• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Also if any of you are up for some rustic black metal insanity then give UNGFELL a shot because I just bought this album on bandcamp and it kicks major ass!

these guitars are putting in work, vouch. Hard to keep up with all these killer Eisenwald releases.
The first album is just as good, check it as well. Glad they got added to the Mystískaos lineup for more exposure.
yeah definitely. I actually recognized the name from the Fallen Empire days (RIP in peace) but never got around to checking them out. Hoping for more.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Wonders of Nature is selling their newest album on a USB drive? First time I've seen that.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Band has been boring as shit since whichever release had that awful Neil Young cover.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
New Ghost. Definitely not metal but frankly given the insane amount of thought they've put into their mythos at this point I don't care.

Also "Seven Inches of Satanic Panic" is hilarious.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I don't really listen to much metal, compared to hip hop and alternative and reggaetón, but here are some bands I like:
Metallica
Alice In Chains (Black gives way to blue is one of my most listened albums. Idk, something about it just hits me right)
Mastodon
Slipknot
Nirvana (counts right?)
System of a down( I do find it annoying to listen to now though)

Based off my "mainstream as fuck" likes, what are some bands I should look into?

Any metal bands with a female singer?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Based off my "mainstream as fuck" likes, what are some bands I should look into?
Growing up I mainly listened to stuff like Nirvana, Manson, Sabbath, Pantera, etc. Slipknot's self-titled album (and Napster) was probably the catalyst for me getting into more extreme music. At the Gates, In Flames, Children of Bodom, and Opeth were pretty effective gateway bands for me. Which eventually lead to more and more extreme sub-genres: Dismember to Cryptopsy to Pig Destroyer (and ending at stuff like Lymphatic Phlegm).

There's probably better gateway bands to ease you into things, but that's the path that worked for me.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Speaking of Bodom I'm listening to Something Wild right now and The Nail is still their best song ever!

Pure neoclassical melodeath madness!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Slaughter of the Soul and The Jester Race are pretty much perfect gateway recs IMO. Listen to those albums. I would also recommend Heartwork.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Starting to really enjoy The Great Southern Trendkill, actually, despite not liking Pantera in general. I know Pantera is from Texas, but it feels more New Orleans and Louisiana in general than Texas.

I need more Metal from New Orleans.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
The two new Ghost tracks are great. This band can do no wrong imo. No matter what genre they play, their songs rock.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017

New Crypt Sermon today. Some excellent epic doom. They've expanded their sound a lot since Out of the Garden.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The more I listen to the new Ghost EP, the more I like it. "If you choose to run away with me, I'll tickle you internally." Hahahaahaha!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
product_SNK_bbb_shirt_design_1024x1024.png

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Cult of Fire (CZE)

Cult of Fire have announced a double album entitled "Moksha/Nirvana" to be released next year, which will be their first full-length effort since their 2013 masterpiece. Friendly reminder that these two LPs should be in your collection somewhere. Amazing triumphant energy all throughout. The band will be touring Europe in 2020 with Malokarpatan who will also be promoting a new album. Needless to say that will be one of the best shows of the year if you can make it.

Beary

May 23, 2018
After 13 years the new Disillusion finally came out and it's really good. Their first big record "Back to the Times of Splendor" from 2004 really impressed me back in the day with its kind of progressive folksy melodeath and then the follow-up "Gloria" really disappointed my teenage self and apparently a lot of other folks with its very weird experimental electronic sound. So the band disappeared for 10 years and returned with a 10 minute single and a patreon campaign for a new album that has now finally released. It is a good mixture of their original metal sound from "Splendor" with the experimental "Gloria" and a lot more epic and atmospheric parts. Definitely one of my favourite albums of this year so far. Please give it a listen!

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Both tickets to the BTBAM UK shows have arrived. Less than a month to go, not looking forward to getting in and out of London.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Desairologie fuckin rules

Anti Music Fest 5 was sick as hell and these guys were a serious highlight (along with every other Hagamoto band)

Fumigated too

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

Cult of Fire (CZE)

Cult of Fire have announced a double album entitled "Moksha/Nirvana" to be released next year, which will be their first full-length effort since their 2013 masterpiece. Friendly reminder that these two LPs should be in your collection somewhere. Amazing triumphant energy all throughout. The band will be touring Europe in 2020 with Malokarpatan who will also be promoting a new album. Needless to say that will be one of the best shows of the year if you can make it.

How have I never heard of these guys before? I just listened to some stuff from their 2013 album, it's incredible. Reminds me of Lykathea Aflame (also from the Czech Republic so maybe there's something to be said for the eastern influence there...)

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, that makes sense! Maybe they will fill the hole that LA left behind as I doubt we're getting anything new from them, ever. Fuck, Elvenefris is nearly 20 years old...

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Man that reminds me that the second Lykathea Aflame album never happened. Elvenefris is like top 3 DM albums for me.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
!T.O.O.H.! released an EP earlier this year after years of silence, they're another underrated one. I will call Kali one of my favourite metal songs ever until the day I die and never not have an excuse to post it here

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Contrastic, Gride, Pigsty, and Ahumado Granujo are probably the ones I most wish got more attention. But Ingrowing, saywhy?, Lycanthrophy, Negligent Collateral Collapse, Needful Things, Jig-Ai, etc., there's no shortage of killer bands from there. Which makes it even sadder when garbage like Gutalax is what I see people talking about, nowadays at least.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
kills me that Lycanthrophy will probably never come here with their singer but I'm glad I got to see them a few years ago

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Contrastic, Gride, Pigsty, and Ahumado Granujo are probably the ones I most wish got more attention. But Ingrowing, saywhy?, Lycanthrophy, Negligent Collateral Collapse, Needful Things, Jig-Ai, etc., there's no shortage of killer bands from there. Which makes it even sadder when garbage like Gutalax is what I see people talking about, nowadays at least.

Splatter-tekk by Ahumado is A-MA-ZING and NCC also have killer tunes. Kudos. I'll maybe check the ones I don't know out.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

new BaN is always worth checking out. Time to worship their claustrophobic classic, along with a complementary rec. I'd put Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy... right alongside these two.