• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Song sounds great. Little disappointed that they have more of a death metal production with this new one though. I'm partial to the black metal fuzz of their first one.
I get what you mean. it's definitely way cleaner/more clarity than any of their past releases but it still sounds like haunter to me which has me excited.
(I also hopefully won't miss them on this tour like I did the last)

Oct 25, 2017
This is somehow my first post in this thread. I can't believe it's taken me this long!

A dream more than a decade in the making will come true tomorrow when I will finally (FINALLY!) see Demons & Wizards live.

Century Media uploaded an official recording from their Wacken set earlier today, and my hype is firmly through the roof. Hansi's vocals are absolutely unbelievable in this recording.

Anyone else catch them on on this first (and supposedly only) U.S. tour?

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh yes! Better than Stace's scream on Speed Merchants?
I still give the edge to "Evil Invaders," partially because of how it syncs up with the reprise of the song's badass riff. It's a perfect storm of excellence.

The whole album is awesome though, and it's one that likely never would have crossed my radar had it not been for you repping so hard.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I still give the edge to "Evil Invaders," partially because of how it syncs up with the reprise of the song's badass riff. It's a perfect storm of excellence.

The whole album is awesome though, and it's one that likely never would have crossed my radar had it not been for you repping so hard.

Life's goal to get as many people converted to the church of Razor

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Anyone else catch them on on this first (and supposedly only) U.S. tour?
I think there is whole recording available on one of the Wacken official streaming sites, but I am not sure

Saw them at Metaldays, it was awesome. We even had live backing vocals, because it was right before Wacken. Only they have to skip Love Tragedy Asunder due to shorter playtime compared to Wacken.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Killer. Such an underrated band. I've had the chance to book some cool shows over the years, but they'll always been one of the best/most memorable to me.

Oct 27, 2017
I got to see them on that tour/around that time in chicago ^
and like 12 people total showed up which is probably why they've never came back

reeeeeeeal solid

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Ha, bummer at the turnout. I went to see Pig Destroyer in 2004 and both Dysrhythmia and Behold...The Arctopus opened. Hadn't heard of either band before and figured they'd just be shitty local bands...needless to say my mind was blown.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shiiit, how did I miss this: (almost) complete Insect Warfare discography on 3xLP + DVD via FOAD Records (the album is missing I guess)

All the fancy colors are long gone of course but hhgggngh

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, bummer at the turnout. I went to see Pig Destroyer in 2004 and both Dysrhythmia and Behold...The Arctopus opened. Hadn't heard of either band before and figured they'd just be shitty local bands...needless to say my mind was blown.

If you like technical shit, try Pound:

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Maiden in Winnipeg last night was fucking great.

Demons & Wizards tonight in Minneapolis. I'm gonna be done by tomorrow, but it'll be worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
Demons & Wizards was amazing last night!! So glad I was able to make it.
One of the best shows I've ever seen, no doubt about it.

Hansi was shockingly talkative and loose on the mic between songs—far more so than he's been for the three times I've seen Guardian live. And he absolutely CRUSHED all of his screams throughout the set.

My heart was particularly warmed when Hansi, Marcus, and Frederick all got specific crowd chants. Blind Guardian fans are a special type of nuts <3

Sore as hell today though with a throat so scratchy that even I can barely understand what I'm saying. Can't wait to just crack out on the couch all day tomorrow with Astral Chain.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Skalmold announced that they will have a special concert on December 21st and they will take a longer break after that

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
this is actually alright? Huh.

I have no expectations for 2019 Mayhem but it sounds like they toured De Mysteriis enough that they thought "idk let's just try and sound like that again".

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
this is actually alright? Huh.

I have no expectations for 2019 Mayhem but it sounds like they toured De Mysteriis enough that they thought "idk let's just try and sound like that again".

Nice. Well, I think with Teloch from Nidingr there's actual potential to sound more than just all right.
Besides, Mayhem never stopped sounding good, they only STARTED sounding bad. Imho.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Went to see Slipknot last night at the PNC. Gojira was like getting punched in the face repeatedly. Volbeat put on a great show, playing a Johnny Cash song, and then inviting kids on stage during the last song. Say what you will about Slipknot, but they put on one hell of a show. Sid Wilson was the highlight, dancing on his treadmills and leaping around the stage at times.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Jerry Only was at the show, with his daughter(?) (who was one of the ones taken on stage with Volbeat).

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Demons & Wizards were fucking awesome you guys

Hansi is as good as ever (his voice is so much better than on modern BG albums where he's just drowned in layers... Attack of the Hansi Clones ugh). Lost my shit at Blood on my Hands, wasn't really expecting it but it came up in the encore and it was hype.

And apparently, Montreal is cooler than other cities (Hansi said we were the best crowd so far and Schaffer added "as we knew you would be"), because we got a 2nd encore. According to setlist.fm entries, it's actually true and not just stage banter.

Suck it, other cities! :arrogant smirk:

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
New Kostnatění
Really looking forward to this album. The EP last year was one of my favorite releases

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Bunch of jerks, I would have loved to see them but they chose to not play the Bay Area. All of you are rubbing it in.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Also can anyone explain why Jon Schaffer looks 100 years old and Hansi Kürsch looks ageless, despite Hansi technically being older by 2 years?

I wonder if Schaffer dyes his hair/beard white just to get a silver fox look going lol... it was way too white, he's only 51!

Bunch of jerks, I would have loved to see them but they chose to not play the Bay Area. All of you are rubbing it in.
Aww... well, if it's any consolation, Los Angeles (and fucking Toronto, motherfuckers) gets Metalucifer and we don't 😭