• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Babymetal's fine but you'd be better off with Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas and Passcode for dance-y stuff. There's also Broken By The Scream but they're more Jpop + Deathcore than dance-ish. If you're looking for something more trance/dance metal oriented, try Blood Stain Child or Fatal FE. I'd also recommend Crossfaith.
Jpop + deathcore? This i gotta check out

Edit: What in the unholy fuck!

Not a huge fan of the lows, but them highs are pretty filthy.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This is adorable

If only it were proper Swedish DM instead of borderline deathcore though ;)

Words cannot describe my hate for this band and its ilk.
Hate is a very strong word. How can you hate a group of young girls having fun entertaining people? Music is supposed to pacify people and bring them together. What have they done to you?

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Hate is a very strong word. How can you hate a group of young girls having fun entertaining people? Music is supposed to pacify people and bring them together. What have they done to you?
They were all 11 or 12 years old when the band was formed back in 2010, and most of their fans are older males. It's weird, and the sexual fetishization of underage girls in Japan has always creeped me out. They've likely been worked to death since they were kids, which is exploitative too. Instead of having normal childhoods, they've been on tour doing a million concerts, handshake events, promotional crap, etc. Didn't one of the girls quit due to health problems (likely stress)?

Oct 27, 2017
My vinyl for dysrhythmia - terminal threshold arrived a few days early.

Needless to say that it's unbelievable and I can't wait to see it live. Much different than the one track they released earlier

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
I'm going to see Dream Theater live tomorrow night in St. louis. So hyped; They're going to play the whole Scenes From a Memory album. It should be sick

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Been a while since I've been to gigs, but I'm looking forward to this weekend: Daughters on friday, then Rivers of Nihil saturday. Been listening to Owls again in preparation and damn that album is still amazing. Looking at the setlist they play it in full and in sequence so I can't wait.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I've been to gigs, but I'm looking forward to this weekend: Daughters on friday, then Rivers of Nihil saturday. Been listening to Owls again in preparation and damn that album is still amazing. Looking at the setlist they play it in full and in sequence so I can't wait.
Saw them last night, they play the entire album flanked by a couple other songs. Awesome show.

Really enjoyed MØL too but didn't think much of Orbit Culture or Black Crown Initiate tbh

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018

I am jealous. So many great bands touring Europe this Fall and pretty much all of them are skipping Finland.
Daughters, Rivers of Nihil and Zeal & Ardor. Even the Leprous & The Ocean tour is fucked because for some reason they are supporting Amorphis and Soilwork in Finland, so that means max. 30 min sets for each, to an audience that most likely doesn't care enough to even arrive to the venue before the headliners.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I've been digging into the revival wave of thrash, and found myself liking it a lot. A bummer that trash has mostly been rejected, nowadays.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of thrash, I came across this today and thought it was alright:

Crossover in the vein of Power Trip is probably the best comparison I can make.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of thrash, I came across this today and thought it was alright:

Crossover in the vein of Power Trip is probably the best comparison I can make.

Has Mike Bonetti from the great Massachusetts speed metal outfit Seax. Not the biggest fan of the release, but I listened to over 30 new thrash albums this month so I will need to revisit it when I do my rankings

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone ever purchased a digital album on Google Play? Can you extract the MP3s DRM-free and just copy them to your phone?

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Yes. You have to download them. They're in 320 kbps. They're DRM free and you can put them on your phone.
Thank you! I was seeing conflicting information about this, but I figured those saying it was locked to the Google player is either wrong or outdated (some of those articles were from like 2011 or 2015).

I hate when bands aren't on Bandcamp lol.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! I was seeing conflicting information about this, but I figured those saying it was locked to the Google player is either wrong or outdated (some of those articles were from like 2011 or 2015).

I hate when bands aren't on Bandcamp lol.

There's also https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop. They offer 16 bit FLAC (and sometimes 24 bit) files. I was able to find bands that don't have Bandcamp pages there.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
New Dysrhythmia. We Lost the Sea, Insominum. I'll be listening to new shit all day.

Edit: New Gost too. Nice.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
There's also https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop. They offer 16 bit FLAC (and sometimes 24 bit) files. I was able to find bands that don't have Bandcamp pages there.
Oh neat, thanks.

Edit: not available in Canada apparently, boooo
IXHLxv0.png

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Okay! So I was bored and flipping around and saw that there's a show called Metal Mayhem on like 1/2 hour blocks in the bowels of the 25 mtv channels .they play videos they ran on headbangers ball. i hit record all, and this was days ago.

I get home tonight, there's 4 fucking episodes waiting for me of glorious old school 80's 90's metal vids waiting for me.

Now for you young padawans, this is shit from when they played on TV, for 30 minutes, once a week, at midnight, (Maybe one day I'll make a thread, but anyways, ... ) back when metal was scary.

Regardless, omg I'm having THE BEST TIME watching this shit! GLHF!

Anyways, its 70% hair metal, but that shit is my jaaaammmmmm

Last edited: