental in shaping Metallica.

Voivod are an interesting case study, their evolution throughout their discography is fun to follow.
I always understood Metallica to be the Apple of metal. Took other people's ideas and just did them better/more mainstream. Oh that and Cliff Burton is a god.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Listening to the new Disentomb album. Pretty cool. It's slightly out of my wheelhouse in some respects. Very brutal, not super melodic. I kind of wish it were shorter, since I tend to like this stuff in smaller bursts, but the tone is pretty amazing. Love how heavy it is.

I am stoked to lift to it tomorrow. It will most likely be album of the year for me unless something sneaks up on me.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I always understood Metallica to be the Apple of metal. Took other people's ideas and just did them better/more mainstream. Oh that and Cliff Burton is a god.

James was a genius songwriter/Lars had intimate knowledge of the scene in the UK, the sparked at the right time and were early enough. I'm the biggest metallica nerd, too, so I'm not trying to shit on them.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Found this band today. The album Haar fucking kicks ass! Sludgy proggy post metal, if you like Rivers of Nihil and the like.

Good stuff. Not sure I would compare to Rivers, but it was good.

And funny enough it lead me to my other find of the day through spotify's Album radio:

The album combines black gaze like Deafheaven with some Agalloch/Ghost Bath. There are some hardcore influences in vocals at times and some prog/math rock parts. It's a great album overall.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized we are just over a month away from a new Tool album and we've heard exactly zero about it. Not a title, album cover, or first single.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New Opeth. Get it while it's hot (before it's taken down since this isn't an official link apparently):

Just realized we are just over a month away from a new Tool album and we've heard exactly zero about it. Not a title, album cover, or first single.
We have heard two decent quality live bootlegs though.

Last edited:

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
New Opeth. Get it while it's hot (before it's taken down since this isn't an official link apparently):

We have heard two decent quality live bootlegs though.

I fell in love with them early in their existence and this brings me back to the Damnation/Deliverance days. I am really enjoying this and I hope the rest of the album is in this vein.