• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
New Blood Incantation is coming this year:

"We are proud to announce the new Blood Incantation album, "Hidden HIstory of the Human Race," will be released on November 22nd, 2019.

Dark Descent Records continues its pact with the band in the Americas while Century Media Records will release the album in Europe.

Featuring classic 1970s artwork by Sci-Fi god Bruce Pennington, "Hidden History of the Human Race" promises to be both a meditative inquiry on the mystery & nature of human consciousness, and a dynamic foray into the realms of progressive, brutal & atmospheric death metal, as revealed by Blood Incantation.

Recorded completely analogue at World Famous Studios in Denver, CO, Hidden History of the Human Race expands the sonic cosmos explored on Blood Incantation's critically acclaimed debut "Starspawn" (Dark Descent Records) and contains the following new tracks:

BLOOD INCANTATION - Hidden History of the Human Race
1. Slave Species of the Gods
2. The Giza Power Plant
3. Inner Paths (to Outer Space)
4. Awakening From the Dream of Existence to the Multidimensional Nature of Our Reality (Mirror of the Soul)"

Coverartworks sucks:

70345532_2504845979576639_5286334013789700096_n.jpg

But besides the bad coverartwork this will probably be the best death metal album of the year.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, I kinda love that cover. Looking forward to that album.

Also looking forward to listening to the new BAN later today.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New Cult of Luna is pretty good. Not quite Mariner good, but very good.

Also new Black Crown Initiate single:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this band from 2015/16

Yeah, the EP came out early this year after some 5 or so years of inactivity it seems.

I refuse to call Quest for Fire a good song.

I actually really like Quest for Fire, it just has funny lyrics.

My heart skipped a beat. The new Orbit Culture is incredible.

Orbit Culture
Nensha
Melodic Death Metal / Groove Metal

This seems alright, will have to check out the album, thanks.

Couple new tracks from Omnium Gatherum are pretty great too. Choaspace is a ripper.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
For me it is their debut at number 1, might be my favorite metal album ever, then Killers and followed by Seventh Son. Though I'm the heathen who likes Bruce's solo work better than his Maiden work not including Seventh Son.

I guess I'm a heathen also. I love Accident of Birth, Skunkworks and Chemical Wedding. Those three might actually beat out a few Maiden albums.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Since we don't have have a Rock Thread I'm gonna plug a really good local band from here in Greece called Villagers of Ioannina City. Their first English album came out today, and its pretty damn good. It lost some of the uniqueness of their earlier work of being a blend of traditonal Greek Folk Music and Heavy Rock but there is a small twinge of it that pops out here and there. For comparison, Today's Dance of and one of my favorite songs from their previous Single, Zvara:

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
it's too painful to even talk shit about :(

Hey, at least it's a drawn/painted cover. That's a thing I love in the last several years: Most bands have drawn or painted cover artworks. The worst in that regard has been the late 90s ongoing into the 2000s when nearly every band thought it's a good idea to put a photoshop abomination onto their cover.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Vocals sound way low in the mix on the new Blut aus Nord. Other than that I'm digging it.

Aine

May 27, 2019
This conversation made me realize that I never really listened to a lot of Maiden outside of the two songs everyone always brings up (Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast), and I was quick to correct that. For the record, I like Can I Play With Madness just fine (and while I don't think Quest for Fire is straight-up bad, it does...meander. The lyrics don't help.)

That aside, I regret that I didn't pay too much attention to them before, because good god is there so much good stuff to dig through. Hallowed Be Thy Name is a personal favorite, along with Blood Brothers and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I also probably don't listen to enough Maiden. I always get into a bit of a binge with them and think "Fuck I love these guys" then kind of forget about them for a long time.

My top 4 that I throw on are probably Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Dance of Death, and Book of Souls. Kinda weird, but whatever. I like Dance of Death probably more than any other Maiden fan I've met.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I also probably don't listen to enough Maiden. I always get into a bit of a binge with them and think "Fuck I love these guys" then kind of forget about them for a long time.

My top 4 that I throw on are probably Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Dance of Death, and Book of Souls. Kinda weird, but whatever. I like Dance of Death probably more than any other Maiden fan I've met.
Dance of Death's got Paschendale. the album as a whole is def on the lower end of maiden albums for me, but that song is too damn good.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Claudio Simonetti's Goblin tonight, was a lot of fun. They did a live score of Argento's Deep Red + best of set after. Go check it out if the tour comes near you.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017

Dance of Death's got Paschendale. the album as a whole is def on the lower end of maiden albums for me, but that song is too damn good.
Paschendale is easily one of my favorite Maiden tracks. Epic as hell.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Dance of Death as an album is pretty damn good. Not one of Maidens greats, but its up there. Although I was slightly too young (and I got into metal around 06), I always have the impression that it was buried along with dozens of other middle of the road to great albums of that time from established bands because of the trends at that time. Like look at 2000-2004. You had the rise of NuMetal. Older bands like Metallica wrre fucking up astronomically, or some of the thrash mainstays were floundering. The same old same old was getting too stagnant. Newer bands that weren't NuMetal were doing experimental, bolder moves in established genres and the older joints had to revitalize and shake up their existing repertoire. This was either highly successful(Blind Guardian-Night at the Opera) or passable but not spectacular(Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution). What I am getting at is that everything from that era just got clumped together in a hyperbolic desperate cry of nostalgia and bias that Metal is Dead and that the older bands all suck now, when in fact you had older bands still producing high quality music and some of the younger but highly more experienced bands then the 2000s wave secretly shaping metal as we know it today. Like I have even seen people just straight up ignore the early 2000s because of its notoriety when there is a lotnofnreally good fucking music in that era and its a shame that they do.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So I just discovered Beast in Black recently and I am in love with these guys, they sound out of the 80s sometimes, not sure if they've been discussed here before, hopefully they have since they are awesome (I swear I thought the lead was a woman first time I heard him sing)

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
So I just discovered Beast in Black recently and I am in love with these guys, they sound out of the 80s sometimes, not sure if they've been discussed here before, hopefully they have since they are awesome (I swear I thought the lead was a woman first time I heard him sing)
Yannis has quite the ridiculous voice. It's very impressive.

They're coming to the US for a one-off show next year at ProgPower, and I'll be there. One of the bands I'm most excited for, along with Ihsahn and Conception.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Just got the None More Negative Boxset. It contains all Type O Negative records except "Dead Again" as double gatefold vinyl.

The vinyl are pretty nice green slightly marbled, the box itself looks nice (black with the shiny black minus logo), but I'm struggling a bit with myself if I should keep it. For 200 € it is really pricey... but on the other hand the regular Type O Negative vinyls are really expensive.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the None More Negative Boxset. It contains all Type O Negative records except "Dead Again" as double gatefold vinyl.

The vinyl are pretty nice green slightly marbled, the box itself looks nice (black with the shiny black minus logo), but I'm struggling a bit with myself if I should keep it. For 200 € it is really pricey... but on the other hand the regular Type O Negative vinyls are really expensive.

Thought about getting this but I don't really need their first 2 albums and I'm confused why Dead Again isn't on there.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

If you really love Type O Negative then it was a justified purchase.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Also, apparently World Coming Down has never had a vinyl release before, which sucks for me since that is my favorite Type O album and the one I would love to own.

I knew you were good people.