• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Okay! So I was bored and flipping around and saw that there's a show called Metal Mayhem on like 1/2 hour blocks in the bowels of the 25 mtv channels .they play videos they ran on headbangers ball. i hit record all, and this was days ago.

I get home tonight, there's 4 fucking episodes waiting for me of glorious old school 80's 90's metal vids waiting for me.

Now for you young padawans, this is shit from when they played on TV, for 30 minutes, once a week, at midnight, (Maybe one day I'll make a thread, but anyways, ... ) back when metal was scary.

Regardless, omg I'm having THE BEST TIME watching this shit! GLHF!

Anyways, its 70% hair metal, but that shit is my jaaaammmmmm

Metal Mayhem is practically all 80s glam, back 12 years ago I used to like having it on at night because they played Alice Cooper - Poison all the time.

I could still name any glam band/song based on the first 5 seconds of the video if you hide the left corner of the screen.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Metal Mayhem is practically all 80s glam, back 12 years ago I used to like having it on at night because they played Alice Cooper - Poison all the time.

I could still name any glam band/song based on the first 5 seconds of the video if you hide the left corner of the screen.
Well, that's still infinitely preferable to djent or post-sludge deathcore :)

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a download code for the debut Eye Flys record, noisy Melvins-esque stuff feat. members of Full of Hell, Backslider and Triac:
thrilljockey.com/redeemcode
fb74f5a9d2e1

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Really love these lyrics from Heart Like A Grave...

Years of disappointment
and disillusion
All I see in the mirror now
Is an old man with a heart like a grave

Do you still remember
Would you still believe
That this blackened soul of mine
Was once untarnished?

:*(

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I just listened to Toxic Holocaust for the first time and actually liked them quite a bit. Any rec's on thrashy death/black?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 3 hour drive to Manchester tomorrow for BTBAM. Looking forward to that.

Not as much as i'm looking forward to London's fuckery when I have to drive there Thursday to see BTBAM again lol :(

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Really love these lyrics from Heart Like A Grave...

Years of disappointment
and disillusion
All I see in the mirror now
Is an old man with a heart like a grave

Do you still remember
Would you still believe
That this blackened soul of mine
Was once untarnished?

:*(
Can't wait to see them live

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I don't think they are that similar to Toxic Holocaust actually, but I fucking love this band (way more than TH). I like Tyrants of the Netherworld and Hellfire's Dominion even more than the newer one.

Now that I realize it though, I never really did check out their other albums... (heads over to Bandcamp)

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they are that similar to Toxic Holocaust actually, but I fucking love this band (way more than TH). I like Tyrants of the Netherworld and Hellfire's Dominion even more than the newer one.

Now that I realize it though, I never really did check out their other albums... (heads over to Bandcamp)

Think they were asking for any black/thrash & death/thrash, not necessarily in the same breed as Toxic Holocaust, which is so bountiful you can grab bag 20+ bands each year and find them sound similar.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Think they were asking for any black/thrash & death/thrash, not necessarily in the same breed as Toxic Holocaust, which is so bountiful you can grab bag 20+ bands each year and find them sound similar.
Ah all right.

Regardless, I would always second a recommendation for Desaster. No matter the genre. METALIZED BLOOD~

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I managed to grab my 3 days pass to hellfest today, I'm so happy and relieved.
Site was a mess, but me and all my friends managed to get their pass.
Phew...

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Got back from BTBAM. Fucking brilliant show. White Walls to finish wew. Got a ticket to the show in Camden tomorrow but i'm not sure i'm going to be in any state to make the drive :(

Also, still fuck the M6. Horrible fucking motorway. Straight from hell that fucking road.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Archagathus saving us from all the boring ass grind bands in the scene currently.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
New Kublai Kahn album absolutely slams. These guys are sick.

Got back from BTBAM. Fucking brilliant show. White Walls to finish wew. Got a ticket to the show in Camden tomorrow but i'm not sure i'm going to be in any state to make the drive :(

Also, still fuck the M6. Horrible fucking motorway. Straight from hell that fucking road.
Thought about going to that show but I'm not leaving Notts until 7pm to get back home so wouldn't make it. Not keen on turning up half way through an eve with BtBaM. Seen them before but it was yeeeears ago; amazing show.

Jun 14, 2019
new machine head song,

instrumentally the song is really good, but i really hate the rappy lyrics, better than the songs on previous albulm by far though

also the lineup for new songs and everything after burn my eyes is and on tour is

robb flynn
jared maceachern
matt alston
waclaw kieltyka

and when on tour and playing burn my eyes songs is
robb flynn
chris kontos
logan mader
jared maceachern

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the Melvins last night at th
e Stone Pony. They blasted right through their set. The Red Cross bassist was their bassist (Red Cross was touring with them). Luckily, I got a place right in front of Buzz.

6pmFkMs.jpg

8TfMMTZ.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
It's another week and another 90 minute block of metal videos on some long forgotten MTV channel. You guys are missing out! I'm having THE BEST time watching old school metal vids!

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Metalsucks polled 180 prominent metal musicians and industry insiders to determine The 25 Best Metal Albums of 2010 – 2019. They finally finished the list. It's pretty interesting:

#25: Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas, Mariner (2016)
#24: Triptykon, Eparistera Daimones (2010)
#23: Pig Destroyer, Book Burner (2012)
#22: Yob, Clearing the Path to Ascend (2014)
#21: The Black Dahlia Murder, Ritual (2011)
#20: Mastodon, Once More 'Round the Sun (2014)
#19: At the Gates, At War with Reality (2012)
#18: Meshuggah, Koloss (2012)
#17: Gorguts, Colored Sands (2012)
#16: Between the Buried and Me, The Parallax II: Future Sequence (2012)
#15: The Ocean, Pelagial (2013)
#14: Kvelertak, Kvelertak (2010)
#13: Judas Priest, Firepower (2018)
#12: Metallica, Hardwired… to Self-Destruct (2016)
#11: Converge, All We Love We Leave Behind (2012)
#10: The Dillinger Escape Plan, One of Us Is the Killer (2013)
#9: Rivers of Nihil, Where Owls Know My Name (2013)
#8: Deafheaven, Sunbather (2013)
#7: Baroness, Yellow & Green (2012)
#6: Power Trip, Nightmare Logic (2016)
#5: Ghost, Opus Eponymous (2010)
#4: Deftones, Diamond Eyes (2010)
#3: Behemoth, The Satanist (2014)
#2: Carcass, Surgical Steel (2013)
#1: Gojira, Magma (2016)

Last edited:

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Metal sucks is already terrible but I would have to question any methodology that put that Morbid Angel album at number 1

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Either these musicians have bad taste of this decade just really really sucked for metal --
Metalsucks said:
Voters included members of bands such as Megadeth, Trivium, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Cattle Decapitation, The Acacia Strain, Revocation, The Haunted, Rivers of Nihil, Pelican, Sigh, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, and Krallice; staffers at labels like Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Prosthetic, Relapse, and Napalm; writers for press outlets including Metal Injection, Loudwire, Kerrang!, Decibel, Metal Hammer and Revolver; and some of the industry's most prominent managers, booking agents, promoters, visual artists, luthiers, DJs, publicists, filmmaker, photographers, merch makers, and even road crew members
Well, there it is. lulz

I really do not know what is so special on that Ghost album... the weakest by far IMO
It's their only worthwhile one.